Author Topic: Yeast-Free Diet Anyone?  (Read 14099 times)

kimbo

• Love never fails
Re: Yeast-Free Diet Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
Hey gang,

Here  is my food diaries up date....

Dinner at taco bell, ........ I drank water there, thats the healthy part.

Desert......

My husband and I have been indulging milk shakes at .......... drum roll......Sam's,  Cheap and very chocolaty. 

Much to my disappointment they had installed a pump on the hershey container,(they usually dump it in, and the result is great) I alerted my husband to the new pump and he said, the fun is over. Like it matters to him, he always gets a berry shake. I watched as they pumped and it was good.  :D

Now the really, really healthy news is,all this was after my husband and I walked our fur baby Elroy , TWO miles  :)

Now if y'all are thinking ......she does not cook.

The golden graham smores are made with my own two hands . Yep, they are home made.

:)  I might need a support group to help me with my care/free diet habits  :)...... seriously   ;)

blessings kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »
I really do appreciate the great information on this thread, and I believe there is relevance in eating healthy.

So thanks to those of you who, share your knowledge on the subject.

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
Laney

Thanks for those links, far as i read, candida buils up from the dysbyosis of the bowel, IE  too much bad bacterium not ebnough good, gluten then irritates the bowel wall, and causes intolerances as you say due to damaged villi that absorb the nutrient sin the bowel, this also causes an inability to absorb as many nutrients from our diet as we should do, the bowel then inflammes, and what occurs is what is known as leaky gut.

Once the gut leaks indeed protiens ans molecules start flying around our systems, the immune system recognises it as a forgein body and attacks, and flares up in attacking us too, the protiens can indeed pass through the blood brain barrier leading to neurological symptoms.

healing the leaky cut many AI sufferers feel better, indeed the MS advice site discussed leaky gut and their reseach is that all AI suffers who have took steps to heal their leaky gut feel much less ill and expereince much less symptoms.

I dont rule out that many AI sufferer have allergy/intolerance to enviromnetal pollutants and chemical senitivites, but it has been noted by decreasing our allergen overload even those can improve.

Kimbo      Im not advocating everyone should do this, its not easy, as Jonnell says were used to eating a certain way, i know i feel somedays like a junkie battling addiction, but i have seen so many improvment sin my health, and at 37   if i hadnt been able to run about with my kids, go back to work, live in constant terrible pain, remeber fibromyalgia makes us register pain 3 fold , so truly i was being crippled in pain, id rather have been shot, at one point i cried and said to my partner, if this is the life i have to look forward to id rather not be here, hence i got myself anti depressant medication.

I had a choice, giv eit a try or die that way, well i wanted to live as full and healthy a life as i possibly could, has it been easy ?? heck no, hardest thing i have ever had to do, my addiction to gluten, sugar and yeasty products was greater than i had thought, but i see results and i have such a passion for life and laughing that it seemed to me a no brainer.

Today i have 36 less symptoms, have very little fatigue, very little pain, wetter eyes and mouth, my sense of fun of back, my kids health is much improved, and were all happier, i always did cook alot, i admit is is a hobby of mines, but i didnt realise how much damage it was doing to me to eat so much cheese, dairy and gluten, now i know it does, for if i venture off this die tplan, my stomach swells, my mouth dries and my head pounds, thats almost instant, my mood drops within hour, and my anxiety levels shoot up, next day my athralgia and myalgia is back and my joints seize, and the fatigue is overwhelming again, its just not worth it for me.

I want to live, see my grankids if i ever have any, see my boys grow up, but thats my decision, i dont expect others do do what myself and others have done, my taste buds have now changed, i taste sweetness in natural things, i enjoy my diet and living almost normally again, i enjoy working again, i enjoy having enegry and vitality, i enjoy seing my hair grow back, and being able to dance round the livingroom and touch my toes again, im 37 i feel 37, i used to feel 77, ive nursed elderly patinets who were more capable than me at the height of this disease, sure convention aint cottoned onto it that much as yet, but there is research out there by conventional doctors who back all this up, just possibly they know how few of their patients would actually be willing to bite the bullet and do it, rather than want a magic pill.

If the leaky gut theory is correct, it would explain why Ai issues run in packs, the longer the offending items are ingested the more damage it does, the more ill we become, auto imunity suggests that our immune systems just go haywire on their own accord, maybe just maybe they go haywire due to our inability to deal with cetrain food items, candida, environmental pullutants, chemicals in our daily lives, maybe were just sensitive to that, and our immune ssytesm dont like it in the least, i for one want to live, its a choice, if its between healthy eating against planequil , immuno suppressants and daily liver toxic medication, i ll juice my way through life.

