Author Topic: OFF TOPIC-JOEY  (Read 7591 times)

salsen

Re: OFF TOPIC-JOEY
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
Poor little Joey  -  he will need a lot of loves and hugs.  Just like for people.  hospitals are needed but there is no place like home to heal and get well.  Hope you all have a joyous re-union - so glad he was found!

genko_b

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »
So glad the little one is back! Let us know how he is doing.

Genko

Katybarstool

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:24:29 AM »
Welcome back Joey.

Kathyx

Nettie

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
Susan, I'm so glad to hear Joey will be home soon and is recovering from his injuries. 

Nettie

Rania

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
Well, prayers and healing really do help!  ;)

I'm so happy for you!

Gentle hugs from Rania :)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »
Joey is home!! He is staying in one spot on a nice comfy dog bed. My husband said they told him at the vet he was still not eating or driniking. Well, at home he has been eating and drinking almost not stop. The only thing that concerns me is his left front paw he cant hardly stand on it. It also has a scrape on it from the hit, but he wont walk around due to how it must be.  I thought I guess if it wasnt broke he would be able to stand on it by now. I am glad he is home though, and I can tell he is happy to be here.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

lynnmarie219

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »
Thank goodness he is home Susan! And I'm glad he is eating and drinking again! He just wanted to be home! Keep an eye on his poor little paw.....but I'm sure he will get better day by day now that he is home where he wants to be and where he should be!

I'm happy this had a happy ending!

Continued healing wished for Joey!

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
Update on Joey= We took him back to the vet the other day. He is so much better, but still folded under his one paw, and one back leg we started noticing he would limp a bit, and makes a quick little noise sometimes when he is laying down. Not a cough, or sneeze, but almost the sound a cat makes when having a hair ball, but it only would last a couple of seconds. The vet watched him walk around, and did another xray.

He said he is doing well, but the problems are neurological. He said that part  might get better or not, but was otherwise doing well. He gave us some more pain pills to give him as needed, and some prednisone for inflammation. Poor Joey has inflammation now like all of us do.  ??? We told him little Joey is our baby forever no matter what.  :)

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

lynnmarie219

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
Thanks for the update on Joey Susan! Yes...our pets are with us through thick and thin and in sickness and in health......sounds familiar , huh?  ;) l I have had pets go through blood transfusions and IV therapy at home and so many other things. I look at it this way. If they are not in pain or suffering....have the desire to live...I will do whatever it takes to make their life long and happy for them. So I do understand.....and good for you!

Give Joey a little gentle hug from me! 

Annj5

• Reasonably Well
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 09:28:34 PM »
Susan,

I am so glad that you have your little fur-baby back home!

My pets are so much more than just pets to me - they are part of our family. sounds like you feel the same way.
I hope Jo-jo is all better soon.
Hugs,
Julia