Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 6565 times)

salsen

Prayers
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
Please keep in your prayers my young nephews playmate.  He is about five years old and was diagnosed with advance Leukemia last week-end.  He was immediately sent to St. Jude for treatment and was to begin major chemo therapy immediately.  Both he and his family can sure use prayers going their way. 

Thank you.

barc

Re: Prayers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:02:48 AM »
Leukemia is an awful disease no matter what the age. What is
little fellow's first name? I will certainly keep him in my prayers.
St. Jude's is a great hospital, he'll get the best care.  Hugs, Kathy

Patze

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:46:30 AM »
Absolutely salsen!  It's such an awful disease to begin with and when it hits the very young, it's that much worse.  And I too agree with Kathy, St. Jude's is an excellent hospital.

Patze
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:40:39 AM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Katybarstool

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:23:36 AM »
Salsen

Your little  frined and his family are in my prayers.

Kathyx

jpd54

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »
Salsen,

I live only about 60 miles from St. Jude's in Memphis.  It is EXCELLENT!!   My daughter did volunteer work there one summer.  I have even had a niece by marriage there for treatment.  He will be in great hands and will receive prayers from all over, including mine.   I am always hearing of new breakthroughs at St. Jude's. 

Hugs and prayers,

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »
Salsen,

I can only imagine how traumatic a situation this little boy is experiencing. . . going from being a typical 5-yr. old boy playing with trucks, jumping, running, catching bugs to find himself in a hospital with all the doctors, nurses and machines, iv's, medicines, etc.    I agree, St. Jude's is an awesome hospital for children.  He will not be alone there - lots of other kids battling Leukemia.

Keeping them all in prayer along with your nephew who has got to be scared too, wondering what is happening with this friend.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Poochie

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »
Aww geez, this little one should be getting ready to start school, not chemo.  God Bless him and his family.

I will surely keep him in my prayers. 

Hugs, Pooh

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
Little kids should not have to suffer!!! I will keep him in my prayers. We are so lucky to have St. Judes to treat this nations kids. Irish ;D

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »
Prayers for this little one and his family, and thanks for St. Jude's and their wonderful Drs.

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

lynnmarie219

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
I'm a little late in my reply....but never too late to send out more prayers for this little boy as well as for his family and friends!

Bernice

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »
PRAYERS   HUGS   KISSES  :-*    TO THE LITTLE FELLOW & FAMILY!!

I HATE HEARING OF ANYBODY, BUT ESPECIALLY CHILDREN SUFFERING!

MAKES ME VERY SAD FOR THEM!   :( :( :(  ,

Peace & Be Blessed
Bernice

Leisa

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
My prayers are with this family and child! May God bless them all!

salsen

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 09:32:52 PM »
His first name is Carson.  At the beginning of the week they started him on the hardest hitting chemo because it is so advanced.  As usual children see things in a different way.  He was told he would lose his hair and was asked did he want to go ahead and shave it all off.   With a young child's reasoning he said no he would prefer a mohawk since that is what he has always wanted.  He has his new cut and is happy with it. 

Children make us smile even in the most serious of times.

Katybarstool

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 05:06:38 AM »
Salsen

Bless his little heart! Children are just so accepting and innocent, aren't they.

Hugs
Kathyx

fluffiebunnie

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »
Children should not be allowed to get ill  :'(  I wish him all my love x