Author Topic: Concerned about your weight?  (Read 34381 times)

Debora

Re: Concerned about your weight?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:58 AM »
I also dip my fruit in yogurt!

Patze:  Try dipping chocolate graham crackers in applesauce!   ;D 

I do try to take it easy on that, (haha) the applesauce helps the graham crackers go down easier same with graham crackers and yogurt!

Debora

Patze

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »
Hi Debora,

That sounds so good!  I better go buy some graham crackers tomorrow!!! :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Annj5

• Reasonably Well
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
Applesauce sounds yummy and healthy.
When I want to splurge, I dunk chocolate graham crackers into sugar free chocolate pudding, and top with a bit of cool whip free. Yummmmmmmm
Julia

Debora

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »
ohhh Julia that sounds good!!!

I buy the whip cream that has 1/2 the calories so that I can have twice the amount..........   ;D

Take Care
Deb

greenbean

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:50 PM »
I gained weight because sjogrens fatigue plus i'll add in some depression and frustration.  Also the pain ruined my running and racing(and i mean 5k's on the weekends not professional) fun.  Now I am loosing ........some but I have  the pooch, you know the food baby.  Some times it's a chinese food baby some times it's mexican but mostly it's it's a grilled cheese food baby.  I've never been pregnant with an actual human baby but right there between my ribs and pelvis contently lies, and I know it's content cause it's not %$#$%^^& going anywhere is my food baby.  It has been nutured, NURISHED, and NOTICED.  But come on it's been well over 9 months and you gotts go food bebe.    Sorry but I needed to vent.   Greenbean  PS I don't know if anyone's posted this but Nufachel cheese tastes the same as cream cheese and is right next to it and has 1/3 the fat or 1/3 less fat I can't remember sorry

itssue

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
Applesauce and graham crackers, yummy!!!

I am fortunate to have lost 40lbs of excess weight and have kept it off for over 5 years.  I follow the weight watchers way of doing things, all things in moderation.  I continue to eat pretty much everything, but must remember to keep the portions under control.  Another thing that works for me in controlling my weight is drinking water with a slice of lemon in it, just enough to give the water a slight lemon taste, not too tart.  I don't know why, but it helps to keep me from getting hungry between meals.  Maybe the lemon just kills my appetite!!!   :D

Also, no matter how much we hurt, and we all do, we must keep ourselves moving in what ever way we can, we must stay active.  I do some form of exercise everyday.  When I am feeling lousy or in tons of pain I rest, but I also make sure that I do not stay in bed all day.  Even just walking around the house is burning some calories rather than storing them lying in bed.

We all live with pain everyday and it is NO FUN, so we must motivate ourselves and each other to do the best we can and be the best we can be.  That was told to me when I was overweight and it helped to inspire me to lose the weight and it continues to inspire me now. I know I am not always the best person I can be, but I'll keep trying. 

I wish all of you success on your journey to weight lose, don't give up, just do your best.

Take Care,

Sue

Greenbean, The pouch is the last to go, and I especially love the mexican food baby.  ::)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:02:44 PM by itssue »

Debora

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
Hi Sue

Congrats on losing the weight and keeping it off!     ;D

Having this extra weight is hard on the joints and all other parts.

Take Care
Deb

Tamik

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
So.. I have been waling everyday and yesterday I was just too tired to walk.  Then here comes my 11 y.o. daughter home from school insisiting that I go for a walk with her and the neighbors dog.  I dragged my tired butt out of bed from where it was nice and comfortable and went for the walk.  Before I knew it, we had walked a total of 2 miles.  AND I FELT BETTER!  More energy...more alive.   I am so glad my daughter is so persistant and will not allow me to stay down  -must come from years of watching me do that with her dad while fighting his cancer.  I HAVE SJOGREN"S, but SJOGRENS DOES NOT HAVE ME! :)  I promise myself that I will not take a day off from walking again.... however tired I am or how comfortable that bed is.......

I have lost 2 pounds last week!  8 more to go!  :)

Tami K

wordnerd

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
Well today I made it to under 200 pounds... 199.  I'm rather happy about that.  Its a lot easier to walk around without those 18 pounds.

I'm not happy with the way I'm loosing it.  I have no appetite and have been living mostly off of toast.  I've had to resort to tactics one would never normally use while attempting to loose weight.  For instance, today my mom took me out to breakfast after an early doctors appointment.  I order a waffle with strawberries.  Normally I would happily eat the whole thing, but today I had to eat it as fast as I could before my stomach decided it was full.  So I managed to eat more than I single slice of toast, but now I'm all nauseated.

I'm probably going to have to put in a call to my GI doc.

I wish I was losing weight through effort so I could feel proud of myself.  :-\

Annj5

• Reasonably Well
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »
Tami, Congrats! on your ongoing weight loss and walking program!!!
Send some of your determination and resolve my way.

Wordnerd - I am so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. I'll bet that even with the weight loss, it feels as though you aren't in control of your body and it's symptoms. Not fun.

Hugs,
Julia

Tamik

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »
Beautiful sunny day and still walking! 2 miles!!  I even saw a woodpecker! :)   I swear by positive thinking and that is how I am getting energy and determination. I had to change my negative thinking  -that was just focusing on everything wrong with me - to positive thinking -focusing more on everything that is right with me.  It really has helped. The mind is very powerful.  That doesn't mean that I am in denial -especially when at my physical therapy wednesday I was so weak that my muscles were shaking after 3 reps of the excercises - I usually do 20 with weights.  Plus I had mild vertigo and felt sort of drunk.  Weird.  First time my therapist has witnessed what I tell him happens -He said he likes working with me because I am an interesting patient.  :)  I did manage a walk that evening though! 

Tami

stegello08

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »
Well I'm officially in a size 12. I went shopping today and the 10's were so tight. I definitely need to exercise so I am going to start weight watchers tomorrow and exercise everyday. I'll let you know how that goes. ::)

sassytoo

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
I am so glad that I found this post. I got put on predisone since the 1st part of January. It is suppose to get rid of my lymphatic _____ something. in my lungs( I had a lung biopsy in December). They say this is from my sjogren's. Well, anyway the month of January I did 50 mg everyday, then 40 the month of February, 30 the month of March , 20 the month of April, right now I am on 10 mg. then in June I go down to 5 mg. The lung dr. isn't sure if I will ever get off of them,

BUT!!!!! I have gained 25 pounds since I was in the hospital in December for the lung biopsy. It seems like I am always hungry. It never dawned on me, that it is the predisone. Thanks you guys. I know I have to lose the weight, but at least now I know it isn't just me,lol.

ree031

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
What a great idea this is.

I need to lose some weight and have noticed it of late. Especially looking at photos. It really worried me as I don't want to put any extra stress on my body as I think it already has enough to worry about.

One thing I have been tryingto do is get off the computer and get out and move. Thats one reason I think I have put on more weight.

I took the kids and dogs walking twice last week...and of course per usual I am now sick witha virus. Both my kids are at school and preschool and of course no walking as I don't feel like my body could cope with the stress.

It always feels like I take 2 steps forward and 8 back. >:(

Tamik

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »
Still walking!! skipped yesterday though because I was teaching 6th grade - so I played with them at recess instead! :) 

Tami K