Author Topic: overwhelming anger  (Read 9178 times)

modistee

Re: overwhelming anger
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 06:23:43 AM »
This is a very interesting thread.  I am still not officially diagnosed with anything but have symptoms that could perfectly match Sjogrens or maybe CFS.  Do I get angry??   The only thing I get angry at is the Drs. who insist I am depressed and need to take an anitidepressant.   They keep telling me they don't know what is wrong with me and can't treat me if they don't know what to treat me fo,r but still they just know I am depressed.  Like my hubby says I am not depressed I am sick.  I do want to say that I feel very very badly for all the younguns who are extremely worse off than me.  It does not seem fair for them to be that ill soooo soon in their lives.  But maybe this is all part of a greater plan.  *sigh*    (hugs to all of you)

Modistee

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »
modistee, I can totally relate to your problem. I have had one clinic that just would not listen to me and always wanted to send me to their psychiatric department cause they just knew that it was"all in my head". Well sorry folks, but I now havae documented diagnoses that point to aboaut 5 autoimmune disease. I told them all along that it was not psychiatric and they even documented that.

Anyway, it just occured to me that it would be interesting to see what would happen if you took an antidepressant. Have you ever been to a psychiatrist for an evaluation. You very well may not be depressed and if you could get it documented that would be great. Also, please keep in mind that chronic illness of any kind does cause a depletion of the chemicals in the brain. It is not unusual to have a depression. This does not mean the boo-hoo tears etc.

Also, I am curious if you have seen a woman doc who says that you are depressed. I think that men docs are much more prone to label women as hysterical or depressed. Doesn't it make you just want to walk up and slap them???? Dream on!!! Hopefully you will keep on going til you find the doctor that will diagnose you. It takes a long time. It took me about 10 years or so and I had not been healthy for the previous 30 years or so. Irish ;D

JannaLee

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »
Ditto what Irish said.

I would investigate the psych thing to rule it out once and for all.  For pete's sake they need to stop using that excuse when they don't know what is wrong!  Remarks like that are "crazy making" and the resulting elevated level of frustration + untreated disease could actually make you become depressed!

It has been my (general, not always) experience that women doctors treat me better because they listen all the way to the end of my sentence before making up their mind.  And frankly they don't seem to feel threatened by my opinions, ideas, input like the men do.

I honestly think I get a certain "tone" in my voice in the Doctor's office that is off putting to men. 

eyeamdry

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »
I think boards like this, and specifically threads like this one help us more than anything.  This stupid disease is so unusual and rather rare that it's easy for docs to brush us off.  When several women write the same thing in black and white, we KNOW there is something to what we are saying and we aren't crazy.  Just because some of the doctors don't know, or won't take the time to learn about it, doesn't mean it's not there, or that it's not real.

I've had to do my own research on my eyes for many years.  I've found others with the same problems.  It is me who suggests to the doctor what to try next.   A new doctor will always start with things that I've already tried (and are obvious to me) and it's apparent he/she doesn't realize that it doesn't take a genius to understand dry eyes.   

To Janna Lee
I honestly think I get a certain "tone" in my voice in the Doctor's office that is off putting to men.

I don't think this is the case, but you've probably been conditioned to think this way.   If it's the case, we all must have "that tone."  It's nothing you do, or have done.  It's the doctors trifling with you.  Lucy

Shari

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »
Kim~~How are you doing today??

~~Shari~~

JannaLee

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »
Dear Lucy,

Will you marry me?  Your reply was the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me!

Feelin' so validated,
Janna Lee

kcoffiner

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »
Hi:

Doing a little better today. I read a book which with my dry eyes and all is an accomplishment. Still freaked out about my new job though. Job doesn't start until June but wished it was tomorrow so I can see whether or not it is possible for me or not. The suspense is killing me.

Shari

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »
I allways hated starting a new job..so anxious about it and looked forward to knowing that soon it would be old hat.

I know you will do fine...It would all be easier if we felt like a million bucks !

I love reading also but have to remember to put moisturizing drops in my eyes once in a while.  I take a book with me to Doctors appointments now and I don't mind if i have to wait!!  I'm a little dissapointed if I don't get to read a bit!!

Take care and chin up..thinking of you  ~~Shari~~