Author Topic: UPDATED: Kidney infection!  (Read 14376 times)

harrigan

Re: UPDATED: Kidney infection!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Lauren, I'm a bit late in catching up on news but I really hope you are getting better by now. I don't know what to say to make you feel better except that I know there are times in all our lives when we feel we have reached the end of what we can bear, and then find out we haven't and that we get a strength from somewhere to cling on.  That's what I'm hoping for for you too.

We may be hundreds of miles away and never have met up but I consider everyone on here a real friend and I care about how you feel.  Post when you can but till then, know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you well XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

wordnerd

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
So I'm back off the antibiotics because they aren't sure I even still have an infection.  They aren't sure what's wrong at this point and why I'm still having so much pain.  The doctors are hoping that taking me off the antibiotics will allow them to see what's going on without masking anything.  So at least a few more days of observation for me.

It's so frustrating to be stuck her without even knowing what's wrong!

I had a ultrasound today to see if I have any obstruction or abscesses in the kidneys.  I haven't heard the results back form that yet.  I am just in so much pain right now.  :( :( :(

Thanks for all the ongoing support!  It means so much to come here and read your comments and know someone is thinking of me!

<3 Lauren

jaygee

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
Hope you get some answers soon - hang in there!   xx

HL in NY

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 07:08:47 AM »
Hey Lauren,

How are you holding up, sweetie? Have you had any results from the ultrasound? I hope they're keeping you on your pain meds since they took you off the Antiboditcs.

I'm so sorry to hear the Rituxan hasn't helped you. I had it around the same time (beginning of June) and it really did make a difference. I'm hoping that while you're in the hospital, the doctors will find some stuff they can fix.

(It's kinda funny the stuff you hope for when you have a condition like this)

You're in my thoughts and I hope you're feeling better.

Heather

genko_b

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
Let us know how you are doing in there.

Genko

wordnerd

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:48 PM »
Today was horrible.  My autoimmune pancreatitis seems to be flaring up now.  The infection seems to be improving finally though.  But now I'm having horrible pain from the pancreatitis!

On top of which Pain Management FINALLY decided to grace me with their presence after a week and discontinued almost all my pain meds today!  So I've spent all day in extra pain and without enough pain meds.  My regular doctor finally put them back so hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.  (My idiotic nurse woke me up every hour last night for no good reason... like doing a bladder scan at midnight when I hadn't even peed recently!)

I did finally get a PICC line put in today also, so I'll be able to continue getting IV antibiotics at home.  Hopefully I'll be actually GOING home soon, but the doctor keeps saying a few more days every day practically.

I've spent almost a total of 2 weeks in the hospital now.  I can't believe it!

I've been blogging about my experiences if you are interested: http://novelpatient.com

Thanks everyone for your continued support!

<3 Lauren

Bernice

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
HANG IN THERE, HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE HOME SOON!
Bernice

lynnmarie219

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »
Hey Lauren,

So sorry to hear that your few day hospitalization has turned into 2 weeks! Yikes!

I hope you get some answers soon and get to go home....people always seem to do better at home in your own bed...in your own surroundings....everything familiar!

Hang in there.....we're here for you!

wordnerd

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
Good news!!!!  I'm going home tonight!!!!  I'm going to be getting 10 days of IV antibiotics still at home, but at least I'll be HOME!!!  I'm really happy to be getting out of here!!!

Thank you everyone for all the support!  I'll let you know how I'm doing as soon as I can!

<3 Lauren

Bernice

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »
GREAT!!!

Bernice

Chickpea

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 11:10:27 AM »
Hi Lauren

I hope you had a good night's sleep back at home.  It must be wonderful to be there.

Been thinking of you - Chickpea

yodeb

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
Lauren,

Great News!!

~deb

lynnmarie219

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »
I'm late on this one...but here is my Wooooo Hooooooo! For you!

Great news Lauren!

wordnerd

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 04:37:18 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing well at home.  The pancreatitis seems to be calming down with the all liquid diet I've been on.  Also the IV antibiotics are super easy to administer at home.  Each one has its own mini pump inside the IV bag which means I don't even need an IV poll.

It's been really good to be home and be in my own bed.  I also its really nice to cuddle with my puppy!  That's the best medicine.   ;D

<3 Lauren

genko_b

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
Puppies are definitely the best medicine. So glad to hear you are home again and on the mend.

Genko