Author Topic: I'm back (Kathy)  (Read 15591 times)

Chickpea

Re: I'm back (Kathy)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »
Hi sweetie

Sorry to hear you've had a couple of tough days.  Hope the extra paracetamol helped make things better!  Sounds like you need to rest, rest, rest ...

I've managed to delay starting the new treatment until early July thanks to a very understanding doctor.  He realises that spending time with my children in June when they'll all be home is the best medicine for me.

Take good care of your dear self - Chickpea

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »
  Kathy, glad to hear that you got through it well..and that you have been so good after it, tho after reading your last thread, I do hope that you do not have a flare up starting..

I had that op 6 years ago and got over it really well..

However sad to say that I have developed another prolapse, but am putting off seeing the Doctor , as at the mo' it is not causing much bother..and at 73 I do not relish having any more op's unless it is absolutely necessary!

Enjoy your me - time dear Kathy, get spoilt for a time and get back to normal soon..
                                                                                                                Welcome home, Dolly x

Katybarstool

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »
Dolly

Thank you for your message. I agree with you, unless prolapses cause problems, they are best left alone. I'm a little younger than you, at 52, but had no alternative to the surgery. I'm taking your advice and resting - I can't afford to risk any more prolapses. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can manage without any intervention in the future.

Hugs
Kathyx

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
Kathy,

Hoping today was a good day for you.   ;D  The best prescription a doctor can prescribe . . . rest, rest, rest!!  If you don't want to get dressed . . . . don't . . . .  lounge around in your pj's, read a book, watch tv and snuggle with your doggie.   ;D

Have a speedy recovery. 

Take care,
Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Poochie

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
Hi Kathy,
So sorry to hear you have been hurting.  I'm glad to hear that you are recovering and other than a possible visit from SJS you are doing well. 

Enjoy your time off and spoil yourself.  Within reason, do something you haven't had time for in the past.  But take care and don't overdo it.

Hugs, Pooh

JannaLee

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 08:21:52 AM »
Hi Poochie Pooh!

Janna

Poochie

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »
((Huggles)) Janna,

Pooh

Katybarstool

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 01:19:40 PM »
Pooh

Lovely to see you.  :) How's things with you? Did you get the Raynauds sorted?

God bless.
Kathyx

Poochie

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »
Hello dear, yes, the change of heart meds and the warm weather are working wonders, thanks.

Huggles, Pooh

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »
  Well I'll be blowed Pooh,

I have been thinking a lot about you recently..

It is dear old POOH isin't it?

If so why  the Poochie?    Lovely to hear from you again,
                                                                                     Dolly. x

Katybarstool

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »
So, the hospital said I could drive at 14 days post op, so long as I could do an emergency stop. I started the car in the garage, reversed it up the drive and crunched it into the skip my son is using for his building rubble ... and yes, I did an emergency stop ok, but it looks like it could be a very expensive one >:(

My first trip after the bump was to the grocers to pick up a few things for mum, and then down to visit her. I stayed about an hour, and came home absolutely shattered. My undercarriage has been really sore since, so I think the driving will have to be put back on hold for a few days.

Anyway, mum was pleased to see me, so I guess that makes the trip (and the bump) worthwhile.

Kathyx

JannaLee

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
I'm sorry for the crunch, Kathy dear!

Last year I ran into things with the car almost once a week!

I really think the whole surgical process does a number on the brain too!

Hugs and sympathy!
Janna

Poochie

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
Kathy dear, you take care of yourself. :(  Those bumps can do a number on healthy people, let alone those that just had surgery. 

I do hope you feel better soon and your journeys become more comfortable next time you go out. 

(sorry for the hi-jacking on your thread -  :))

Hugs, Pooh

Katybarstool

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »
Pooh

You are welcome to hijack my thread anytime :)

Today I had a walk to the newsagents. It took about 20 minutes round trip, which isn't that far, but I felt I achieved something.

Kathyx

Chickpea

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
Hi Kathy

Well that's one way to check out your ability to do an emergency stop!  Hope the skip was ok ...

Do take things slowly.  Surgery plus anaesthetic plus SjS is a recipe for deep exhaustion.  You need time to heal and readjust.  Dear friend, take care of yourself.

Thinking of you - Chickpea