Author Topic: Trying to catche up / recovering from computer blitz  (Read 7633 times)

kimbo

• Love never fails
Trying to catche up / recovering from computer blitz
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
Hi everyone ,

I have been reading a lot of posts. I feel very behind. It is very hard to catch up on our busy hot line of hope and help.

I love our new option here. A great space to get to know one another.

My husband spent about 2 hours on the phone with a tech support, last nite, finally getting our computers back on track.

I told him the other day that I tried turning mine off then restarting it. He smiled  :)  and said , "thats called a re-boot", I said " I know that".  :)

I smiled at him and said, I wonder if there is a way for a wife to re-boot her husband . He smiled really big.  ;D  But I think we had two different ideals .

any who... I better get busy posting.

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
Re: Trying to catche up / recovering from computer blitz
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Hey Kimbo,

Glad you are back online. I know how frustrating losing your Internet can be. I have a dial up service so believe me I really do know, lol.

The comment about rebooting the hubby? now that was funny, lol. I wanted to reboot my daughter a couple of days ago, but.......

Welcome back to cyber space.  :)

Hugs,
quig
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:05:22 AM »
Oh, there are so many practical "real life" applications for a re-boot....

I heard a story of a pre-schooler having trouble with some toy, wasn't doing just what he wanted, and he asked "Where's contwol-alt-delete?"
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

lynnmarie219

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »
I heard a story of a pre-schooler having trouble with some toy, wasn't doing just what he wanted, and he asked "Where's contwol-alt-delete?"

Now that is funny Linda!!

Welcome back online kimbo! I don't think we realize how much we use our computers now a days until we don't have it working correctly and life can come to a standstill....

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
Less then 2 years ago, my whole family thought there was no hope with me in computer world.     I love my lap top. :-*

Linda, that was funny !  ;D

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog