Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 12024 times)

eyeamdry

Need Support
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
Hi everyone-
I'm asking for your prayers for my sister and family.  My sister who lives in PA is battling colon cancer and I think she's losing the battle.  I live in Mich so it's hard to be so far away.  They say she is not well enough for more company.  Well, we are going out the day after tomorrow even if I have to stand on top of someone. 

She was discovered to have colon cancer last Oct and has been in and out of the hospital a dozen or more times this year.  It was found to be in her liver a few weeks ago.  They cannot seem to stabalize her and she cannot eat.  I also have a sister who lives here who is now down in PA with her.  I will be there soon also.  She is in 'rehab' which is double speak for nursing home.  They are trying to rehab her back home, but she can't eat so she is bedridden.

This is doubly hard because we lost our brother just 3 months ago unexpedly.  My brother and the sis with cancer were only 14 months apart in age.  It's unreal to have this happen twice in a short time.  Maybe with lots of prayers my sister can pull out of this and regain some strength so she can have more chemo or radiation.  Thanks, Lucy

BonusMom

Re: Need Support
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
I'm so sorry that your family has suffered so much and in such a short period of time.  I will keep you in my prayers as you travel to visit your sister and hope that she regains her appetite.

Bernice

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
Lucy,
Yes! If at all possible go be with your sister! I too am sorry you and your family are going through so much. I hope all turns out for the best for your family.

Peace & Be Blessed!
Bernice

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
Hey Lucy,,

So sorry your family has been thru so much . 

I will pray.

Blessings kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

harrigan

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
My thoughts are with you also Lucy.  What a worrying and heartbreaking time you have had.  Hope your sister picks up enough for the treatment and your visit does you both the world of good.  XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

fluffiebunnie

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 02:19:47 AM »
I am so sorry you and your family are going through this.. my thoughts are with you all x

Patze

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 03:06:46 AM »
Hi Lucy,

Oh my, oh yes, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

voiceteacher

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 04:52:07 AM »
lucy,

I'm so sorry for your troubles!!  Absolutely go be with her - my prayers are with you and your family.

Voiceteacher

Chickpea

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
Oh Lucy, I'm so sorry to hear about this.  I know you'll find the strength to cope, as you cope with so much in your life.  I'm just so sorry that you have to.

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Take care of your dear self - Chickpea

ohiolady

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 06:43:46 AM »
Lucy,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hate this disease and the heartbreak it brings to so many families. 

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

gsmraxe

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 06:51:27 AM »
Best wishes to you and your family.

roetta

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
Thinking of you and your family.

Roetta

lesmom

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »
The power of prayer can bring miracles.
God Bless you, your sister, and family.
Prayers for our Mericful God to lift you all up. Safe travels as you go to be with her.

Take care,
Leslie

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:27:53 AM »
(((((( Lucy )))))))

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your family. I'm sure seeing you will give your sister a boost. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

eyeamdry

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
Update-hi everyone.  I got more info from the folks with my sister with info I didn't know.  I didn't know just how dependent she had become.  I talked to her today and she begged me not to go down there.  It's because she has so much care going on now and "all those people" in her room. 

We may wait a few days and then I'm just going and not telling her.  We'll get a motel nearby and just stop in the facility to see when I can see her for a few minutes.  Oh, my this brings out all sorts of things, not always good.  I have a headache from all this and arguing with my other sister. 

thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for my sister and our family.  We need them.  Lucy