Author Topic: When it rains it pours!  (Read 3315 times)

salsen

When it rains it pours!
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »
Well finally we got our first hard rain in over a month on Monday.  Good news you would think.  Nah.  Along with it came a huge brown spot on my bathroom ceiling which by Tuesday had doubled in size.  A roofer came out today and said he wasn't quite sure what is causing the problem because the roof is four years old and doesn't really have any major issues.  So then we are thinking it maybe a broken pipe in the ceiling, so my husband punches a pen hole in the ceiling.  Water comes dripping out.  AHA  We found the problem.  Off  goes the water for five hours and the dripping finally stops.  We turn the water back on so that I can clean the kitchen, flush toilets and take a shower.  After all that we expected to see the drip start up again.  NOT.  So we are back to square one.  My hubby is climbing up in the attic early in the morning to see if he can play detective on the great water caper.  Wish us luck!

lynnmarie219

Re: When it rains it pours!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:20 AM »
Sounds strange....but good luck! Oh....the joys of owning a home!  ;)

Patze

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:23:26 AM »
Wow salsen, that is wild!  I sure hope that hubby finds that leak soon, so the damage is only minimal.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

salsen

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:15:05 PM »
OH JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!  The leak has been found.  It was a leaking joint fixture in the far end of the attic ( of course) that supplies our lavatory and commode.  After much verbal abuse to the pipe my husband got it fixed and came out of the attic beet red and worn out. Since our outside temps by eight in the morning are hitting the mid-eighties, you can imagine what the attic is like. 

Now we will give it a couple of weeks to dry out really good and see what it will take to fix the ugly stain.  KILTZ to the rescue!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »
Salsen,

As the saying goes . . . "be careful what you wish for!!".   LOL

Glad you got some rain outside after such a long dry spell (will gladly send you some from IL . . we've had a lot this spring/summer).  Uh oh, not so good to have a drippy ceiling though.  Glad your husband found and fixed the culprit in the attic.  Keeping fingers crossed that everything is "good to go".   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)