Author Topic: You guys are NOT going to believe this....  (Read 5199 times)

Crabcakes

Re: You guys are NOT going to believe this....
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »
I'm with ya! I had a horrible first rheumie appointment. I decided to give him a second chance for my next appointment in October, but if he is as rude and dismissive as the first time, I'm changing docs.

I do figure these docs get sick of traipsing from room ro room and hearing and saying the same things, not to mention the SLEW of paperwork and government regulations. They should change careers. I did.

Jules48cats

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »
Don't these Doctors realize that we are paying them co-pays and insurance payments.  I have been seeing my Rheumy for over 20 years off and on.  I don't know what I will do when he retires.  He always fits me in when I have a problem.   He doesn't always tell me what I want to hear and sometimes I think he gets impatient with me when I ask a lot of questions, but he does help me in the long run.  Although some of his staff is not always very good.  I was having allot of problems a in 2005-06 and was supposed to be going for some tests.  Sometimes you have to wait for the doctor to coordinate the appointments.  I called 3 times over two weeks to find out what the hold up was.  For personal issues I tend to get a little emotional and upset.  I am basically a doormat when it comes to confrontation.  My daughter and I were talking about what was going on and we sound almost alike over the phone.  She asked if she should call and get it straightened out.  The problem had something to do with a fax.  She called the next day and was told they did not receive it.  After checking again and knowing it was sent, my daughter called the next day and the nurse told her that she didn't check the fax machine yet.  So Sevannah said to her "Why don't you get off your bum and go check the fax machine."  She wasn't mean, but she was a lttle forceful.  Needless to say that was all it took. When I went for the next appointment the nurse was allot nicer to me.   I have learned to be more firm now when I am trying to resolve a health issue.  Sometimes I think I feel guilty for feeling so sick and needing so much attention.
Jules

Patze

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 06:11:25 AM »
All right Jules!  Sometimes you do have to be a bit forcefull for them to do their job ::), sad, ain't it?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Crabcakes

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 07:53:26 AM »
Jules, don't feel guilty for feeling bad. None of us ASKED to be sick!

decemberdeb

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »
this is exactly what I got from my PCP.  I was so appalled by his behavior, that I have switched physicians, and sought other options for treatment.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
You must be going to a brother of my old rheumotologist. I had gone to this woman for about 1 1/2 years and I thought she was so good. Instrumental in getting my sjogrens diagnosed. Then she started to fade on me and nothing new happened. Then, I sat in her office and waited 1 hour for her cause she was so far behind.When she did get to see me she told me that I was taking up too much of her time with all my ailments and complaints.

I never went back, BUT, I did have me next doctors mail their medical notes telling that I had been diagnosed with Myasthenia gravis and low t-cells. What a waste of time this type of doctor is!!!!!We all get stuck with one of these off and on! IRish

Patze

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »
Hi Irish,

Wow, every time you tell your story I have to shake my head as it still just amazes me!  Whew, I'm glad that you found another doctor.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Bernice

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
Naw! Naw! Naw! Irish YOU must have met a close cousin of twin sister of that fool I once had!!

FLASHBACK!
I had a doctor tell me the SAME THANG! After I had sat for HOURS waiting for him, mostly playing around with the young nurses in his office he comes in there and opens his mouth to tell me I take up too much of HIS time because EVERY time I come I have a list of problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that I need to make an appointment for each of them!!!!!!

Chile I thought I had been slapped or something, I mean I could NOT believe him. I told this flat footed joker

No! I was not going to make an appointment and pay a co pay or have him charge my insurance per problem.

But what really made him MAD was when I told him that if he was to EVER SOLVE some of these problems they wouldn't keep adding up!

That was the last time I went to him!!!

This same joker later wrote me to let me know he had become the chief of the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he understood fully why I did congratulate him or the hospital!!!

Bernice

decemberdeb

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
I recently experienced this very thing with my PCP, I think he was offended that I had more knowledge of this whole thing than he did...BIG mistake!