Author Topic: Rheumy appt today.. WHAT A JOKE!  (Read 6844 times)

SeaBreeze

Re: Rheumy appt today.. WHAT A JOKE!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »
Hi Christi, I'm sorry you had such wasteful appt... I agree with the rest, shop around for another doctor...

I have gone to appointments with a tape recorder and asked if the doctor minded me taping our discussions; at the time my intent was so I could listen to it later..

This doc was always half way out the door, appeared distracted and gave quick vague answers.

Boy, did I see a change in his attitude during that visit... he sat down, spoke with a concerned tone, answered all of my questions thoroughly, was not condecending, and actually asked me if we had covered all of my concerns... It was amazing what a little accountability will do for the quality of a visit ... I hope you find a good doc soon, they 'are' out there...

1mommyof8

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »
WOW that is amazing, you all have such good ideas.. and yes i think you are completely right, it comes down to accountabiliy.. i am on Molina, so really who cares about my health right? and i have not gone to the doc about most of my symptoms until recently when i thought i was "taking care of things i had ignored" and then i get dubbed a hypochondriac of sorts, and get "told" my symptoms, so i fit into the category he wanted me too

i too got told, not in exact words that basically this all had to do with my mental health/depression issues, and when he heard i had PTSD, he continued with that theme and based it all on that..

sigh.. what a day that was..

good luck

puppybreath

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
That my dear is an excellent idea!!! 8)