Author Topic: Elise's Diary  (Read 110418 times)

eyeamdry

Re: Elise's Diary
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2011, 12:25:16 AM »
Hi Elise, I am up very early in the morning, or in the middle of night and I think you just posted this.  I am in the US and wonder if you're now getting up.
I should have been in bed a long time ago!! lol

I am glad to see that your arm is better and you know darn well how to take care of yourself!  You are a very positive and wonderful gal and we all love you on here.  Stay well.  Lucy

dbab

« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »
Just thinking of you Elise... I hope you are doing much better today.  Love you sweetie... dbab

JannaLee

« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Glad to hear you have improved and I know how bruised your arm gets from antibiotic injections! 

elise

« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »
5th May 2011

Ive been in the hospital since 25th May , with innflammation of the brain, ive been having methyl prednisiolone, chemotherrapy and immunoglobulins, i also had a lumber puncture. im going home midday tomorroow.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2011, 08:02:11 AM »
Hi Elise  :)

I'm sorry to hear you have been having a rough time again. It's good to hear you are going home tomorrow. I do so wish you could get some time in without illness. Life is so unfair sometimes. I hope all those meds do their job!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
Hey Elise,

So good to see you here. I was reading up on your adventures.

And thinking about how courageous you are. Your cute spirit shows through the cyber space of miles.

I will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

You are an inspiration of strength.

I am sorry you are having to endure so much health issues.

I am curious, what kind of television programs you watch in your country, and do you watch any American programs.

I love to watch American Idol here in America, and also Dancing with the Stars.

Do you play video games?  Do you have any pets?

I have a dog, named Elroy. He thinks he is in charge of the house. I am afraid he might be. My husband and I raised two Daughters successfully. But our Dog seems to be in charge here. We call him our baby.

I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Hugs and blessing, kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

elise

« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:57 AM »
I am curious, what kind of television programs you watch in your country, and do you watch any American programs.

I watch the simpsons, hollyoaks, celebrity juice, josie gibson , judge judy , doctor who and family guy.

American - I think the simpsons is american, and true blood.

Yep i love to play video games and nope i don't have any pets, just goldfish. -Twenty, i named them all!
Angelina, Lexie, Martin, Lucifer, Stewie, Peter, Fred, Mary, Jason, Lewis, Kerry, Nina, George, Ben, Owen, Reece, Kelly, Rosie, Rubie and Julie.

Elroy, I like that name.

Monday i had my injection (yesterday to me) it really hurts on my left leg but doesnt on my right leg  ???

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
Hey Elise,

Sorry the injection hurt. I hope it helps all that it is meant to.

I love that you have 20 gold fish and named them all. Can you identify all of them with each name? If you can!!!! I am really impressed.

Yeah the Simpson's are American, I don't know about true blood.  ;D  I have a daughter who quotes Homer, like he is an Einstein figure.

I think we should put Judge Judy in charge. She could bring King Kong under submission!

Did you watch the wedding? Kate and that Prince William?    I did!    Big EVENT!

I hope you have a GREAT day.

Hugs and Blessings, kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

elise

« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »
I can identify most of the goldfish.

Homer is awsome  ;D I agree with you about judge judy, she soon sorts things out!

Yeah i did watch the royal wedding, i hated her dress though

Thanks :) my sister has just been to visit me :) Im not going to school till august, because it will take that long for my brain to recover, and even then im doing half days. My sister comes to visit every sunday and comes every tuesday to do some work with me, and she sets me some work and sets me some reading.

Ive got the hospital thursday, im really scared because its the first time im having a needle under the skin for half an hour in each leg for immunoglobulin infusion :( i heard you get a red lump thats really itchy and im really not looking forward to it.

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
You know that dress you hated, was over $400,000 dollars. ( I know the $$ translates differently to you, in England)
Any way, I am thinking spend $700 and pocket the rest.   :)   Or give it to a good cause. Silly money!  >:(   ::)

I am glad your sister is there to help you. Sisters are GREAT.  :)  I have one and we look after one another.

I am sorry you have to have those awful injections. I am sure you have done this stuff so long, you have developed coping skills when you receive care.
I am sure it is good care, just wish it was painless. Maybe you can think of each gold fish, or focus on a favorite program while you are in this leg procedure?
Hashimoto's

lynnmarie219

« Reply #520 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
Hi Elise!

So glad to hear from you...but so sorry for all that you have been through recently! You amaze me at how you just keep going on with such a positive attitude...there are a lot of people who could learn from you!

Hang in there my friend....and I hope you start to feel better very soon.

I am also amazed that you named all 20 of your goldfish and can identify most of them....very cool!

Stay strong.....

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #521 on: May 10, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
Elise,

You are such a strong young lady.  I hope your hospital infusion goes quickly and as pain free as possible for you.

By the way - didn't you have a birthday in April?  Are you now 12?  Time goes by so quickly and you are growing up before our very eyes.   ;)  Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

elise

« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
You know that dress you hated, was over $400,000 dollars. ( I know the $$ translates differently to you, in England)
Any way, I am thinking spend $700 and pocket the rest.   :)   Or give it to a good cause. Silly money!  >:(   ::)

I am glad your sister is there to help you. Sisters are GREAT.  :)  I have one and we look after one another.

I am sorry you have to have those awful injections. I am sure you have done this stuff so long, you have developed coping skills when you receive care.
I am sure it is good care, just wish it was painless. Maybe you can think of each gold fish, or focus on a favorite program while you are in this leg procedure?
Wow what a lot of money to spend on a dress.... especially to say it was hideous!  : :P

I think the wedding was over the top really, yeah they're royal and famous, but they're still people , like us at the end of the day.

I've only just stopped looking at what happens. I used to have to always look at what dad was doing, but i just cant even think about anything else, i just squeeze mums hand and have a little cry afterwards - sometimes i end up getting mad though because i start thinking that i have to have this every week and im getting to the verge of being sick of it.

elise

« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
Elise,

You are such a strong young lady.  I hope your hospital infusion goes quickly and as pain free as possible for you.

By the way - didn't you have a birthday in April?  Are you now 12?  Time goes by so quickly and you are growing up before our very eyes.   ;)  Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Bucky

Thankyou :) Yes i am now twelve and it was my birthday and the 19th of April. - About the hospital - i got there and i missed breakfast because i was worrying that much. Really there was nothing to worry about! i didnt even feel the needle! A lump did form in my legs though- and it feels really bruised and tender :( the doctor did my left leg-

Best about it- Guess who did my right leg-?
DAD! . im so proud of him :) Hes very brave because i know it upsets him when he has to hurt me. Well done dad xx

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
I am glad it is over.

Your dad is a Super HERO! So thankful that your Mum and Dad take such great care of you.  :)

Hugs, kimbo
Hashimoto's