Author Topic: Omicron??  (Read 738 times)

Maria3667

• Sicc'a ff it!
Re: Omicron??
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 12:20:29 AM »
I'm in one of the hardest hit countries with Omicron (Netherlands, very densely populated), but so far hospitalisations and death rates have dwindled and symptoms seem to be very mild compared to previous strains. Despite all this were in almost total lockdown (does that make sense?!).

Also the booster campaign is up to speed; last week I've had Moderna. No side effects, so far.

I hope all of you are well and Covid-19 is a thing of the past soon!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:26:21 AM by Maria3667 »
53. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis & MGD ('18). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 12.5mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

sunflower

Re: Omicron??
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 08:42:27 AM »
I, too, hope we can learn from S Africa in being transparent and willing to treat.  Other countries are ignoring the loud media voices in the US.   Japan is doing well and the most populous province of India has pretty well wiped out the virus.  Early treatment is key.

Omicron is showing itself to be highly infectious but not lethal.  So let's be wise and not fearful.  If we get sick, there are treatments right in our pharmacies.  When I ran a fever just before Christmas I took oil of oregano (nasty but a drop down the back of the throat works), vitamins, zinc and quercetin and I got better in a couple of days.  I think I'm better off for having been sick and recovered.

We can do this!
Sunflower
Sjogren's - eyes dx Feb/06, variety of new symptoms 2015, seroneg, lip bx 6/16 neg; early AMD; chronic lymphocytic leukemia dx 2006; kidney disease stage 3; breast ca - surgeries, radiation 2014; Meniere's Disease
Rx:  coversyl+, Eliquis; supps: Vitalux, Omega 3, calciuim