Author Topic: UPDATED: Kidney infection!  (Read 14375 times)

lynnmarie219

Re: Please don't let it be a kidney infection!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 05:00:38 AM »
Lauren,

So sorry to hear that you have to go in the hospital again...but hopefully it will be the 3 days they say and you will feel better and get back out of there ASAP!

Sending lots of good thoughts your way....let us know how you are feeling when you are able!

Chickpea

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
Lauren sweetie - so sorry to hear that you're back in hospital.  It was great chatting with you last night.  I hope our suggestions for a goody bag for hospital made you smile.  As well as some of the more odd aspects of our conversation!  Wednesday night women are a wild lot!

Sending you lots of love and cuddles - Chickpea

wordnerd

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:33:24 PM »
Well I'm home after nearly a week in the hospital!  And 7 IVs.  I just can't get my IVs to keep!  Also had an anaphalatic reaction to the heparin injections they were giving me which added an extra day on my stay.  Still on oral antibiotics for another week.

Unfortunately my pain is worse again tonight and I had a low grade fever (99.4) again this afternoon.  Kinda worried that if I'm not better tomorrow I'll be headed back to the hospital.  I figure I'll see how I feel in the morning and then give the doc a call.

Not a happy camper.   I REALLY don't want to go back.  :(

-Lauren

wordnerd

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 10:13:53 PM »
So I'm having more pain again today.  My doctor thinks I should probably be back in the hospital if it doesn't improve or gets worse.  I 'm going to see him tomorrow at 1:30 but I REALLY don't want to go back in the hospital.  I am really really upset.  And I'm just in so much pain.  I don't know what to do.  Also while I'm in the hospital I loose all my home care hours which means I can't pay my caregiver and my mom doesn't get paid for her portion for caring for me which is our only income right now.

In addition part way through my stay in the hospital we lost our primary insurance because the company my mom got laid off from got bought out and so we can no longer have cobra.  I still have Medi-Cal but... well no doctors including mine accept it because they pay so little.

I'm serriously stressed out and that's not helping.  I'm also on extra prednisone from the allergic reaction to Heparin I had in the hospital which I'm sure isn't helping the infection.

I'm sooooo tired of this.

I am also mad that the infectious disease doc only kept me on the stronger of the two IV antibiotics for 1.5 days and then took me off.  I'm sure that if I would have stayed on that one I would be better by now.   >:(  If I do go back in they better put me back on that one because otherwise there's no point of me being there at all again.  Sigh.

It's just been one thing after another since the Rituxan infusions.  They don't seem to be helping yet btw.

It feels like I never get a break sometimes.

<3 Lauren

genko_b

Re: UPDATED: Kidney infection!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
Hi Lauren:

Sorry to hear about the infection hanging on, and really sorry to hear about the insurance lapse. That doesn't seem right that the new owners can cancel the COBRA coverage - there must be some way to fight that. It seems like you can't win for losing.

Genko

jaygee

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
Lauren, you are having such a horrid time.  I don't know that I can do anything to help, but know I hope you are feeling better soon ((((((lauren)))))   xx

missyb

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:46 PM »
ugh, this is ridiculous, are they sure you only have an infection?  ???

wordnerd

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
Back in the ER and most likely will be admitted again. The doctor was wondering if I might have an abcess. :(

I'll keep you posted.

yodeb

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
Lauren,

I am thinking about you and hoping this pain will end for you soon.  I hope they can get to the cause of all of this.

~deb

Bernice

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
There is a reason for so many kidney infections, WHY is the right question!!!!! If this diagnosis is not right, then what??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
If the underlying problem is not resolved the infections will continue! I am witness, I spent years with bladder & kidney infection, mine turned out to be I was born with too small an bladder opening, though I doubt this to be your problem, SOMETHING is! Just don't let them fill you with med. without answers.

Bernice

wordnerd

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »
So got admitted and up into a room in under 3 hours.  That has to be a record time!

Got another dose of the stronger IV antibiotics too.  Right now I'm in sooo much pain and waiting for my doctor to call in my admitting orders so I can get pain meds and find out if I can eat and etc.

The ER doc also brought up the possibility that I might have a kidney abscess from the infection which could possibly mean surgery if I do.  I REALLY hope that isn't the case.  I have a fever again too.

The reason I get so many kidney infections is I have brain inflammation which causes autonomic dysfunction in my bladder which causes urinary retention.  I don't even feel UTIs till they are in my kidney's because of the nerve issues.  I got a bladder stimulator put in which has really helped cut down on the infections until now.  Also I'm severely immunosupsressed between the Prednisone and Rituxan which makes me prone to infection.  I also have an IgA deficiency which also increases my risk of infection.

So yeah.  I'm trying not to be totally bummed out.  I just had a Prednisone induced episode of meltdown last night and just cried for 1.5 hours about everything going on.  I'm usually a very positive person but the dose of prednisone I'm on messes with my mood big time.  I hate feeling this way.  So depressed.  And frankly kinda scared.

:(

<3 Lauren

Bernice

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
Word,

I am so very sorry to know that you are going through all of this! I know all of it can really get you down sometimes. Nobody is ALWAYS up emotionally, so allow yourself this time to cry and be sad, but after that PULL IT TOGETHER SOLDIER!  ;D ;D

I've read your past posts and know that you go through a lot, BUT I also sense STRENGTH in you. SO FIGHT ON!

Keep us informed.

Bernice

genko_b

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »
Hang in there, honey. We are rooting for you.

Genko

Chickpea

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »
Hi Lauren

How are you doing today?  It's not surprising that you had a good long cry the other night.  You're coping with so much at the moment and doing so well.

Thinking of you and sending lots of love - Chickpea

missyb

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
also wondering about you and hoping there has been some good news..