Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 12025 times)

BonusMom

Re: Need Support
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
So very sorry that you've lost two beloved siblings.  I can honestly say that I've never experienced such heartache. Please know that we are all thinking of you and are here when you need to vent.

harrigan

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
Keeping you close in my thoughts Lucy.  You have had so much to deal with in such a short time and have probably been on autopilot just getting through the days.

I hope being back home will bring some comforts and you get chance to heal in all the ways you need.  Stay in touch and tell us how you're doing.  XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »
Lucy,
   Your loss has been so great, and I wish there were something to say to make it easier for you.  Know that you have our sympathy and prayers.   
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Chickpea

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 07:43:15 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lucy.  I hope you can take time back home to rest and recuperate, and to remember the good times with your sister and brother. 

You're in my thoughts - Chickpea

wordnerd

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
((((((Lucy)))))))

Keeping you in my thoughts always!

<3 Lauren

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
Hi Lucy

I hope you get a chance to rest up after all that you've been through. Obviously its going to be a tough year. I'm sure you'll never regret having been there to see your sister pass though.

Thoughts with yiou and your family.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

jaygee

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
I hear you, Lucy.

It's like when someone makes the biggest fuss, just because they broke a fingernail and spoiled their manicure.

There are far more important things.    ((((((lucy)))))   Thinking of you.   xx

lynnmarie219

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
((((((((lucy))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear the news of your sister.....please know that I am thinking of you and your family during these months of loss between your sister and brother. Remember the good times with each of them and take good care of yourself now for awhile!

Sending lots of gentle hugs to you my friend....we are here if you need us!

KYMOM

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 07:00:16 AM »
Lucy, I am sorry for the losses that you and your family have experienced.  I hope that you have the time to recharge.  Take care of yourself and your husband. Roxanne

Bernice

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
Lucy,
As mentioned before I too know the loss of dear love ones, I know that it takes time to heal. You are very correct in saying that watching a love one die is a far deeper pain than even the physical pain that can be experienced, it goes to the core or very soul of our beings. For me, although I knew I would heal in time there were times the pain almost worn me out. So I say this to you Lucy, IN TIME! But in the mean time please allow yourself to go through whatever stages of grieving YOU need to go through, trusting it will get better in time.

Peace & Be Blessed!
Bernice

Redetha1

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2009, 12:46:29 AM »
You and your family are in my prayers.  Hugs, Redetha

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »
((((Lucy)))),

I don't know how this thread passed me by - I just stumbled upon it today.  Lucy, you have my deepest sympathy on your recent losses.

I know from experience how difficult it is to have a loved one sick when you are many miles and states away from them.  I have traveled many miles between OH and IL in recent years.  I too know how tiring it is for the person who is sick to have so many people around them.  When my own sister was dying of breast cancer in Nov. 2001 she would ask that people NOT come to visit . . it tired her out and then she would feel like she HAD to carry on a conversation with them.  She needed all her energy to just breathe.

I too know from experience that the upcoming holidays will be a sad time for you.  All the "firsts" since your brother and sisters death.  Feel free to cancel festive activities if the day comes and you are just not up to it.  Allow yourself to grieve for your siblings.  This coming November it will be eight years since losing my sister.  I still miss her a lot.  Nobody can take away the memories you have of growing up with your siblings . . . cherish those memories (whether they be good/bad or a mixture). 

Take care of yourself Lucy.  Again, I'm so sorry for your recent losses.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
Hi Bucky and everyone-
I just happened to notice this thread was on the top, so I read Bucky's post.  Thank you for your support.  You are right about the sick person not wanting visitors.  My sister insisted she didn't want us there.  We went along with those wishes until we realized that she could use the help in caring for her.  She didn't want to 'bother' anyone.  My surviving sister and myself took turns going from MI to PA during the last few weeks. 

About the holidays, they will be sad for sure, but our Christmas is just us and a grown daughter.  My sister who lives here is now a snow bird and going to Fla in the winter time.  So Christmas is a quiet day not too much different from another.  Sometimes we'll have dinner and maybe take in a movie.  Perhaps go out to eat at a fabulous buffet and come home stuffed. 

We are going to another funeral on Tuesday.  My husbands bro-in-law passed away after suffering from Alzheimers for some time.  His sister has had a long time to care for him and this is a blessing he's finally resting in peace.  We will be making a trip to Fort Wayne for the funeral and back home again the same day.  Let's hope the funerals are on hold for awhile. Lucy