Author Topic: Just a quick Hi!  (Read 2464 times)

ktfabian

Just a quick Hi!
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »
Hi everyone-

I stopped by to read a few posts today and was sorry to see I'm not the only one having health problems keeping them off the board.

My SJs is actually in pretty good shape.  I'm down to 2mg of medrol from a high of 16, and though I'm a bit more achey, I can handle it. I see my rheumy tomorrow and see what he thinks of how things are going.

I'm having surgery Sept. 23 to move my morphine pump.  It's in a dacron pouch that was stitched into my belly, but the stitches have come loose and it lodges up under my waistband  and even gets as high as my first rib. So the doctor who put it in is going to move it and re-anchor it.  Should be a one day hospital stay.

I'm still having trouble with my back.  Lyrica has helped, but my pain doctor has sent me back to a neurosurgeon to get a better handle on just what is causing the pain.  I don't like the neurosurgeon I've been seeing, but I've already got another name for another opinion.

It looks like my son may be going to Iraq after all.  He leaves next Tuesday for 2 weeks of training, then comes home for 4 days and, they THINK, still haven't decided, that he'll then leave for 3 months of additional training, be home for 10 days at Christmas, then on his way to ??? Every day brings something new. It's nerve wracking.

Adding to the nerves is the fact that my husband has decided he no longer need anitdepressants (His decision, not the doctor's) and after 2 months offs, has become almost impossible to live with.  He's made it plain that he blames the financial downfall of our family on me and constantly picks fights over the stupidest things - peanut butter, for example.  I've already been to a divorce attorney and until we finish paying off our bankruptcy in 2 years, the lawyer doesn't recommend I leave.  So for now, I'm trying to create a place to get away from him and toughing it out.  It stinks.

Well, that's all the news.  I wish I'd read of more good things going on with all of you.  I do lurk from time to time, and will be back after my surgery, which should help make it a bit easier to sit at the computer.

My best to everyone, Tracy

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Just a quick Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
Hi Tracy  :)

Good to see you. I'm glad the SjS is tolerable right now although it sounds as though it's about the only thing that is!

I'm so sorry that your son is still possibly going to be sent. sorry for him and for you.

I can't imagine the situation with your husband. That must be sooooo hard. I know that someone who should be on mediaction - and isn't can be really horrible. My oldest son came off antidepressants himself - slid straight back into the 'abyss' and was a pain in the bum to have around.

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that you find a neurosurgeon that you like.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Nettie

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:26:12 AM »
Tracy, it's good to hear from you.  I'm sorry that you have been going through so much and that you have to endore so much as a result of your husband's depression/condition. 

I like you can relate to having to create a happy place for yourself as I am usually a happy and upbeat person despite the effects of my illness and I try to do everything I can to stay that way. 

I'm sorry to hear that your son may be heading to Iraq, especially while you are already dealing with so much as a result of your husband's condition. 

Take care, Nettie

Pooh

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:18 AM »
Hi Tracy,
I've been wondering where you have been.  Sorry to hear about all the stressful events going on in your life.  I truly hope things settle down for you after your surgery. 

I will keep you and your son in my prayers, as I do all our young men and women serving in this mess.

Take care and keep us posted on your surgery goes.

Hugs and God Bless,
Pooh