Author Topic: ::) What do you drink for liquids?  (Read 7658 times)

Skylar

::) What do you drink for liquids?
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:59:45 AM »
 ::) I drink a ton of plain tap water (with ice). I dislike hot fluids like tea and coffee. I rarely drink sodas like Coke at home, but I find them helpful when I'm out and about and I don't want to drink too much. I'm not sure why, when I drink soda, I feel refreshed with far less fluid intake than I do with water.

What do you drink? Do you think some fluids are more beneficial for Sjoggies than others?

Skylar

Pooh

Re: ::) What do you drink for liquids?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:29:28 AM »
Hi Skylar,
I drink water most of the time simply because I don't care for soda.  I found the Crystal Light On The Go packets.  I carry several of the packets (or tubes) either in my purse or pocket of my blouse or shirt.  I particularly like the Classic Orange.  All you do is pour one of the packets into a bottle (or glass) of water and either shake it or stir until it's mixed.  It's sugar free so it doesn't leave a sweet taste in my mouth and make you more thirsty.

There are quite a few flavors in this product.  I hope you discover something that you like as much.

Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
Hi  :)

I try to sip water rather than to drink loads of it. I do drink a lot of tea though but I know I shouldn't because it doesn't do my irritable bladder any favours. I'm not keen on sodas - but in my case that's a good thing. I have poor tooth enamel and the CO2 in sodas goes for them.

I wish we could get Crystal Light in the UK because I used it in the US and it's very good.

Lemon and ginger tea is good. Both lemon and ginger are saliva stimulants.

Liquids without sugar in them are better for Sjoggies!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Reanne

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:45 AM »
Water is my favorite drink. I like coffee in the mornings. I sometimes drink tea when eating out. I like a soda once in awhile when I have a hamburger.

reanne

Debora

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »
Ice cold LEMONADE!!!!

Sometimes I do 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade.  I do like my sodas but try to not over do it.

Debora

eyeamdry

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »
Bad, bad, bad..........Diet Coke..........and water and tea.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:04 PM »
I drink water, decaf coffee and tea, mix diet, caffiene free pepsi half and half with regular pepsi, and flavored carbonated water. Anything with carbonation seems to cut the thick mucus that I have. I also use a lot, and I mean a lot, of ice in my cold drinks and I like to chew on the ice. I try to wait until it has softened up. I havae dentures so I don't worry about breaking a tooth. :D

Water is the best for us and I try to alternate water with my other fluids. I don't drink fast but sip much of the day. Irish ;D

downrabbithole

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:16:55 PM »
I am a self-confessed Diet Coke addict. Its kind of gross really....but I do find it refreshing on a hot day! (Or any day, who am I kidding?)

I also like Crystal Lite and Iced Tea, but I rarely shop where they sell "processed" foods, and therefore I don't get Crystal Lite. I just have to make an extra trip to the drug store for my Diet Cokes! haha.

deina

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 04:21:25 AM »
I usually drink water or mineral water, then lots of tea (green or black tea), Crodino with orange juice (that's some herbal drink, it's very good), cappuccino sometimes or cafe late (I don't like strong black coffee), kofola (that's similar to Coke) and I also like gin-tonic very much with lemon, that seems to do good to my mouth (I've got more saliva when I drink it).

Skylar

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 05:02:39 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I learned something that I should have realized, that I need to stop gulping down my water, instead, I should sip it through the day. Deina, I checked Wiki to read about your kofola -sounds like an interesting drink.

Skylar

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
I drink gatorade but don't mix it as strong as they say, and I drink 1/2 oj and 1/2 club soda for mineral balance, but mostly water. A bit of tea hot or iced and a bit of coffee but both always decafe but they are dieuretics, and nver drink sugar-free anything the artificial sweeteners make me feel sick. In the summer a smootie by the pool is nice. Sandra

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
  Pure Apple Juice is my thirst quencher, and pure Pineapple is my mouth soother.. very good for cleansing, refreshing and calming a sore dry mouth... Dolly  PS.   but.... I love my tea!!

Patze

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »
Okay, let's see...  Like Lucy, I'm a Diet Coke fanatic, then ice tea (with no sugar), and finally water.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Katybarstool

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
I drink ta and lots of water ... and the occassional whisky  :)

In response to someone's comment about thick mucous, I recommend lime cordial. Years ago when I had tonsillitis, an elderly neighbour recommended it, and it worked beautifully. In the UK, I find that Roses Lime juice is the best.

Kathy

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:40 AM »
Oops..,. meant tea!