Author Topic: Let me OFF this Ride.......  (Read 2843 times)

DesignerS

Let me OFF this Ride.......
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »
Seriously, I know that many of you struggle with something new all of the time, but I want off this ride!  I didn't know every day could bring you new and wonderful news! ::)
I just find out the dr. is looking for Sarcoidosis and get xrays done.  They have found a "mass" as the dr. calls it and I need more xrays.  I catch a virus on Sunday evening and this morning I am in the dr. office with a lung infection, fever, and very sick.  On breathing treatments and antibiotics which will of course bring on the yeast. LOL
I get mail from the Rheum. dr. today and it says that I am "borderline" RA. 
I really don't mean to complain, just very surprised how fast your life can turn upside down.  I know you all have been through this same stuff, it just makes you a little nervous about tomorrow.  :'(

Designer

Collie

Re: Let me OFF this Ride.......
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »
I am sorry you are having so many things to face at one time; things do seem to get overwhelming, esp when so many things come at us all at once. I know when things get like this the only thing I can do is sit down and have a good cry and let the cookie crumble because there is nothing we can do change the situation.

Let us know how you fare at the Doc.

Collie

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »
Hi Designer  :)

I'm sorry you're going through all this too. Seems like it never rains but it pours. Hang on in there. Things will stabilise eventually. Not soon enough - but they will!

Do eat yogurt. It helps stave off the thrush!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Billydude

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
I'm sorry too.  I certainly know how you feel and wouldn't mind getting off this ride too.    Hang in there.  We all have the good days and bad days.
Steve

Pooh

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »
Hi De,
Sorry to hear of this latest turn in the road.  I guess with Christmas coming Sjs is gift giving again.  Don't stop looking for the return receipt, it just might be there somewhere. ;)

I hope all goes well and things settle down for you.  It's bad enough at anytime, but the holidays seem to blow it up out of all proportions.  I think it's the added stress we are all under now.   Please try to relax and let your body heal and let us know how you are doing. 

Hugs, Pooh

Tinker

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »
Hi Designer,

What a shocking result of a little virus.  I know you are worried about the sarcoidosis as any of us would be.  RA is no fun either. 

Sorry you are sooo ill.  Sending you bear hugs and good wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Yes, I'd love to get off this ride, too.  xoxoxo Tinker

genko_b

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 05:58:32 PM »
Things do seem to come in clumps, don't they? It is not at all unusual to have more than one auto-immune disease label given to you by the doctor. I have RA as well and honestly it is the least of my concerns at this point. The medications really helped stop the joint damage for me, and the fatigue was the same whether it came from the Sjogren's, the RA, or everything put together. At some point you can't be any more exhausted than you already are.

If only someone had a magic wand. . .

Genko