Author Topic: lymph node swelling and pain  (Read 3903 times)

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
lymph node swelling and pain
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
I've been having a lot of pain in my lymph nodes under my arm. It used to just be on my left side, but now the right side is hurting too. Any ideas on how to reduce the pain?

My rheumy says this is normal, but it's very painful to wear a bra, the pain has gotten to the level where I'm noticing it most of the time.

Ibuprofin seems to help. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Bernice

Re: lymph node swelling and pain
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
Hi Warm,

I too get this from time to time, it's very annoying. What about a warm compress

Take Care!
Bernice.

sboller

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
Hello,
I have similar issues, in that I get swollen lymph nodes on my collar bone.  The bottom of my throat sometimes gets this burning sensation, and now my whole left collar bone, upper breast area, Arm and neck at inflammed.  I typically have pain in my upper rib cage too.  Does anyone know if this is normal?
I am having a really bad flair in my legs/hips too.....

Wynter

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »
I have had the same problems under my left arm, but it's not that painful. Sometimes I feel a little soreness, but it goes away. The doc actually found the swollen lymphnode and told me I need to be tested for Lymphoma, but he wants to wait f weeks to see if the node goes down. Now that I think about it, I have been getting that little pain on and off for years, but never inquired about it because it doesn't bother me.

katyjo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:07 PM »
I would try not wearing a bra unless you have to.   I read that it was good for lymph fluid circulation. 

Bernice

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
Kat,
You are so right about the bras. I used to hate to go without one even at night I wore one while I slept, BUT NO? I can't stand them, I can hardly wait to come out when I get home. The only thing about that is, I worry about my girls becoming saggy. ;) >:( >:( ;D

The crazy thing is I didn't NEED to wear one when I was small and insisted on wearing them ALL the time, but NOW that I NEED one because I've gain weight even there I can't stand them. If I happen to fall asleep with one on now, in the middle of the night I jump up fighting trying to rip it off.

Bernice

Jeri

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:18:11 AM »
Bernice that could have been written by me.

katyjo

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
I read in a Chinese medicine book, that bouncing is good for lymph.  I've also read on-line some where that jumping (bouncing) for 20 minutes daily is good.  A mini trampoline while watching TV would make it more fun.  I am not sure if it really helps works.  Me and kids all like the trampoline and so does my 70 year old mom.   :D

jaygee

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
I am definitely worried about you all "sagging" if you go bouncing on trampolines (ooops!)   ;D ;D   xx

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »
Well the trampoline sure sounds like fun.

I pretty much need the bra  because I'm a pretty big girl on top (and bigger now that I'm taking meds).  It also hurts  if I go about "unrestrained". One of the shockers was that I had just bought new bras just before I went on predinisone and the new bra was very quickly too small after I was on prednisone for a month.  Some people might appreciate the increase, but for me it was a reminder of the bad old days of PMS, only on a permanent basis.

Warm compress sound good. Even if it doesn't do much medically, it sounds like it would feel good.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Bernice

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »
Kat,

Your 70 year old mom is jumping at trampoline!!!!?

Chile that's a shame, cuz just the thought of me on one possibly breakin a hip is enough to keep me off!

I spent the night floppin around like a fish outa water last night cuz I could hardly  find a good position to lay, my hips and back were hurtin so bad!

I wish I had the nerves to try it though. I do like stuff like that, well I used to, before I really knew what real pain was like, that is! 

Now ANYTHING that comes with any kin of a warning label on it, I avoid!!!!!!! :D ;D

YOU GO MOM!!!
Bernice