Author Topic: A good laugh from a doc/PA today  (Read 6024 times)

1mommyof8

A good laugh from a doc/PA today
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:17 PM »
i had an appt about my elbow pain, figured i would go to the bigger clinic and see a more educated doc!!! haha was that ever funny.. this woman came in, asked where the pain was, and agreed with the last doc that it was "tennis elbow" ok fine, but how did i get it?? its my left arm, i am not physically active or do strenuous activities, she said maybe driving, or a turning action with my hand.. well im right handed sooooo... she said well, i dont quite know how you got it, but thats what i it.. hehehe, how silly..

i asked for her to take an xray, just for my own record and documentation.. and she stomped out of the room saying "fine"... lol.. at least i got the xray..

really i believe i have more education just educating myself the way i do, then these stupid providers.. sigh....

its been a long week, at least i can see the humor in her ridiculousness!!

thanks for listening and hope you got a laugh!!

christi  :o :o

Pooh

Re: A good laugh from a doc/PA today
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:29:02 AM »
Good Morning Christi,
Frustrating isn't it?  It's a shame some doctor's just don't want to be bothered with some patients.  And don't ask me what I think of PA's. ::)

I hope your arm feels better soon, it sounds painful and uncomfortable.

Pooh

JJ

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:42:33 AM »
Yep....they do make you feel as if you are just a total waste of time...

but they sure don't mind taking your money...I woke up this morning,

my left arm didn't and I'm right handed as well...feels like someone

grabbed my arm and shook me now that it is awake...maybe we sleep

walk and lift weights with our left arm...??.. ::)

navydad

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
I was told that once tennis elbow,, told her,, but I dont play tennis,,

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 09:17:34 AM »
its funny but scary really, just like epson a man being told he had an ovarian cyst, you got to wonder about these docs you really do, why it isnt possible for them to say, you know i dont know, so i ll run some tests, no no they have to find a label and slap it on something there and then, hope you find a good doc mommy  its a joy ride is SJS :-s

T x

1mommyof8

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »
haha exactly JJ i felt like saying, glad you know what i do better than i do.. like this woman who i had never met, is certain that maybe i just dont remember hurting it.. ummm like, wouldnt i know?? nope im just the stupid patient.. what would i know!!! lol

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »
I got tennis elbow in bothe elbows at one point. My GP suggested it was from pushing a baby buggy and carrying shopping bags *sigh* - why doesn't every woman get tennis elbow then?????   :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

1mommyof8

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
Well thats a question i didnt think of.. if i do the same things that everyone else does, and in very slight moderation, then why dont we all share this condition..

christi

ktfabian

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:00:32 AM »
Scottie-

You being told that your tennis elbow was from over use even though you were doing what most other Moms do???

I'm being told that the swelling in my leg is from overuse.  I guess it's those 6 paces from the couch, one step left to the dryer then six paces back to the couch that are causing my "overuse" of my knee.  And of course, we have teo floors with a full 3rd floor attic. I probably go upstairs to the second floor3 times a day as we have bathrooms on both floors, and I go up to the attic about once every 3 months.  So a you can see, I'm really putting wear and tear on this knee and pushing it to it's limits?!?  And the other knee must have been made of titanium because it's been fine, except one time when I fell.

Sorry to ramble.  I'm just getting tired of being told that it's either "all in my head" or "arthritis" every time something new happens.
Tracy

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »
I hear you Tracy! I hear you  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

1mommyof8

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
and to boot its my unused elbow.. if it were the right i might believe it.. but she even asked if i had been riding horses, or doing alot of twisting and turning things.. i dont use my left arm that much.. i am very right handed.. oh, or driving alot..i  said once a day to pick up my kid from school.. she said, wellll its something!!! i said hmmm.. she was rude!

Jayne

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
Hey, mine is golfers elbow from carrying shopping, I don't play golf either. Does that mean I carry my shopping differently to you?
Jayne

lynnmarie219

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »
 :) It is funny how we get all these aches and pains and are all told different things!

I actually got diagnosed with sjogrens due to my tennis elbow. I have always had tendinitis issues (wrists, elbow, and now my ankle). Well one time years ago I had been having a lot of pain in my elbow and got fed up and went to my GP to ask for some kind of relief.

He asked me a bunch of questions and said I really couldn't convince him of such drastic overuse that I keep getting such pain...so he ran a bunch of blood tests and they came back positive (ANA, SSB, etc). He referred me to a rheumy and they rest is history.

I will be eternally grateful for this man...he was open minded enough to look outside of the box and I was lucky enough to have him for my doc!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
I am going to just throw this in the ring. It is possible to have tennis elbow and not be active. Tennis elbow is tendonitis and tendonitis is very common in sjogrens and other autoimmune diseases. I get it in my achilles tendons in both heels and there is nothing that I do that should aggravate it. I have to be very careful when it kicks in as achilles tendons are very prone to rupture spontaneously and it is painful. I know, because my son jumped out of bed one morning and ruptured his, needed surgery and missed many months of work.

One can have tendonitis in any joint at any given time. I know my tennis elbow hurt me terrible when I would sleep in certain positions. Got so I had to wear my elbow brace during the day much of the time because any activity bothered it. Even just doing the washing, folding clothes, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, etc can aggravate it. Also, bending over the sink to wash ones hair will bother also. Hope it improves. I had to take Aleve a lot of times to tame the pain. Doesn't bother me at all now for the last 5 years as I am on prednisone every other day. Irish ;D

pudmott

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:10:49 AM »
Note to self

avoid the big clinics. go to the smaller ones their reputation is what keeps them in business

Pud