Author Topic: Hospital AGAIN and other updates....  (Read 21294 times)

wordnerd

Hospital AGAIN and other updates....
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »
I feel bad that I have been around much.  I've had a really bad few months.  The move was stressful and my parents getting separated was stressful.  All my symptoms were flared to the point I couldn't really help with moving at all.  Then I had the last part of my bladder stimulator surgery a few days after moving.  It went fine but afterward my salivary glands started swelling to the point I couldn't keep my tongue in my mouth.  So I had to stay overnight and get a bunch of extra prednisone.

Then last Wednesday morning I woke up at 6am with violent chills, a horrible headache, chest pain, and a fever of 102.1.  I went to see my doctor who saw me for about 1 minute before sending me over to be admitted to the hospital.  They started me on two IV antibiotics as a precaution since I'm on several suppressants.  It turned out to be a good thing because my blood culture came back positive a few days later.  So I'm back in the hospital AGAIN.  This time with a blood infection.  Complete with a pic line.  According to the infectious disease doctor I'll get to go home Sunday or Monday if everything goes smoothly.

And then when I kick this infection and get to go home, I'll probably be starting on something like Rituxin because my AI stuff is just so out of control I can't function.  I haven't been even wanting to get up to go to the bathroom because I've been in so much pain.  But this has been a scary taste of what its like to get an infection when you are immunosuppressed.

Between all of this (and tons more that I don't even have the energy to write about) I haven't been able to devote much time to Sjogren's World.  And what time and energy I have had I've been needing to spend doing things that have nothing to do with my health issues.  Because it feels like pretty much my whole life right now is consumed with my health issues.

So I've decided to leave the moderator position and go back to being a regular member of Sjogren's World for now.  I really appreciate how much everyone here has been there for me!  You've all given me so much!  But I haven't been able to give back that way lately.  So I feel like this is the right thing to do.

*hugs*

-Lauren 

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Hospital AGAIN and other updates....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »
Lauren, I had noticed that you weren't around hardly at all lately. It is summer and I knew that you were busy so figured all was half way well. Well, I figured wrong and I am so, so sorry that you have had such a hard time. It iseems like when it rains on you it is like a bucket of water being dumped for hours.

Just too much stress in your life lately. Moving is hard enough for a healthy person and I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you. When a person has to depend on others to do things it really is stressful. You want to do it and then the guilt because you can't is terrible. We know that you sure aren't trying to get out of work and I would think that everyone else understands that your health interferes many times.

It sounds like the infection is getting tamed down. I would imagine you will be on the PIC line for a few weeks at least. Hopefully, the Rituxin will get your immune system in order. You must have to just keep trying meds until you find the stuff that will work.

I am sorry that your parents are getting divorced, but with all your health issues I would assume that you are at the point where they will just have to deal and cope with this on their own. As Dr. Laura would say, they are grown-ups and have to take the responsibility for their own behaviors. Maybe when all this is over things will be less stressful for you.

It is too bad that you had to quit being a moderator, but I understand completely. I was a moderator for a year or so(can't even remember anymore how long it was) and when my health was getting worse I just had to quit. The important thing is that you take care of yourself. We all love it when you are able to post as you have much interesting information. So just rest and get well and when you feel up to posting do so. We all understand. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs Irish ;D

wordnerd

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »
Thanks Irish!  It feels like its been a deluge lately.  But I try to let all the stressful stuff flow past me and not let it bog me down and dampen my spirits (to use a lot of ironically wet metaphors for my very dry life :D ).  This too shall pass.  Go with the flow.  et al

Its actually been less stressful already without my dad around.  I would say you are right on about the guilt.  I am my own worst enemy in that regard.  But somehow I'm coping.

Thank you for understanding.  Hopefully after I take some time to take care of myself I will be able to be here more the way I want to be.  Interesting info and all :) 

-Lauren

(Also.... I know there are several PMs that have gone unanswered!  I'm really sorry, and will try to answer them as soon as I can!)

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:27:14 AM »
The first rule of helping others, is to keep yourself well enough to do so! So sorry you've been flooded with these problems, physical and emotional. Not much wonder you are so sick...moving and parental discord would effect even healthy people, throw in surgery and infection on top of chronic illness and it shows what an incredibly strong woman you are to even consider volunteering here!

We'll look forward to your "full time" return, knowing it means your life is ordered again, and you are feeling healthier. Meanwhile , post when you can, but don't over-do!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

downrabbithole

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
I am so sorry about your health issues. My prayers and thoughts are with you. You are such a sweetie and deserve nothing but the best!

Katybarstool

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:14:15 PM »
Lauren

I am delighted to see you posting again, although very sad that you have been so sick and stressed out.  Look after yourself, honey, and we will be here anytime you want to chat.

Hugs
Kathyx

Victoria05202000

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »
I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care!
Vicky

Skylar

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi Lauren, I'm so sorry that your back again in the hospital. Hopefully with the move and your parents' divorce behind you, you can work towards getting healthy again. (((HUGS)))

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 02:19:59 PM »
Hi Lauren  :)     

Good to see you! I was worried about you. You just take care of yourself and don't worry your head about sjogren's world. We'll still be here when you're feeling fitter.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Patze

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
Hi Lauren,

I'm sorry to see that you've had so many problems lately, wow, and you didn't kill anyone either?  You're good!!!! ;) ;D

Hey, put your efforts into getting better as we'll be there when you're ready.

Please take care -

Patze
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:08:05 PM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

genko_b

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:25:50 PM »
Thanks for posting to let us all know how you are doing. But sorry it is because of all the stress and sickness. I really hope things begin to get better for you soon - you certainly deserve a break!

Genko

wordnerd

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 03:29:07 PM »
Thank you everyone!  Its good to know all of you are thinking good thoughts for me!

Love,
Lauren

Carol-D

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
Bless your heart, Lauren....sorry you're going through all of this.  All my good thoughts are coming your way...Carol

lynnmarie219

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »
[(((((((((Lauren))))))))

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way! I hope that you are back to feeling better soon and we will be here when you are ready to come back!

Please take good care of yourself.....

pudmott

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:39 AM »
Hi Lauren,
We haven't actually met yet, i've only recently returned home to the community. I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. Concentrate on getting yourself better and get back when you can. There are lots of us here and are happy to help out when and where possible.
I hope you continue going from strength to strength and get well. It sounds like the docs have things happening ok with the medical stuff. the head stuff is up to you. Allow yourself to relax and recoouperate. Taking time out is not failing or coping out. its is wisely recognising that you need to recharge before moving on. heed what your body tells you. Even if the messages get a bit scrambled along the way....

Hope you are feeling better soon

Pud