Author Topic: Love garage sales  (Read 8903 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Love garage sales
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »
Pisces24 - good deal on your curtain find.  Yay!  I've been looking for a pair of yellow panels - can't find them.  :(  If I was handy with a sewing machine, I could make them, but I'm not.  :(  I see a lot of bread machines in sales.  I've thought about getting one (actually, my Mom had one she just HAD to have, used it once!) - but figured I'd be eating too much bread.  Enjoy yours!!  Nothing smells better than fresh, homemade bread.  :)

Awww Pooh . . . sorry to hear you won't be participating in the neighborhood sale.  :(    They had the sale today??  I thought it was AFTER the 4th?  Wish I lived near you, I would be happy to hold it for you.   ;D  What does the doc say about your vertigo? 

For your collection of bears, I would go the E-bay route, or take a classified ad out in the newspaper.  Not sure you would very much for them at a garage sale.

Today would NOT be a good day for a sale - it has rained ALL day.  :(

I just finished up a 3-day sale yesterday.  We had 80 cars in and out of our driveway (I keep track of the cars on an index card so I know when the "busy" time of day is . . it's 10-12.  ;D).  We made just over $400, so we were pleased.   :D  Now to dismantle everything . . ugh. 

Our three kittens were adopted during the sale.   ;D  I feel sorry for their mother, Spooky, she's been calling them and looking for them.  :(

My son and I might be going to WI one day this coming week, we might just check out sales along the way.   ;D

Continue the hunt . . . share your finds.   ;D
Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Poochie

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »
Yes, Bucky we had a couple people on the road who couldn't be here next weekend, so we all decided to go for this weekend.  As it turned out everyone had a great time and made quite a bit of money, me included.  My neighbor handed me $100.00 for the couple of big items we set over on her property.  Washer and Dryer almost new, a rocker and small plant stand.  I handed $25 back to her for taking care of it for me. 

The washer and dryer we replaced with a front loader and stacked dryer in the garage.  I just can't do the basement stairs anymore and the front loader doesn't use as much water as the top loader.  Being in the country, we try to conserve water and our septic systems.

I have tried to sell the bears on E-Bay and local paper ads, but I live almost at the back door of Boyd's Bears Barn in Gettysburg.  I think everyone in PA has bears now.   ;D  They are wonderful pets.  They don't eat, need bathing or cleaning up after.  :D I just have to many and I'm starting to give as gifts to friends.  Only if I know they will have good homes. 

My daughter and I are going to have our own yard sale in September, so I'll just keep the boxes stacked in the basement until then.

salsen

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
My daughter and I are having one tomorrow.  Where did all this stuff come from and I can't believe how much was crammed and hidden away!  Now my daughter has brought a load over this morning and my living room is covered with stuff.  I'm off to my sister's to borrow another folding table.  We are low balling everything so it can all disappear.  I am not even going to mention the things we are tossing because I refuse to put really worn out stuff out. 

When did I become such a pack rat.  Must be when the energy started to slip.  Maybe after tomorrow I can find my floor again.
LOL!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
Pooh, Glad you were able to make some money in the sale.  :)    I have one of those front loading washers too . . . I love mine!!    ;D

Salsen - good luck with your sale tomorrow.  I still haven't taken all my stuff down from my sale of last week . . . can I bring my stuff over too???  LOL  What you could do with the really worn out stuff is put them in a bag and put "FREE - RAGS" on them . . who knows, maybe someone can find a use for them in their garage, drying their car, etc.

It's amazing how quickly things can accumulate in our homes.  I know for myself, we have more "stuff" than we need.   :o

On the way home tonight I noticed a sale at a house that I went to several years ago where I got these leather ankle boots (new) for 50c!!!  I'm heading to this sale first thing in the morning!!!  I have worn and worn those boots, so much so, that the soles are cracked and it would cost too much to have them resoled.   :'(  I'm going to take the boots with me and ask them where they got them from.  (They have horses, and I figure this was something they used for horse shows.)  Maybe, just maybe, they'll have some more boots for me.   ;D

If you all are hitting the garage sale trail this weekend or having a sale of your own . . . GOOD LUCK!!! 

If Lucy can be the popsicle queen, I get to be the garage sale queen  ;D   ;D
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
Bucky, I here by crown you though I am not authorized too........ ;D

Second hand, great authority and guru of all junk and Garage sale.... Queen.

QUEEN BUCKEY of garage sale kingdom

Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog