Author Topic: UPDATED: Kidney infection!  (Read 14378 times)

Chickpea

Re: UPDATED: Kidney infection!
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »
Great to hear that you're back at home and things are settling a little. 

Puppy love is definitely the best kind of loving!

Thinking of you - Chickpea

jaygee

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 12:35:43 PM »
Glad you are home, and the puppy sounds great - I think pets are great therapy (I have 3 dogs and 2 horses) - can we see a pic  ???    xx

wordnerd

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »
Yes you can see pics of Bailey HERE.  Isn't he adorable?  ;D

yodeb

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 01:06:40 PM »
YES!  Bailey is adorable!
I hope you are having a good day,

~deb

jaygee

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Oh, he's lovely - just gorgeous!   ;D   xx

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 04:45:12 PM »
Bailey is one cute puppy! My daughter has a hamster called Bailey. He's cute too - but not as cuddly!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Glad to hear that you are home Lauren with your very cute puppy Bailey!

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

genko_b

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »
What a sweet little guy. Dogs are so fine.

Genko

ktfabian

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Lauren-

I'm jumping into this Wayyyy late. I'm glad you're home now.  I had a PICC line for antibiotics for MRSA a few years ago.  I loved the little antibiotic balls that I just screwed right into the port and away i went.  I could put the little ball in my pocket and wander around the house while getting my IV meds.

I was concerned when I saw your post about your Mom loosing her COBRA benefits because the company had been bought out.  I've done alot of writing for business journals and have done some work with COBRA, and I think that's just wrong.  I don't think they can cut off your access to the group rate health insurance unless you stop paying. I suspect they may have been trying to dump someone that they saw as a big draw on their insurance dollars, which is just tough luck for them.  Also, did you know that for 9 months after loosing her job, dating back to Sept of '08, you only have to pay 35% of the total cost for your COBRA benefits, the government picks up the rest by giving the company a break on the employee taxes.  I would call an attorney who does worker's comp or social security work and see what they know about it. This just sounds so absolutley wrong to me.

I hope you begin to heal now that you're home to cuddle with Bailey.  I know I always feel better when I get home from the hospital and have my cats all around taking care of me.

Take care and continue to feel better, Tracy

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
Hey word,

Bailey is adorable. What kind of dog is he. He looks like such a lover dog. Great medicine!  :)

Glad your home.

blessings kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

wordnerd

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind comments about Bailey!  He is a Lhasa Poodle mix btw.

Tracy - My mom even called the insurance bureau about the Cobra thing and apparently when the company gets totally bought out its the same as the company going under and there is no way to keep your COBRA.  The person there researched it and assured my mom that it was totally legal for our COBRA to be discontinued as much as it sucks.  I actually just met someone else who had the same thing happen to them.

I am going on my Dad's insurance now as a disabled dependent, so I should have retroactively uninterrupted insurance again soon.  I have been having problems affording to get my prescriptions filled in the meantime.  Also thanks to Aliendog I realized that I will have been on SSI long enough to qualify to get on Medicare starting in September!  YAY!

I have been doing better little by little and even left the house for a little while yesterday and today.  I probably over did it though because I'm an totally warn out now.  Oh well.  I had fun :D

<3 Lauren

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
Lauren, I think your Mom should contact her congressman. I think that maybe a regular insurance policy could be discontinued if company bought out and all employees were let go. However, your mom was on Cobra before the sell out and I would think she is entitled to continue this to the end. Good luck.

Does your state have an insurance pool? Minnesota has an insurance pool where all people who are uninsurable can go get health insurance. The premium is a little higher but at least we are not left high and dry. Every year the state lets out bids for insurance companies to bid on the pool or comprehenisve as they call it. For years BCBS had it and then several years ago Medica got the bid. I had to have this for quite a few years as hubby was on disability and medicare and I was uninsurable. Cost me an arm and a leg. That is why we never went anyplace and didn't buy many new clothes!!!!!Irish ;D

BonusMom

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 06:54:30 AM »
Lauren-
Does your doctor ever order a urine culture for you?  When I've had UTI's, my doctor would start me on an antibiotic and Pyridium and have the urine sent out for a culture to make sure the antibiotic precribed would kill the bacteria. If the culture indicates that the particular strain is not rewactive, the antiobiotic is immediately changed.

Just a thought.