T x

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 04:36:19 AM »
Having always, it seems, to be the exception to the rule, I've never had issues with yeast, and while I was DX with inflammatory bowel at one point, it turned out to be more of a generalized inflammation from my Sarcoidosis, and any bowel issues I had (many years ago) were purely mechanical. According to my GI and the lab, I have a completely healthy gut! (nice, it seems to be the only part of me that is)

I still advocate a healthy, balanced, natural diet, and if any particular food group causes you problems, avoid it! Possibly because I've not been one to eat refined or processed foods, prefer complex carbs, and love cinnamon and green tea, I've not had the problems you've all battled. Still I have the various Autoimmune diseases, and remain firmly convinced that there are many triggers. I've been involved in separate studies for Sarcoidosis, one of which tried to prove a genetic or familiar cause, the other focused on environmental triggers, and, according to the doctors who ran them, I proved both their criteria! Maybe I have both triggers, maybe for me it's something else entirely (possibly the fact that I've had both Rheumatic fever and Mononucleosis quite severely).

One thing is definite about AIs, each of us has our own path, but it's so nice to know that overall, we all travel together!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »
Linda

exaclty, could be chemicals in the household ,i watched an oprah show once was takling about the cheimcals in carpet pile making some ppl ill, could even be industrail emmisions for a local factory, or any number of things that sets anyone off, for my (thank the gods) it seems to be canddia and things im intollerant/allergic to, and now it seems my sons have some of these from me also, i tried it skeptically, and it worked, for that im grateful, deeply so.

But yes there could be emmisions from cars setting someone off, and not much they can do about that, or just climatic changes, could be that the sky is blue, who knows, and your right it wont work for every person, i just wanted to rule it out for me, and in rulling it out i ruled it in.  There are so many things in the air we breath, local rivers being industrially polluted, who knows, stange as an environmental activist before the kids, and i kind of arm chair activist now, to think that these things may be damaging health in me lol.

Hence my deep worry and portesitng agains genetically modified foods etc, we cant know one theyre unleahed into the food chain, that cross pollentation wont pernamanetly affect the food chain, and we shall see alot more AI in the future, shudder to think, there could be so many triggers to AI, but i just planned on working my way through them till i hopefully happened on something that got me some quality of life back, as i am so green in my ways, hair sprays, chemicals in soaps etc, was always an issue for me, why i use all natural , even make my own, who knows what anyones trigger is, but i do think there is some kind of trigger, and it can run in families the sensitivity to that,be genectic,  but it could be anything, and something we cannot do much about, like environmental triggers :(

T x

eyeamdry

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »
Gee, all this discussion on my thread and I haven't even started iit yet.  Dontcha love it?  Seems I can't find the right day to start.  Maybe tomorrow.  Lucy

eyeamdry

Chilling Email Tonight
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »

Well, smart mouth I am.........I had an email forwarded to me from my daughter tonight.  It was sent to her by her best friend from elementary/high school days, more than 20 years ago.  The friend did not know my email address.  Apparently there has been some discussion via email about my Sjogrens.

The email from Kris, who now lives in Dallas, detailed her long addiction to Diet Coke and that she has no tears or saliva and some other Sjogren's like stuff.  Her dr told her to quit Diet Coke because of bladder problems..  Well, she did and claims she is much better and was better after 3 or 4 days without Diet Coke--and/or anything with aspartame in it.

I sort of believe her experience because she is someone I know.  I'm 50-50 on the decision.  But, if there's a chance in h--l I'm going to do it.  I live on Diet Coke and have for decades  I'll be able to try my yeast free diet and Diet Coke withdrawal all at once.  I realize that with the yeast-free diet, I'd have to cut out the cola anyhow.  My huband and daughter are worried about me greatly.  My husband was with me in the office of my GP when he told me to quit Diet Coke.  And, I haven't.  I can at least do that for him, after all he does for me.  WATER.  WATER.  I'll have to maybe try some soda water, or tonic water.  I don't think it has any sweetner or sugar in it.  I can drink green tea on my yeast-free diet and I don't put sugar or sweetner in my tea anyhow.  Brew up some iced green tea.  Uh.  I will report back on my experience with this.  The Diet Coke thing could be big on me, if it's based on consumption.  lol. Lucy :-[ :-[ :-[

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
Lucy, I have always felt that those diet pops or other foods would kill you faster than the average stuff. There is so much written out there about it. All I know is it gives me a stomach ache when I drink the diet pop and sometimes a headache. I figure I'll just drink my regular pop cause at least I know what is in it.

