Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 12026 times)

jaygee

Re: Need Support
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »
Sending you a huge cyber-hug and thinking of you.   xx

Rebecca

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 07:18:48 PM »
That is really tough, Lucy.  I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Rebecca

harrigan

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 11:03:55 PM »
Try to rest a little Lucy before you make the trip.  You need to take care of yourself too.  Thinking of you XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

TerriJ

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »
Lucy,

I am so sorry to hear about this.  Try as best you can to take care of yourself.  My heart goes out to you, your sister and your family. 

Terri

loulou

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »
Lucy

So sorry to read of the loss of your brother - and now to have to deal with your sister being so poorly.

I pray for your brother, your sister and your family at this very worrying time. I hope you get to see your sister soon. You will need to take care of yourself to cope with the journey and strain of it all. I pray for the best.

God bless.

loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

Katybarstool

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
Lucy

I'm coming to your thread late, but hope that you are ok. Your sister and your family are in my prayers.

God bless.
Kathyx

Patze

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi Lucy,

I'm also sending you some giant

( ( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) )
Hang in there, okay?

Patze
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:02:07 PM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Helen

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 06:16:09 PM »
Lucy,

Sorry to hear about your sister.  I will keep you in my prayers and have a safe trip.

Helen

KYMOM

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
Lucy, You will be in my thoughts. Roxanne

Leisa

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Lucy, i'm so sorry to hear about your sisters illness. Please take care of yourself so that you can be strong for her! Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Bless you all. Leisa

eyeamdry

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »
Hi all,
We just got back from 4-5 days in PA.  Yesterday, they called one son who was not at the hospital and the minister to come to the hospital because my sister's breathing was so shallow and labored.  She has pneumonia.  They finally brought in Hospice and I don't know what took them so long.  My other sister and her husband are there and hovering.  My sister's sons and husband also.  I felt it was ok to leave for a few days or so as it was crowded in there sometimes and I needed to restock my many rheum/cancer/fibro meds. 

I have never watched a person die before.  I've always found out afterwards.  She is about 100 lbs with a very distended belly from the cancer beast in her colon.  She is still beautiful with a thick head of hair, which I'm jealous of.  Her skin is still lovely.  She just went through 9 months of chemo and was sick through it all.  She is eating at most maybe a baby food sized jar of food.  Pudding, ice cream and the like.  She just turned 73 and is our big sis, being 10 years older than the youngest. 

I'm not sure how long she has.  Not long.  We will talk to the folks in PA on a twice daily basis and go from there with our plans.  I wanted to update you allbecause this is the best of support systems.  It doesn't have family bickerings or witchiness.  Hard times like this bring out the worst in families unfortunately.  Losing our brother just 3 months ago seems just too much.  The sick sister and my brother were only 14 months apart in age.  Seems fitting their passing will be close also.  I have laundry and checking out on all our pills n. things.  Lucy

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »
Hi Lucy

A hard, hard time for you. I've never watched anyone die but I've been near people within a few days of death. There is a sort of beauty in their faces I can't describe. It's like peace seems to come first and the inevitable becomes acceptable.

Seems hardest for those left behind.

Thinking of you - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Bernice

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »
I was main caretaker for my father, was alone in room with him when he passed. Though sometimes I have mixed thoughts, I guess over all I am just so thankful to have been there for him. It was truly a spiritual awakening and I must say was the hardest thing I have EVER had to experience in my life! Have been at bedside of two others, one a cousin in law another a older longtime family friend. It's surely a life changing experience, that's for sure. Though my family did not experience any fighting at this time, I must say that everybody does seem to handle death in their own ways, for all of my family they found it hard to minister care, it was too unbearable for them to see him dying. Though all were doing their part whatever that part was, they were there doing the best they could. It was truly hard for me being the youngest and baby girl a daddy's girl, I found it unbearable to leave him for any period of time. So for us it worked out. Thank Goodness! I must say I suffered and grieved the longest and hardest because of what I experienced. Things I will never share with them, at least not in the near future.

I am just so happy that you got the chance to share with her, even as short as it was. At least you went!

Take Care and Hold On To ALL Your Cherished Memories You've Shared Together!
Bernice

skygirl

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 12:28:28 AM »
Sending in my prayers...
Keep the faith!
43 years old / dry eye / dry mouth /not yet confirmed  for sjoegrens / morphea which is scleroderma localized to skin only/ gallblader out/ Carafate, Prilosec, Cholestramine / Bile reflux. Desonide for Dermatitis Seb. on face.

Katybarstool

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 01:15:18 AM »
Lucy

I'm still thinking about you and remembering you in my prayers.

Kathyx