Author Topic: Blizzard Coming  (Read 14763 times)

Collie

Re: Blizzard Coming
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »
Sorry Guys, I guess I sent the storm to you. I live along the front range of the rockies and had a dusting of snow yesterday and today and then sent the storm on its merry way. Enjoy your white Christmas, and will be praying you are all safe and warm.

Collie

Mark54

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 06:21:08 AM »
Eyeamdry,
     We got another ice storm last night! We are still recovering from the one last Thursday. There are 40,000 people still without power! Luckily we have electricity. You mentioned sun. What is that? Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

God's blessings,

Mark....

eyeamdry

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Mark, I'm sorry about the people in your area without power.  I've been there. Fortunately, we have not experienced that so far.  I've never seen so many storms in such a short time!  To be very weird, it rained today and melted some of the snow.  Now it will be cold tomorrow.  We all need to keep out galoshes and warm coats ready.  Lucy

Mark54

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 04:58:52 AM »
So much for the "global warming" theory!!

God's blessings,

Mark....

SeaBreeze

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
Its going to be 60's here on weekend ! 4 degrees last week... that's New England for ya !

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 08:28:01 AM »
Hey sea,
NW ark presented - 5 degrees a week ago with 0 windchill, yesterday 70 degrees, and so warm in the evening we had our attic fan on.  ;D

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »
We're "only" six days into winter and what an array of weather we've had . . . freezing rain, sleet, snow, high winds - windchills below zero, fog, "regular" rain, ice.  Last night it rained and warmed up and melted all our snow and ice (yay, several people have landed on their bums . . was scared to go out on it - don't need any broken bones), so we're in the upper 50's today and now we're under thunderstorm / tornado watches and warnings!!  Oh my . . . gonna be a l-o-n-g winter.   ???

Be safe, warm and careful in whatever "array" of weather you have. 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
It's 62 degrees right now in southern Michigan.  Much like bucky's report.  Yesterday, ice covered everything and then started melting.  It has rained all day here and tv just said several main roads are closed because they are flooded.  One is routs 31.  I think it is going to be above freezing tomorrow, but not much.  Weird, weird weather.  We were also below zero within the last week as others reported.  This will be an exciting winter.  My husband is headed out to get groceries at 6 pm on Saturday night.  Not a bad idea, we'll at least have food.   Lucy

SeaBreeze

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
The timing is not good for Boston's First Night celebration.  They are known for the awesome ice sculptures.  Today and the next couple days are going to be at least  50+60 degrees and they have to work on them inside warehouses where its cold enough.. lol... Weather for NY eve should be below freezing though...

genko_b

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
The piles of snow that have fallen on Seattle the last couple of weeks have begun to melt. A good thing too. Our city and county have no clue how to deal with the white stuff. Being so hilly, driving here has been quite treacherous. We were able to get together with the folks who live close by, but my foster brother could not make it here, and I was unable to get to the prison Christmas Day to see my guys there.

Fortunately we never lost our power or heat in the storms.

I've had plenty to keep me busy, though, figuring out the digital camera and photo frame my daughter gave me for Christmas.

Genko

eyeamdry

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »
For folks who live in places where snow is not the usual thing, I know it's hard when no one knows quite what to do.  They usually don't have equipment or adequate equipment to handle the occasional large accumulation of snow.  People have no idea whatsoever how to drive on snowy roads.

in Michigan, we have the equipment and most of us have the good sense to drive according to conditions.  In the beginning of each winter though, many just don't remember they have to be light on the gas pedal and end up in the ditch and needing to call a wrecker.  Keep warm and happy everyone.  Happy New Year.  Lucy

SeaBreeze

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »
I caught the end of a story of Pres Elect Obama and family lost power in Hawaii for 11 hours...

eyeamdry

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 06:44:23 PM »
It was 61 degrees here yesterday (Saturday) and set a record.  It rained all day, melting the two foot of snow we had accumulated.  Now, we have water all over, mud and soggy land.  We have snow piles where snow has been pushed into snow banks.  The weatherman said our temperatures changed by 31 degrees between yesterday and today.  You know it is cold again!  IF the sun shines tomorrow, it will only be the third day of sunshine in December.  Holding out for a better forecast for the new year!  Lucy

Collie

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
I was watching a show on T.V., (Don't remember the channel, maybe discovery channel) the person doing the show was saying that globally, this has been the coldest year on record in almost 40 years.

Collie

eyeamdry

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »
All the snow has melted except for snow banks and there is water everywhere.  Flood warnings for area rivers are in affect for some time.  We are ok here, our house is safe, but our one acre is basically a pond.  It turned cold, so this will be interesting now to see if we have a skating rink.  At least the roads are clear.  In fact, some of the roads have washed out from the flooding.  Lucy