Author Topic: To Old Friends and New Ones  (Read 6142 times)

Poochie

To Old Friends and New Ones
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
Yes, it's me Pooh.  I'm sorry if my return under "Poochie" has hijacked other threads. 

I returned as Poochie because as you know I'm not on staff anymore due to personal health and family situations.  But like a bad penny, I had to come back.  :D  I missed you all terribly.  ;) I didn't want to interfere with the moderators who are doing a fabulous job.  (I also use this alias when going into the chatroom)

I am still healing but feeling better.  Family problems are resolving and my children are back on track to tackle life's set backs.  :)

I have been sorting out my house, planting flowers and helping my hubby with things that are to much for him now.  Not that I can do it any better, but every little bit helps.  :D Sort like the "blind, leading the blind".   ::) (He has COPD, Asthma and emphasema)  Our dogs, PoohBear and Paddy both try to help also, by lying where we need to be, running off with bits and pieces we were using to mend something, or sitting on the very thing we were trying to fix. :D :D

My latest great granddaughter Cassie is growing by leaps and bounds.  At 8 months she is pulling herself up and walking around furniture and leaning into walls to get around faster. ;D  She is so cute and I can't believe how very little she crys.  I think she's to busy to cry. :D  She loves PoohBear and Paddy and they love her.  Cassie will lay down on PoohBear and drink her bottle.  One time she fell asleep and PoohBear didn't move until she woke up.  Almost an hour and half.

Oh yes, my hubby and I have a contest going between us.  I purchased one of those Topsy Turvy tomato planters and put a plant in it and hubby put his 6 plants in his garden plot.  Guess who has 5 tomatoes already?  ME!  It's hanging on the edge of the front porch where we have sun all day.  His only has a few blooms amid 6 plants.  Our UPS and FEDX delivery men are keeping track of the crop.  They think it's quite a challenge.   :D  (hubby's words to me about the Topsy Turvy "It'll never work". ) ::)

Well, that's pretty much some of what I've been up to since February.  Still going to Curves a couple times a week to keep my shoulders moving and my leg muscles strengthened.  I had a wonderful Mother's Day and a fabulous Memorial Day celebration with 5 of my great grands, 3 of my children and their spouses and 4 of my grandkids.  Of course lots of great food, geesh! I didn't think I would eat again for a week. 

Take care all and I'll try to drop in more and update you on my latest health discoveries as soon as I see my list of ologists this month.  Cardiologist, Rheumy, Gastro, Opthal, and GP.  Next month it's my dermotologist and urologist.  They really get you coming and going don't they.   :D :D

Huggles, Pooh  ;D

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: To Old Friends and New Ones
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
Our dear, dear Pooh,

It is sooooooo nice to have you back on the forum.  We have missed you and your wonderful words of wisdom.

Woohoo . . . congrats on being ahead in the tomato plant competition!!   ;D

I can't imagine the crowd of people you must have at a family reunion!!   :o  We know you are proud of all those grandkids and gt. grandkids.

Keep us updated on all your app'ts. - those alone will keep you hopping! 

Take care Pooh . . . . so nice to have you back!!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

dbab

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »
So nice to have you back Pooh!  :-*

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
  Poochie, I like it   (the name I mean)
                                                          It gladdens  my heart to read your lovely letter , and to hear you are still up and getting around..  You sound so happy too,  it must be doing you good.

Take care and keep intouch, Dolly x

Katybarstool

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
Pooh

I'm absolutely delighted to see you back in the family again. I missed you a lot. The grandchildren and great grandchildren are a real blessing to you - and you to them.  Cassie must be a very active little girl to be standing so young. Mia Grace is 10 months today and has just learned how to get up on all fours, but she's nowhere near climbing up just yet.

Keep us up to date with our news - we love to hear it!

Hugs
Kathyx

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
(((((((((((((poochie pooh))))))))))))

Welcome back...so happy to see you posting again and glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better and things are starting to settle down in your family's lives.

Did you get a pic of Cassie sleeping on Pooh Bear? That would have been a cute one!

Continued luck in the tomato contest...you go girl and keep us updated on the ongoing scores...lol!

Patze

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Oh Ms. Pooh,

Welcome back young lady!!!  I'm so glad to see that you've come back!

I'm glad that things are settling down for you, and glad to hear that the pups are doing their "jobs" well! ;) ;D  Animals are so funny, aren't they?  Can't seem to read a paper around the cat, he loves to lay on them (won't even talk about the shredding part either)! :D

Take care my friend -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »
OOOOH POOH,

So glad to hear from you and your wonderful escapades.  Your family is blessed. Your puppies are blessed ;D, to have you as the grand lady Matriarch. 

And we are soooo blessed when you share your stories with us.  THANK YOU.   kimbo

You Gooooo with your tomatoes
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Bonnie

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 04:11:17 AM »
Pucci pooh,

So glad to have you back, I'll bet your tomatoes will taste all the better for growing them yourselves.

Nice to see you here again.

Trudie

Poochie

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »
Hi Trudy, good to be back.

Pooh

Poochie

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.  It has been a long 3 1/2 months but things are beginning to look better. :)

I guess I shouldn't get to sure of myself, that's usually when SJS decides it's time to get in the act again. ::)

Take care all and I will be here now and then,

Hugs, Pooh

JJ

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 03:59:17 AM »
Hiya Poochie,

Glad to hear from you...my granddaughter (4) started walking at 9 months and has had

serious crashes ever since. Tuesday she was taken to the emergency room again for busting

her lip open again...4 stitches...she is like evil kenevil on feet. I need to look into that tomato

planter..the price of fresh produce is just arrgghh...use to grow cucumbers...had very nice ones

neighbors would come over for a couple of them once a week. Which was good cause they would

have just gone to waste. Think I over planted...lol...but it did benefit the neighborhood. I had a Doberman

that use to check on my oldest daughter when she was asleep. She wouldn't get near her if she was awake

but she would kind of do the nurse maid thing and check on her if she wasn't making noise...lol..

Our pups are precious...I hope you continue to do well..and enjoy the joy!

JJ

salsen

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
Poochie,
  So glad to have a personal endorsement of the Topsy Turvy.  My hubby has a garden every year and we have both been commenting on the ads for this device.  Does it work - can it really be that simple?  Now you have solved the mystery for us.  Next year he will probably have one hanging from our back patio cover once I tell him how you are winning the race LOL.

Glad to see you are posting again.  Your family get together sounds as huge as my family with brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles of three generations all coming.  Doesn't seem like a true holiday with out the gathering of the clan. 

I am glad to hear Pooh Bear and Paddy are keeping your work load so light.  It is always good to have good help. 

Take care friend.

Sal