Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: lori on June 09, 2010, 01:33:29 PM

Title: trigger point injections
Post by: lori on June 09, 2010, 01:33:29 PM
have had two sessions- this week im worse than ever. leary of going back for more tomorrow

anyone having these for muscle pain and if so hows it going???

lori
Title: Re: trigger point injections
Post by: warmwaters on June 09, 2010, 09:12:55 PM
Another thing worth looking at is Myotherapy - http://www.bonnieprudden.com/.

Long before I had my autoimmune issues, I had some very painful pain points, and discovered that myotherapy really helps. The essence of this is that at each end of a muscle are nerves that can be painful. By pressing on them for about 10 seconds (there a strategy to this), you can help break the pain cycle. If the muscles are within reach, you can do this for yourself, and I got a lot of pain relief from this.  Plus there is the bonus of being able to do it yourself. I roped my partner into doing it for me on some of the back muscles that I was also having problems with.

I also had cortisone injections, but this was as effective for me, and far less painful than the injections.

My thought on this is that it's hard to see how pressing down on a trigger point can be dangerous, and I'd prefer to take the least dangerous approach when I can.

Title: Re: trigger point injections
Post by: Joe S. on June 10, 2010, 03:34:16 AM
"Pain Erasure" is a painful therapy with mixed results. I tend to use it if the muscles refuse to relax under other modes. (Last resort). There are many other options to try first. Meditation, Juice, Tia Chi just to name a few.
Title: Re: trigger point injections
Post by: lori on June 10, 2010, 12:30:30 PM
had my third  round today- ouch!!! thats it- Im done!! gonna spend my 35 dollars for a half hour massage twie a month instead- today I was bleeding from the dumb needles. atleast i enjoy a maassage!!!!

done being poked-

lori

ps. the needels are way bigger than accupunture needles. uh
Title: Re: trigger point injections
Post by: Joe S. on June 10, 2010, 07:03:40 PM
Lori, try learning reflexology, and/or Reiki to help manage the pain. Acupressure can also be useful as well as meditation.