Author Topic: How do you describe "our type of fatigue" ?  (Read 45050 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: How do you describe "our type of fatigue" ?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 08:53:01 PM »
Lynnmarie,

Funny you should post this topic . . . I was going to post something about it today too!!   ;D

Not to steal your thread . . but, I was wondering what people do when they are hit with the "I can't stay awake a second longer" fatigue when they are away from home.  ????

~~~~yawn~~~~~~
Bucky   ;)

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

deina

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44:16 AM »
This is accurate, Lynnmarie: "If I don't hang on to this shopping cart, I'm going to land on my face kind of tired" ;) ;)

I usually feel like this when fatigue comes, all I can think about is to lie down - somewhere, anywhere where it's flat, right down on the floor in the supermarket or in the middle of a street...

Babs659

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:16:20 AM »
I feel as if half the blood has been drained from my body and I'm trying to move through wet cement.  My head feels as if it's in a vacuum and I feel like I'm feverish and coming down with the flu.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 04:42:17 AM »
Bucky,

If I am able to go home asap, I do.....like if I am in a store or something! If I cant go home because I'm at work or somewhere in the middle of something....I keep pushing (which I know isn't good)...but sometimes if I can just sit down for a few minutes and rest I can go on for a little longer.

I also take medication because of the overwhelming fatigue. I have taken  provigil for a quite a while now and it is my lifesaver as far as being able to continue to work full time.  :)

ruby52

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
Everyone's description describes my fatigue but what's more in my case is that I find myself shutting down mentally as well.I stop engaging,I stop caring and I usually don't have to say anything because it must be written all over my face because whoever I'm with will say they need to get me home or can you make it to the car and I'll be right there.I may not even take a nap when I get home but I need to rest and recharge.

galaxygirl

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 06:32:10 AM »
Wow , its so long since I have been on this site. I was feeling pretty good with the hydroxychlorquine, water aerobics that I felt like I had this thing whipped. WRONG I guess you never have it whipped.
I thought I was never going to get enough water. Working in the yard and the heat of Florida, make a long story short, I was feeling fatigue for a week and that day did me in, chills but my body was hot, and I went to bed thinking I was going to die and never wake up. Sad thing is as bad as I felt I didn't care if I did die and never woke up. Today is better, going to stay out of the heat and take it easy. Hips hurt, knees hurt, and I may go see my rheumy doc. I have a slight rash on chest, guess its heat rash... any commnets for you guys would be appreciated :'(

beverly jane

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
I just want to thank everyone for this forum and for the conversations I have read for the last month. Can you believe I laughed reading some of this conversation on fatigue, because Im relieved that Im not the only one that feels like this. when I have had a really hard day at work ( wanting nothing more then to just lay on the floor and sleep ) I come home and read this site. It really helps. ty again. Ps I was diagnosed 4 motnh ago and the only info I have gotton is on this site.

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 08:18:58 AM »
Hi Beverly Jane, welcome to Sjogren's World.

A laugh is probably the best medicine you can get (Readers Digest has it right), even if it's a laugh of relief in finding that we aren't alone in our symptoms, feelings, or experiences!

I'm glad you've been able to get some info here.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
Hi Beverly Jane  :)

Welcome to Sjogren's world!

We have quite a lot of laughs in here believe it or not. Keeping a sense of humour gets us through a lot.  :)

I tend to agree with the walking through treacle analogy - and in my case - thinking through it as well.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Victoria05202000

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 10:00:35 AM »
If I painted a self -potrait...it would look like one of the Salvador Dali paintings.  The ones that look like they are melting. My body feels like that mentally and physically!

TerriJ

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
Lynn,

I also take Provigil.  I've been taking it for a couple of months now and it has improved my quality of life quite a bit.  I still get fatigued, but not like I had been.  It has also helped with my cognitive disfunction.  I only take 1/8 of a 200 mg. pill, so only 25 mg., but it is just right.  If I take more I don't feel well.  One doctor said to me that eventually I would find the combination of drugs, exercise, etc. that would work for me.  Provigil and a 75 mg of Tramadol have so far helped immensely.  I'm working on the other things and it is slowly getting more manageable.

Terri

bob212

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
For me the fatigue is kind of like jet-lag; not a "worked hard all day and now I'm tired" fatigue but an "I pulled an all-nighter-and-am-overtired" fatigue; some days I am feeling great; then almost in a matter of moments it comes in a wave; and there's a pesky headache that comes with it, one that doesn;t go away with aspirin or ibuprophen.

One thing I find that helps is meditation or just closing my eyes and sitting for 10-15 minutes.

navydad

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »
since summer has hit us,, I am so fatigued all the time,, a 80 degree day wipes me out,, and this one from someone who loved the heat, between the pain of neuropathy,, facial numbness, dry lips,, actually burning lips,, hip and leg pain,, oh you get the idea, I;m just tired all the time,,

fluffiebunnie

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »
I am glad its not me just being lazy... whenever I admit to falling asleep in the afternoon after work, or laying on the sofa, my friends say I am so lazy.. they say I should exercise and I would feel better.... I struggle to walk the stairs to my bed some nights, so wonder how I can then exercise...

My legs feel like they are full of acid when I move them.. it washes over me in waves.. I tend to shut down mentally too (so many times my kids have asked me if I am in a bad mood with them because I am giving one word answers)... I try to keep going for the kids as I am all they have at home, but its a struggle. 

~From when I am in from work, I am counting the minutes until I can crawl into my bed.

navydad

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »
I too think about the time it is till I can crawl into bed,, but then I think about,, ,,, well its going to be more of the same tomorrow,, hate to be so down,, but I cannot get these doctors to connect the dots