Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 12023 times)

Chickpea

Re: Need Support
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 03:37:50 AM »
Lucy - thank you so much for sharing this with us.  You've been in my thoughts and it's good to hear how you are feeling.

I was really moved by what you said about your sister and brother, that 'it seems fitting that their passing will be close'.  What a wonderful way to think about such a difficult time. 

You have so much strength and faith to draw on, and your Sjoggie family to hold you when you need us.

Thinking of you - Chickpea

harrigan

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
Lucy - so glad you were able to spend some time with your sister.  It is very, very hard to come away and not know what the next few weeks will bring.  You are very much in my thoughts as you gather yourself at home again.  XX Ailsa

Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Care

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
Lucy,

You will be in my prayers.  It is such a difficult time for you.  I lost my dad to cancer and the memories are still so vivid and some are very precious.  Like saying "I love you"  Never can say that too much.  My heart is with you.

Hugs too.............
Care

JenJen

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »
Lucy,

Sending peaceful and healing thoughts your way.  I am so glad hospice is involved with your sister.  My Mom passed away the end of May with brain cancer, and hospice was such a blessing.  They helped to make her passing go without struggle or pain.  Of course, there is always struggle and pain for the family--I still grieve for her every day.  But my rational mind tells me that she is in a better place and not suffering.

Jen

fluffiebunnie

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »
I am glad you spent some time with your sister.  I have been thinking of you and your family x

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »
Lucy,

I am just so late reading this, I'm not online alot anymore. I am so sorry for you and your family. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your sister. I feel bad for what you are all going through. The prospect of losing two family members so close together is staggering. I hope you know you and your family are in our prayers.

Please try to take care of yourself during this sad and stressful time. Rest when you can. Please keep us updated.

Hugs,
quiger
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

loulou

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:07 AM »
hi lucy

Good to read that you made it to see your sister - i prayfor you lucy and your family. i hope you can get rest and strength at this very hard time.

TAke care
loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
(((((((Lucy)))))))

I'm sorry that I'm coming in so late on this...but I want you to know that your sister, you, and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. Im also sorry to hear about your brother who you just lost so recently...it's must be so difficult to deal with all of this in such a short amount of time and I'm hoping you and your family find the strength within yourselves.......and please take good care of you during this sad and stressful period of time.

I'm also glad that you got to go visit with her...its important! Family and friends do all act so individually during times like this and unfortunately it can bring our the not so good in many.....but everyone grieves and deals with things differently I guess.....and we have to try to accept that...even if we don't fully agree or understand it.

Keeping you in my thoughts Lucy.....

eyeamdry

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Hello everyone-
Just got back home from PA for the second time and am trying to find some sort of sense of what just happened.  I'm reading through some of the posts I didn't see while I was gone and see people complaining of seemingly minor ailments like they are on death's door.  I'm usually not this blunt, but it really aggravated me to see some of the stuff people are whining about.  Yes, on this board.  I have done some whining myself on this board and probably others. 

Today (9-10-09) I attended my sister's funeral after having two days of wake.  After the funeral, hubby and I packed in the car and started the 400 mile trip home.  I wanted to stay over the night again, but after having been in PA watching my sister die and then attend all the services over the past week, I wanted to come home.  I also wanted to stay out there with my sister's family.  Tough call.  My sister succumed to colon cancer.  The process took one year.  She had 9 months of chemo and then the cancer was found in her liver.  I have never watched someone on their deathbed before.  I've had lots of close relatives die, but this was always a done deal and you find out afterward.  This drawn out thing is the pitts.  She suffered so much over the past year and never once complained.  She turned 73 on August 9th.  They put her in "hospice" two days before she died.  Yeah!  She had beaten cancer twice before, 18 and 20 years ago.  She was really a tough and brave person.  I'm glad she is no longer suffering.

We lost my brother just 3 months ago.  So there were 4 of us, now there are 2.  This is sort of an awakening of itself and might help out when people want to whine about minor things.   You basically have one choice and that is to manage and live with it.  The alternative isn't for me.  It's really bad to lose two siblings so quickly.  It happens all the time though.  Also, people lose multiple family members in accidents and house fires etc.  So we all need to keep in mind these things could be happening instead of our lips falling off, or our knee replacement needing "a revision" after 7 years (me).  After two 800 mile round unplanned trips in the past few weeks and living in a motel I dubbed the "Bates Motel" I am very sore!  Everyone was so nice listening about my family matters, I wanted to bring things up to date. 

Remember:  Don't sweat the small stuff.
                   Get a colonoscopy--probably more often than you think is necessary. 

Lucy

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
Dear Lucy, please accept my sympathies on your losses, and take the time to absorb all the love and support you will be offered here, and in your real life...I remember well from the time following my own sister's death 2 years ago, how much it meant to me to have my friends here.

It's probably because of my years of nurses training and practice, but I appreciated the chances I had, with my sister and before that with my parents, to be with them, care for them, and just sit beside them, as they suffered through their 3 to 9 month illnesses, with grace, dignity and apologies for being a burden...in my mind, the burden would have been being separated from them for that time, and I'm sure you will get past your shock and grief, and see the time you shared with your sister to have been a gift.

Now is the time to care for yourself, rest, recover and remember the good times.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

decemberdeb

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
don't know the situation or any involved...but ((HUGS)) to you, as you so don't need added stress.  Be strong and know that there are alot of folks pullilng for you right now

decemberdeb

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »
Lucy, I sense your anger is fully expected given your recent loss.  as I said in a previous post, ((HUGS)) to all involved.  I am new here, and actually felt that this was a good place to be able to "vent" about health issues.  I pray that I've not offended you by any of my most recent posts as a newbie.  May you find peace and comfort.

eyeamdry

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
Deb, this is absolutely a great place to vent and "whine."  We all do it, including me.  My remarks were not pointed at any one person.   ;D  .........But, by sharing all of our good and bad times, it helps to balance things out.  While I'm mending from recent deaths of two siblings, the ramblings of ours seemed pretty petty.  That's what this board is good for--venting, whining, and whatever we need.  Lucy ;D

decemberdeb

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
((HUGS))...can't say that enough.  Losses like this are certainly hard and you've had a double dose.  If I can be of assistance to lend my ear or my shoulder, feel free

Catilee

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »
Hi eyeamdry,
      Have asked people in our church to pray for your family. I have added you to my prayer list. 

God Bless you and your family.
Catilee