I know that I need to get on a diet of some kind to lost about 20 pounds but I am having a hard time getting motivated. I have a lot of food aversions since I have been way laid with this stuff. Unfortunately the ice cream and junky stuff go better than the good stuff lately.

Oh well, Lucy, another day is coming. I did it before and I will do it again. Irish ;D

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 01:33:52 AM »
Eyeam

I hear you i lived for caffiene and diet irn bru( scottish national soda drink) , hated drinking water, never did drink much of it, can honestly say the first few weeks werent nice, how i craved it badly, now id not put anything but spring or filtered water or herbal tea in my mouth, it really is amazing how quickly your taste buds will change, i had to give up diet coke a while ago, had a peptic ulcer, wasnt H pylori as i had the test for that, my GP said go through your diet and real;y gave me a hard time about coke, he said no one should ingest anything that can clean jewllery, he told me to go home and pop my rings into a glas of it, i did, they came up sparlking lol.

Yup aspartame and the likes feeds the candida overgrowth from that ive read, and caffiene irritates the gut,  i know my mum gave up caffiene as she had bladder leaking and urgency incontinenece, when she did it stopped.

Xyitol and stevia are natural sweetners and dont affect candida, do now and then i make up some homebaking with that and gluten free flours.

I know i read jenna posting she felt alot better for giving fizzy soda drinks up, i think tonic water has some stuff in it, cant remember , id read the label on that.

I know whating an aussie weight loss challenge programme down siz eme that airs here, ive gotten alot of good tips, they say warm water with lemon slice sin first thing in the morning goes straight to the bowel and cleanses it, i drink that in the morning now, must say i do feel good after it.

Good luck with giving it all up, not easy

T x 

DanzGrl

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 05:09:37 AM »
Lucy,

I feel for you.  My md is holistic.  She has been trying to get me to try a yeast free diet for several years now.  Met with an herbalist here in town and she told me to do the diet!  It's too hard is what I decided.

So, I'm taking it step by step.  Last week - No sodas.  Had headaches - very grumpy.  This coming week, I'm doing yeast free for breakfast only.  It will take me a lot longer to get through it, but it doesn't seem so big this way.

I'm trying to wrap my head around no cheese.  Miss it already!   I read in "The Dry Eye Rememdy" that dairy is inflammatory.  So, I'm going to try no dairy--- maybe next week!

Christy :)

DanzGrl

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:14 AM »
T x,

Quick Question... I can't not eat soy - allergic.   do you know if there are other types of cheese, milk, etc?

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 05:44:24 AM »
Danzgirl, there are coconut, potato, oat, nut and rice milks available, but as far as I know, they aren't processed into any form of cheese. The only cheeses I can think of, other than soy, are dairy. There is a brand that doesn't contain tofu, but has soya concentrate. It's a product from the UK, and may not be available in the US, but it's a lovely line of vegan cheeses called Sheese. http://www.buteisland.com/index.htm
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

DanzGrl

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
Thanks Linda!

Poochie

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
Lucy,
Just a little suggestion here.  I've been on the gluten free diet now for almost 2 yrs.  I never drink sodas, only because they burn my mouth so bad.  I do however drink the EAS protein drinks for breakfast.  I have NEVER been able to eat breakfast. 

I fed my hubby and children breakfast, but I couldn't eat it myself.  (probably because I was a "latch key" kid from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. My mother never had time to make me breakfast or was even home when I got up for school)

I love the chocolate fudge protein drink and it gets me going in the morning. 

I hope you can get yourself going and start on this diet.  Let us know how you get on with it.

Hugs, Pooh

eyeamdry

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »
Well, we ended up going out to supper tonight with friends and over to visit them at their new trailer at the campsite.  So, I wasn't yeast-free.......and I did have some Diet C.  I had one can this a.m. and am sqigging on a bottle now.  That's less than half my regular bunch.  I'm serious about this, but it may be gradual, and on my terms. 

The meat-free thing is bad as I hate meat and that's all you can eat.  And cheese, I love it.  I did buy some soy milk for my cereal puffed wheat.  I bought some tofu also.  This will be a work in progress.  I also am supposed to take 2 kinds of pills along with this.  One is to kill yeast and the other promote the good stuff.  Having a senior moment right now.  Lucy