Author Topic: new aussie sjoggie  (Read 4457 times)

Wren

new aussie sjoggie
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:44 AM »
Hi everyone, I've just been looking round the boards.  It's so great to know that there's other people going through the same thing and we're not alone.  I was finally diagnosed in March this year but I've been getting sicker for the past 6-7yrs without a diagnosis, which as just so frustrating.  you start to think it's all in your mind.  I was wondering how long it took other people to be diagnosed?  most of the doctors I saw didn't even consider sjogrens because of my age (I was 16 when I started getting sick and I'm 23 now) but the immunologist I see now is really good.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi.  I'm sure you'll all be hearing much more from me soon - I've got a million and one questions and I don't know anyone with sjogrens.
Stay happy!
Wren

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: new aussie sjoggie
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »
Hi Wren, welcome to Sjogren's World.

Congratulations, you've gone from not knowing anyone with SjS, to knowing people all over the world with it! Ask as many questions as you need to, as our AlienDog says, we have millions of answers! One thing you'll find is that the answers may sound contradictory, but thats because SjS is a very individual disease, and what works for one may not for another, and the symptoms vary just as much as the treatments and responses!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
Hi Wren  :)

Welcome to Sjogren's world. You're not the first person who has taken a long time to get a diagnoses. It happens when you're older as well!
Certainly it's more unusual to get dxd young but you're certainly not the youngest person here, so you should be able to find people you really relate to. We seem to cover many age groups!

I hope you continue to find the site useful.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Bernice

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:53:57 PM »
Hi Wren,

Welcome to Sjogren World!
Though I am alway somewhat sorry to welcome someone else because I know that's one more with SJS, but I am glad that we are finding each other to help make living with SJS and all the other issues we all face less frightening and less lonesome. It certainly does help to know that others are available to answer questions that you may have from their personal experience.

I too was young when I first started having signs, but just a little older than you when I was first diagnosed. I must say I lived quite a few years without too much notice of it as many will also tell you. I raised my family and enjoyed most of my life without thought to illness. I hope the same for you and all others, especially the younger ones. I'm now 46 and still enjoy life, but now I do notice more flares lasting longer, but still not to the point of being too limited.

Wishing you the best!
Bernice

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
Hi Wren and welcome to Sjogrens World!

I'm glad that you found us too...feel free to read all you can/want to and ask your million and one questions...that what this place is about..sharing information and experiences as well as finding a lot support and friendship!

Welcome to the family!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
Hi Wren and welcome to Sjogrens World!

I'm glad that you found us too...feel free to read all you can/want to and ask your million and one questions...that what this place is about..sharing information and experiences as well as finding a lot support and friendship!

Welcome to the family!

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
Hi wren

Welcome and make yourself at home, join in , as we all share in our sjoggie journey together.

It is true we all have diverse issues and at different degrees of time and levels of intensity.

I am 53, well in one month I will be 54, so lets just say 54. Was DX March of 07 and it only took about 4 months to receive my DX. It came about in the form of swollen parotid glands.

I really have not had to much trouble with my parotids since then, although I now have encountered the dry eyes and mouth. Over all I am slow with my progression with minimal muscle or joint pain. Bouts of fatigue and brain fog with the fatigue, I think those two hold hands.  :)

I say all this so that newbies understand to not always think the worst.  I did think the worst in my early processing, and it just stressed my issues worse.

There are others your age here also.  :)

Ask many question and search out all the information you can gather.  :)  Join in and share your journey with your sjoggie family here.

blessings kimbo

Keep your own personal Journal  and records of lab test, dates and treatments, ect. to help your Dr. and give him the awareness you are your own advocate and are taking responsibility to staying alert and aware with him.

Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

wordnerd

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »
Hey wren,

I am also in my 20s.  25 to be exact.  I'd love to chat with you sometime about being in our 20s with Sjogren's if you are interested.  All my screennames are on my profile page.  Or feel free to send me a PM.

Welcome!

<3 Lauren

Helen

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 04:52:12 AM »
welcome wren,

I too am a newbie to the sjogrens world, less than  a month.  However, I have found that there are some wonderful, fun loving and supportive people here that will make you laugh when you want to cry and comfort you when you are hurting.  As I read some of the posts, I realize that I am okay compaired to some who are suffering badly.  SJS is different for each one of us.  So please read the board often and find confort in knowing that someone really does understand how you are feeling.

Helen

Patze

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
Hi Wren,

Let me also welcome you to the SJS World!  I'm glad that you've found us as we are one of the friendliest boards you'll find! 

I'm so glad that you've finally been diagnosed as I know that must have a serious pain in the nether regions! 

Look around, and like the others have said, ask, ask, ask away! :D

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen