Author Topic: About prayers, good wishes and so on.  (Read 7785 times)

Rania

About prayers, good wishes and so on.
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:01:11 AM »
I just want you all to know that even though I'm not too often in the threads about prayers, I see them and I do have you all in mind. I have a heart shaped box, and in that one I put names of those who need extra prayers, healing and good vibrations, and then I start healing, praying and things like that.

It doesn't mean that I don't care about those of you who ask for prayers if I don't respond to your thread. I write down your screen name (real name if i know it), and have you in my box and I remember you.

I put a lot of effort I making that box looking as pretty as possible. I found some beautiful paper and glued it to it, like decoupage. Then I found a very old picture of an angel and put it on the top of the box. I also made a ribbon and some silk flowers to decorate with too. The box help me to remember you and to help me bring all the prayers to where they're supposed to go. I empty the box every night, and read each name over again and put them in the box, just to remember each person that I'm supposed to remember. Some days I have to make new names on a piece of paper too, so the box has a lot of names now!

Rania  :)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:02:52 AM by Rania »

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: About prayers, good wishes and so on.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:46:56 AM »
Rania, what a lovely, thoughtful idea.

Reminds me of something my grandmother told me...an act started in prayer carries the prayer until the act is completed. It took me a while to figure out what she meant, but I think of it as keeping the prayer going even when the "open dialog" has ended.

I, too, often neglect to actually post in those threads, but the prayers are there. I light a candle and say a prayer for everyone who asks for it, (and some who don't). It seems I always have a candle (sometimes more) burning, but that just reminds me of my friends, and the light they bring into my life.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:40:30 AM »
Hi

Rania that's such a lovely idea.

I'm another one who doesn't always answer threads. I don't pray. I'm not a believer. I do wish people well, however and try to add some positive thinking in there.

Take care - Scottie  :)

http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Shari

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
Lovely idea Rania and  Iknow we appriciate you letting us know that you think of us.

Scottie~~~Thinking of others and wishing them well brings good things their way.  One does not need to pray for good  to come.  I often wish ~~Essences~~~Shari

wordnerd

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »
Aw Rania... that is so sweet of you.  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts  :)

-Lauren

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:56 PM »
Rania,

That is a beautiful way of keeping people in your thoughts and prayers.....thank you for sharing it with us! We all have our own way to remember or pray for others, think positive thoughts of others , etc.....its so personal and individual....but yet its all the same really.....just caring for each other in our own individual ways. Kinda nice I think!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »
rania, What a neat way to remember those who need our thoughts and prayers. Most of us don't take the time to make it suce a personal thing. Now we will all know that you have this way of remembering us all at our time of need. Irish ; ;DD

Pooh

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »
Rania, I guess we are more alike than we once thought.  I love the idea of your prayer box.  

I have those little 1" X 2" Post it Notes that I write the names of those who need a special thought or prayer and stick them on the top of my monitor.  I try each night after shutting down for the night, to sit quietly and say my prayers and send my thoughts to those I care so much about.  

I love the idea of your box because I knock my sticky notes down sometimes when reaching for disks over top my monitor.  

Take care and know that you are in my prayers always.  

Hugs, Pooh

LenV

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
Rania,
I hope you don't mind if I make a similar box.  It is just such a lovely thought and a way of getting my thoughts all in one place so I don't miss anyone.  With my overloaded memory I don't always accomplish the things I really want to.  The box would be a constant reminder.  Thank you for a lovely idea and a beautiful thought.  I know I can always count on you to make beautiful memories for me.

Billye

YICKelly

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
What a lovely way to remember!   I also pray from little stick it notes.  I may change it now!  I can't light candles in my home because of the birds, but I do imagine one sometimes when I am praying.  Thank you so much.

stegello08

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
Rania...I just love that idea. I think I will also go along with Billye and make a box like that. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and of course...everyone on here is always in mine. :)

Debora

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
Hi Rania

I'm with the rest of the others and think that is such a neat idea, I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea and your name will be the first one in the box!

Debora

salsen

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
Rania  how nice !  Many ceremonies have this same action of placing prayers together in a container - possibly it helps us to concentrate on the needs better.  I belong to a prayer circle and have a book where intentions are written.  I try to remember to add request that come from the forum too.  Then I pass them on to my Mom who has a prayer group in the town where she lives. 

Whichever way prayers are gathered, they are powerful.  They give us strength and courage to fight and hope we can conquer all obstacles.   I will add a thank you prayer to my book for wonderful people like you in this world who have such  a giving spirit.

agatha

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 02:28:24 AM »
Cool idea Rania.

Speaking of prayers, has anyone seen the healing revival led by Todd Bentley in Lakeland, Florida - it's on God TV every evening at the moment and people are reporting some astonishing healings there - if anyone lives close it would be great to go and get prayed for.
love
Agatha

stegello08

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »
Yes!!!! I just heard about the revival Todd Bentley is having from a friend. I was going to watch it online, but my internet was acting up.