Author Topic: Blizzard Coming  (Read 14721 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Blizzard Coming
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »
The Mpls radio station said this PM that around 3PM the temp went above zero. It has warmed up enough that our furnace isn't running as much and that horrible cold feeling is gone from the house..

Arouond 10PM tonight I looked out and the air had that sort of slightly hazy look like ice crystals and like it could start to snow. That's what happens. It warms up and the snow starts in again!!! I havaen't been any place for 1 week and may not go out until on Monday when hubby goes to cardiologist.

I know I am old cause I would never have thought that I could stay home this long. Back in my younger days it seemed like I was on the road all the time. Stay warm and well. Irish ;D

BonusMom

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
I'm a Cali Girl through and through-even a natural blonde (have never surfed though). Although I grew up some 45 miles east of Sacramento (towards Lake Tahoe) and we had our share of snow, I was a kid and it was fun when it snowed-unlike being an adult shoveling or driving in that stuff :) I wouldn't know how to live in the sub-zero temps you folks are going through (or the humidity in the summer)!  Yet, you all manage effortlessly because it's what you've always known.  My hat's off to you (but I'll keep my mittens cause my hands are always cold!)

Lana

Chico

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »
Well we moved to Western MD for the cool summers, at -10 tonight guess the winters  are pretty cool too. Snow and ice on the ground. Good news is it makes for a wonderful guiltless very lazy weekend. Wishing everyone a good one.

Chico

Pooh

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 05:11:02 AM »
Chico, I woke up this morning here in PA to our Atomic Clock reading 0 for the temp.  If the time hadn't been visible I would have thought it needed new batteries.   :D  Brrrr, it is cold out there.

Stay warm, stay safe and enjoy that lazy day. ;D  I really should go to the grocery store, but I think I'll check the freezer again.  If I'm lucky I can put the trip off until Monday.  ;)

Hugs, Pooh