Author Topic: Coffee To Service People  (Read 2750 times)

salsen

Coffee To Service People
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »
I am from south Louisiana and this area is well known for its Community Coffee.  This regional favorite is becoming more well known around the country as a rich flavorful coffee.  Community Coffee is a family owned business that has been  around for 88 years and is popular almost anywhere you can buy a cup of coffee.   This morning I heard on the local tv station that for the past two years they have sponsored a program to help ship coffee to service personnel located anywhere in the world. 

If you go to their website communitycoffee.com you will be able to order from the company.  If you order 4lbs. of coffee to send to someone in the service they will match the order.  (4 lbs ordered/ 8lbs will be shipped).  A pound is currently going for $5.49 per pound plus shipping.  They made it clear the package will be mailed to the individual person at their APO address.  It is their way of supporting the troops and bringing them a little touch of home.  On their home page is a title called Military Match - this will explain their program. 

With so many on this forum who have family and friends in the service, I thought some of you may be interested in this program.  This is a very reliable company that has been involved in community projects for years.  Local children save community coupons which come off the package.  Each school is able to trade certain quantities of coupons for equipment the school may need.  This has been an on going program for years.  I mention this so you will know this is a company that can be trusted. 

Hope this information will help some of you and you and yours will enjoy a little taste of south Louisiana. 

Pooh

Re: Coffee To Service People
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:14:36 AM »
Hi Salsen,
I think sounds like a wonderful company.  I know the men and women of our services will love the coffee.  Thanks for posting the website. 

Hugs, Pooh

Shari

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »
   As a child I remember helping to bake cookies and boxing those up with other assorted things to send off.  The treats and useful items were very appreciated by my Brother.  It's amazing how he could describe how wonderful a slightly stale, broken chocolate chip cookie could taste!

Thanks Salsen~~Shari~~

lynnmarie219

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »
Hi Salsen!

Thanks for this information! I think it sounds like a wonderful idea done by a wonderful company!

ktfabian

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »
Hi Salsen-

Thanks for the information.  I'll definitely check out the site to send coffee to my adopted soldier and keep in it mind for when my son is deployed.

I always like to hear about the companies that are supporting our troops!

Tracy