Author Topic: CAN WE DONATE BLOOD??  (Read 20810 times)

kim31072

Re: CAN WE DONATE BLOOD??
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 05:37:57 AM »
Medic and Red cross do not disqualify you because of AI illnesses because of the rigorous cleaning and inspection the blood goes through.They do disqualify based on meds you take...they have a list if anyone is interested in donating.

You may also donate you organs.I called and asked after I was diagnosed with SLE as I have been listed as an organ donor since I received my license.I was told the organs would be inspected at time of collection and based on the doctor evaluation then any that were viable including skin,eyes,etc would be taken and used even if they felt they would only hold the recepient for a 6 month to a year period until a more suitable organ found.If it was a matter of using an organ that would save a life that wasnt perfect/coming from AI issue vs patient dying  they would use it then replace if they felt it was needed or not performing as it was the lesser of the evils in the case.I guess I would feel that way too if I were the person waiting.

CK

Re: CAN WE DONATE BLOOD??
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »
I do not know for soujourns but for lyme we are not suppose to donate blood -- they used to let you but they changed it recently.