Author Topic: Plaquenil and bruising? NOW ALL OVER BODY RASH!  (Read 9277 times)

lelole

Re: Plaquenil and bruising? NOW ALL OVER BODY RASH!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »
Hi all,

Well I had my docs appt today, but last night I developed an all over body rash, small red blotches absolutely everywhere, they are slightly raised if you run your finger over them but not itchy.

I told the GP all of this, and I think she was a little mystified, she has taken blood to be tested as she said that the bruising can be caused by blood disorder which plaquenil can cause, but that she is being cautious so not to worry.

With the rash she seemed a little more worried - she has basically said that if it has not gone by Monday (or at least significantly better) then I need to call as they'll probably need to take me off plaquenil... :'(

On the up side, she has agreed to get my sacroiliac joint/pelvis/hips xrayed to see what's causing the pain...

Leah xx

Leisa

Re: Plaquenil and bruising? NOW ALL OVER BODY RASH!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »
Hi, Have you been in the sun or heat? This could be a sign of Lupus. When i get in the sun i break out in a red rash all over my body!! Even if i use sunscreen i still break out. I've noticed also if i'm in the car and the sun is out, the arm that's closets to the window will break out in a itchy rash. Do you itch?

lelole

Re: Plaquenil and bruising? NOW ALL OVER BODY RASH!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »
Hi Leisa,

The weird thing was that I had not been in the sun at all really yesterday, I have been out in it quite a lot over the last week or so, as the weather here in the SW UK has been unusually nice, but I have been very well protected (am v fair so always am)...

It may have been delayed though.  It is due to be rainy for the next few days, so if I stay out of the sun, maybe it will go if it is due to the sun...
Leah xx