Author Topic: 30th weddding aniversery pic  (Read 9486 times)

salsen

Re: 30th weddding aniversery pic
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Congratulations!  I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a very great anniversary day.  My hubby and I are just a little ahead of ya'll.  We will be married for 38 years on the 26th of this month.  Hard to believe -- where have all these years gone.  We are kind of batting around the idea of making a short trip to Ak. to visit his brother but more into the fall when the weather is just a little cooler. 

Take plenty of pics.  We are hoping to see the two of you on the deck have a good old time!!

Chickpea

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »
Hi Kimbo

That's a lovely picture.  Thanks for sharing it with us. 

You're a few weeks ahead of us - 30 years on July 15th.  Where did you get married? 

We got married in the Fellows' Garden in Queens' College, Cambridge.  Nowadays anyone can get married almost anywhere in the UK but in those days only Jews and Quakers were allowed weddings outdoors or in unusual places.  I've no idea why!  So we had the first ever Jewish wedding in a Cambridge college garden.  It was very informal with lots of friends gathered round.  The chuppah (wedding canopy) was held by two old friends who had held the canopy at my parents-in-law's wedding 30 years before, and two of my sisters.

I can't believe it's 30 years and I'm sure you can't either.  Where did those years go?

Have a wonderful celebration and enjoy the Alaskan cruise.

Take care - Chickpea

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:43:06 AM »
Congratulations to Kimbo and Mr Kimbo! Sorry I'm late coming in on this thread. The picture is lovely, you both must have been children when you married! you look so young now (and no, that's not the same as saying "but you look so good!)

Chickpea, your wedding sounds delightful, I love the tradition involved in any wedding, but I am also a fan of innovation; you managed both by having old family firends support your chuppah, and by being wed outside, in what I'm sure is a fantastic garden!

35 years coming up in September for me and mine ;) Nothing special planned as yet, but time will tell. My nod to innovation was wearing a hat rather than a veil, and having tiny blue flowers worked into my dress! My mother and grandmothers were horrified, but afterwards decided it suited me and the informal occasion better after all.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

robino5454

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 05:09:00 AM »

Kim, that is a great photo of you and your sweetie. I have done the Alaska cruise with Celebrity Cruise lines, and it was an amazing experience. If you are departing from Vancouver, allow couple of days to see that beautiful city. Take sunblock and clothing in layers, lol. You are going to add to your wonderful memories of 30 happy years. Congratulations!  ;D

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
Yeah, Robino, 
I have heard about layering and come prepared for anything.

We are leaving from Seattle and coming back to Seattle. Although, when we get back we are going to rent a car and go over to Vancouver. My husband has an uncle there, we will visit a few days. He has a Morgan horse ranch there.  He is 90 years old and still raises Morgan horses. He use to be a bush pilot and took people on hunting trips in Canada. A bachelor all his life. I find that so interesting. On the phone the other evening He said , he had about 40 horses. 90 YEARS OLD  :D WOW

I keep watching weather reports in Alaska. What is really going to be funny is the fact that the sun sets at 10pm and rises at 4am

We leave Sun morning flying to Seattle and boarding our ship at 4pm.

We are both so excited.

Thank you all
kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 04:31:17 AM »
Our Canadian men surely do seem to have some special endurance! My great uncle went hunting until he was 97, got his last moose at 93! After his wife of nearly 70 years died, he lived on his own (in a house that put mine to absolute shame for tidiness and cleanliness) until he had cataract surgery at 98 and his son felt a simpler lifestyle was in order and moved him into a residence that he practically became king of in his remaining 5 years! Yes, he passed at 103, peacefully in his sleep. His grandfather, my great-greatgrandfather, lived to 105, and from tales I hear, was on the sea practically daily until he was 103.

Later generations haven't fared quite so well, but my uncle will celebrate 84 years this year, and recently toured Ireland, remaining hale and hearty. I think there is something to be said for the outdoor live that my centenarian relatives lived, being confined seemed to shorthen lifespans! In fact the first relative to die young (under 80) was also the first to have an office job! So... enjoy your Alaskan adventure, it will add so much more than an exciting experience to your life!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:38:57 AM »
WOW Linda,

That is incredible the age of your Canadian clan. I am imppressed.    And a marriage of close to 70 years.  I luv it.

I have always said, a life time will never be enough to be with my champ of a husband, so 70 would make me very happy.

This uncle we are visiting in Vancouver, Had just had a 3 story house built , last time we saw him, he had huge animal heads sticking out of every wall, moose's , rams an such. (dead ones  :D )

I am looking forward to the ferry voyage over to Vancouver, a 2 and a half hour ride. I don't know why, but I just think that is so cool , to drive the car on and enjoy that little adventure. Huge ferry!  

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog