Author Topic: Scrapbooking!  (Read 3440 times)

wordnerd

Scrapbooking!
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
I just wanted to share my favorite hobby with all of you.  Scrapbooking!  I do it almost everyday even if I'm in severe pain because it brings me so much joy.  In fact, its about the only thing that gets my mind off the pain.  My caregiver Melissa even lugged most of my scrapbooking supplies to me in the hospital so I could do it there.

I take pictures of all my pages, so if you'd like to see them click HERE.  I'd love to hear what you think!

<3 Lauren

Bernice

Re: Scrapbooking!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »
Word,

You are VERY GOOD at this! Very good!

Kinda make me want to try it.

I like arts and crafts, but never took up scrap booking not sure if I have that much patience. A lot of cutting, gluing and keeping up with small stuff!

But I do honestly admire those that can.

Thank you for sharing! I enjoyed it. Oh! You went to the Sights & Sounds Theater? If so what show did you see??

Bernice

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »
Word - you are really creative! Well - I knew that already - but you really are. You're very talented both with words and the scrapbooking. I'm glad it gives you so much pleasure. You may not be up and about but you certainly fill your time well!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

wordnerd

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:17 PM »
Thank you both so much!  I spent hours scrapbooking in bed today.  Just what I needed emotionally!

Wanted you to know I just put up photos of my latest work on my scrapbook of my recent life:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ineffabelle/sets/72157622039867401/

Bernice - I've never been to Sights & Sounds...

Thanks again for all the positive feedback!

<3 Lauren

mom2boys

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
I love scrapbooking too!  As they say, it may be the only way our grandchildren will know what great parents we really were!  And for those of you who don't thing they are "artsy", you don't need to be.  You can do some nice, simple pages with just photos, a few words about them and a sticker! You don't even really need the sticker!  Just the memories of the photos are great and my boys love them.  They even bring out my scrapbooks to show their friends.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
Lauren,

Very nice...thanks for sharing them here with us!  :)

wordnerd

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 07:57:35 PM »
Just wanted to share that I pretty much finished my scrapbook(s) of my whole life up through high school and you can view it as a slide show HERE.

You can also see my scrapbook of my latest stuff including my birthday and a Halloween party HERE.

Though its exhausting sometimes, scrapbooking brings me so much relief from the stress of illness!  I just love it!

<3 Lauren

genko_b

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »
Looks great, Lauren! A lot of work, picking the colors and patterns to go with each picture. It does take you into a whole different world, though. That's the nice thing about an all-consuming hobby.

Genko

DanzGrl

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 06:34:57 AM »
I also scrapbook, but....
I bought all the stuff to do our wedding scrapbook about 2 years ago.  Our 8 year anniversary is in January.   Since then, I have not worked on our wedding album at all!  My nieces however, love it!  Everytime they are at my  house we pull out all my stuff and they make "special" things for different people.  We have such a great time.  And to think, my husband thought it would all go to waste!  :D