Author Topic: Adjusting  (Read 8607 times)

salsen

Adjusting
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
After two and a half weeks, I am finally not crying all day.  We had to put my sweet Marble dog to sleep and life has been pretty sad around here.  She was sixteen years old and had gotten in really poor health but the decision to let her go broke my heart.  My husband is as heartbroken as I am, even our cat isn't acting like his old fiesty self.

I only wish all of you here can share the love of a pet like we had with our dog.  It truly goes a long way to make the days better when you are hurting the most and helps you move away from your own problems.  She saw me through the start of all this and five surgeries.  She must have been God's little angel he shared with me for awhile to help me accept the abrupt changes my life would take.

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Adjusting
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:05:57 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sal. I do love the thought that beloved pets are angels sent to us to help us through trying times, because they surely do that.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Patze

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:19:13 AM »
Aw Salsen,

I'm so sorry to hear of your angel's passing...and I agree with Linda, they are little angels sent to us to get us through the tough times.  Sending you a giant

((((( H U G )))))

Take care of yourself -

Patze
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:20:47 AM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

fluffiebunnie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:27:23 AM »
I am so sorry - I have two cats and four rabbits and I know how much it would hurt to lose them  :'(

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
Salgen

im am truly sorry youre going through this, friends of mines have just been in same position, with their 13 year old labradore, she had cancer, broken hearted they are too :(

Iknow how hard this is for you, anyone wo says its just a dog, really need to rethink, theyre a loving loyal best friend, and i am truly glad you had the relationship with you dog that you did, even though its so terribly hard now.

I know my friends didnt eat for 3 days, and joe just couldnt eeven speak on the phone, i finally got him to talk and was on the phone till 2 am, so hard hear that pain in their voices, and so sorry your going through exactly the same.

Do i beleive dogs have an afterlife ?? well i do, animals are bteer than most humans, and i truly beleive they have their place there, awaiting us

T x

jonnell

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
Sorry for your loss,  Jenna, Rick and I just got a 7 month old Pitbull Terrier weve only had him for 2 weeks and he is already apart of our family.  Hugs and Kissess  Jonnell and Jenna

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »
Hi Salsen

I feel for you. There are few things as bad in life as having to take an animal to the vet's for the last time. It's the last act of love really but that makes it no easier.

Sorry for your loss.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

dbab

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
I'm very sorry Salsen for your loss.  They really are our best friends and the pain when we lose them is so real.  I have a co-worker that just lost her first pet and she told me that she couldn't believe the pain she is going through, she said she always thought it was so "silly" when people would be so distraught over the loss of a pet but now she knows what they were going through.

There is a poem that touches my heart every time I read it.  I have seen it tailored for pets (I think its originally for the loss of person).  I can't find the particular link but it's called "I Stood By Your Bed Last Night" if you want to google it.  Look for a link that ties in with a pet, the words are better in this case.

HUGS to you Salsen. 

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
Hi Sal,

You know what I went through two years ago when I lost my beloved dog. You have my heartfelt sympathies. It seems like they wrap themselves around our heart and they take a little piece of it with them when they are gone. Time is the only thing that seems to help but it is a slow process. You know where I am if you ever need me. I'm thinking of you.

Hugs,
quig
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

salsen

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words and support.  It helps so much.  Please wish the best for my daughter who's Rhodesian Ridgeback is having a biopsy done on Thursday.  Her Gabby is only seven years old and she is worried to death about her.  I keep trying to tell her don't worry until she sees what the test show but of course that won't happen.  We seemed to have hit some rough spots as of late.  Hopefully our Gabby girl will be fine. 

lynnmarie219

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »
(((((((Salsen))))))

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Marble! Animals are a big part of my life too so I can totally understand your pain and grief....they do become a part of our family and lives...and they give unconditional love to us.

I just went through the loss of my little kitty recently..she was very young but very sick.....I have also been through the loss of many other of my little ones...both cats and dogs...and the loss of each one of then hurt me terribly and I still hold each of them in my heart and in their memories.

I hope you heal from your loss, but give it the time you need.......it will get easier, but you will never forget her...and you will always have her memories alive in your heart.

Sending some hugs and prayers to you and your family.....as well as to your daughter and Gabby to get through the biopsy with good results.

Poochie

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »
Hi Sal,
I sure hope you are adjusting better now.  I am so sorry to hear about Marbledog.  It's almost like losing a family member when they leave us. 

I'm so glad we got PoohBear when Peanut started going down hill.  She didn't take Peanut's place, but she made the transition a lot easier.  With PoohBear coming up on her 10th birthday in July, I know her time with us is getting shorter.  We had Paddy now but it won't be the same without The Pooh.  She takes better care of me than my doctor.   ;D

Take care dear and remember she is in good company with all the ones that went before her.  And the memories of her will never be forgotten.

Hugs, Pooh

salsen

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:00:16 PM »
I wanted to thank everyone for there kind words.  Things are getting better and I can now talk about my sweet dog without crying.  I still miss her terrible but in my mind she is again the young dog who loved to run around the yard and play keep away.  I have her picture by my computer and I see it everyday. 

My husband and I talked about getting another dog in a few months.  All of our animals have been adopted and we believe strongly in giving an abandoned dog a new home.  I'm not quite ready yet but I am getting there.

My daughters Gabby had her surgery on Thursday and should have test results by the end of the week.  She is as bad, if not worse, than us when it comes to spoiling her dogs.  Hopefully the test will come back fine. 

God bless.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »
Salsen,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better....take all the time you need to heal! And if and when you are ready for a new dog you will know it....don't let people push you though if you are not ready.

Just remember that the new pup will never take the place of your Marble, but I promise you that you will find enough love in your heart for the new family member. Love doesn't have limits on how much you have and can give away! (and a big hug to you for rescuing dogs that need that love so badly).

Also I hope Gabby's tests come back a-ok! Keep us posted!

djean87

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 08:34:49 PM »
am sorry to hear your loss of your dog your best friend.i just lost my cat friday before mothers day he was 20 years old.still think of him everyday.takes time to greive.animals become apart of a family.they know when we are ill,they know alot about our feelings,they help us get through good times and bad times.unconditional love.our best friends.my husband said he could tell how my days were by looking and talking to my cat.know there isnt anything else I can say but sorry for your loss.take care.