Author Topic: Is this typical?  (Read 5745 times)

1mommyof8

Is this typical?
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »
i wonder now that i have posted here as being new, some of the symptoms i was having have decreased some. and others have gotten worse..

my eyes have been good for 3 days after 6 months of almost constant irritation, and my joints are much more sore and getting more so.

Is it normal for one symptom to lessen or get more infrequent, and another get worse, or to feel good one day and not the next.. and still have an issue?

thank you in advance, christi

JJ

Re: Is this typical?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
Yes Mam! I had Tremors shortly after my diagnoses..and was tremor free for two years

it's back...now my eyes were not an issue at first but are now. It is just up and down for

most of us...I hope you have less issues and more infrequent issues. It all depends on

the individual.

JJ

Pooh

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »
Yes, Christi I'm afraid JJ is right.  This disease is very fickle.  It can't seem to decide on a set plan of attack to our bodies. 

This is why it's so important to keep a journal.  That way you have it all written down and if it comes up again you will know what to tell your doctor.  "Well, I had something like this on this day, and then it happened again later on this day". 

I hope you will keep asking those questions, the more informed you are, the better it is with coping.  ;D

Pooh

1mommyof8

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »
thank you, i guess i felt like maybe i made more out of the eyes than i should have, since they feel better the past 3 days.. But i guess i have only to remember how it has been for the past 6 months.. thank you again! christi

Billydude

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
YES YES YES....mine always go in waves as I call them.   One sysmtom stops for awhile and another starts up.

ohiolady

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
I just have to echo the others by saying YES.  I think one of the most frustrating aspects of this disease is never knowing how you will feel from day to day.  It is hard to plan because you may feel pretty good and then feel terrible the next day.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

JJ

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »
Not only that but you can wake up feeling okay and do well up til the evening and
it comes in and cuts the legs out from under ya...or vice versa...it does keep
you on your toes!

JJ

1mommyof8

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:43:24 PM »
thank you for your replies, and yes in the evening i feel like a mack truck hit me, awful headaches like i have a fever, and my neck gets sore, and i have no energy..

Had a great day today, just the joint soreness, but other than that i have felt ok..

thanks again, and i am so glad i am here, i dont feel like a hypochondriac alien.. lol

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
you couldnt be more right.

Just when i get totally sick of one symptoms it settles down and something else goes, i have good days where im less nauseated and sore, and days where my mouth isnt quite so bad, and days where i can hardly speak im clearing glut from my throat to speak, other days thats fine and my head pounds,   it just flares up, dies down and moves around, that much we all share

T x

1mommyof8

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:34 PM »
Thank you all for the replies and the reassurance, and the irritated dry eyes so graciously returned today, YAY.. (not) guess i should be careful what i wish for.. lol.. thanks again, and i really enjoy this site..

christi

Carrottop50

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »
I got to get in here too.... I AGREE with all the others.... IT is YES YES YES....

I have had sjogrins over 20 years and things are changing all the time.... In fact this last  summer I was feeling the best I have felt since my dx..... I even wondered about going back to work for the first time in 10 years.... which lasted about 2 months but then the sjogrins raised it's ugly head again and even put me in bed for a week.... (2nd time I was down that bad)... so it comes and goes and if there is anything I can tell you that is it is a bumpy road for most of us and that it causes a life time of  small and big bumps...But also remember everyone of us is different.  We all have the same dx of sjogrins but it effects everyone different.... someone may have only one dx  with few problems with it and then others have more dxes along with Sjogrins that makes things a lot worse for those folks. 

Learn to take one day at a time and make the best of it.... enjoy whatever you can with each day... for some  days that might be working or spending time with a friend or days you might be only lucky enough to get a hug from hubby, your kids or grandkids and you are done in... You will learn sometime the best thing to learn is how to pace your life.  Try to stay positive as much as you can.... I know this can very hard but it is worth the effort.

Carrottop50

MusicGuy

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
Since my diagnosis a year ago, i have noticed that my symptoms fluctuate from time to time.  I developed something new lately and going to the rheumotologist tomorrow.  I went to family doc and he wasn't sure what it was.  (I lost  hair on my calves).

Dave

lesleyjoy

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »
Another Yep here...I have a set of symptoms that do the rounds from time to time. A couple of them can disappear for a year or more, just to return when they're ready. The dryness ones are present all the time but even they fluctuate from time to time  :-X

Cheers Lesley (NZ)

lamm

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
All the up and down with the symptoms, is exactly why I never really suspected this. The verdicts still out, seeing as how the doctor hasn't recieved the results from my bloodwork yet, but he seemed pretty sure this is what I've got.  I'm still not quite sure, and I'm fully expecting him to say that all the tests were negative! Only because I've been through similar testing before, and all they can ever tell me is that,"We know you have some kind of auto-immune disease, we just don't know which one yet."??? Not very comforting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an actual diagnosis this time. I'm glad I found this forum, I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
Hello Lamm, welcome to Sjogren's World.

I hope you do get an actual diagnosis this time, but even if you don't , you're very welcomed here and we know what you are feeling...many people here are in the same boat:"some unidentified Autoimmune disease"!

I'd like to invite you to post a bit of an introduction in the newbies section, so we can get to know you.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld