Author Topic: Omicron??  (Read 737 times)

meirish

Omicron??
« on: December 27, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »
Has anyone had the new Omicron virus yet or are you having a surge of the new virus in your area. I have heard that it is in Minnesota but I don't know how badly it is spreading yet.

I wonder if we could do with less testing if we would all sort of just stay home more and try to watch where we go and how much we are out and about. This alone might help cut down the the number of transmissions and help keep the hospitalizations down. Worth a try I would think. meirish

Confused

Re: Omicron??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:47:49 AM »
Yes it is spreading like wildfire as was predicted.  Only it now is not supposed to be as bad as Delta.  Care to take a guess?  Oh and it is not spreading that fast.
There is one type pill that can stop the Covid.  There are 3 versions and only one works.  They are using it for the 65 plus with compromised immune systems.  Might be on the East coast.  Definitely not enough to go around.
J and J is still having blood clot problems.
And the cow jumped over the moon.

Basically the US does not have enough of anything but talk to offer everyone.  Not enough meds (Israel is on its fourth booster and it is for those who are old and/or compromised).
Total frustration.  When those who have had both vacs get the Covid any way...I have no idea what to do except I need another doc asap.

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »
Yes, and Israel has an extremely high infection rate right now.

Totally crazy.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 08:50:09 PM »
They said today that the new covid amount since yesterday is 500,000 cases in the USA and most are now omicron. Also, I heard a British MD say that Britain has 200 different types of covid testing kits, etc that are available or almost available. They are so much smaller in population but they must have more cooperation with government or whoever is in charge of this stuff. Makes us look like idiots. They are making a whole lot of them they say.

And the cow jumped over the moon is right!!! meirish

Confused

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 04:01:12 PM »

You do wonder why Britain has been on this quickly and looking for answers and help.

I think we are doing a wonderful job of making us look like idiots but maybe the shoe fits? 

I am glad I'm old.

jazzlover

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »
I think we look smarter than them, personally.

Just HOW IS the Omicron tested?

How is the Delta variant tested?

Hmmm
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

bluegardenia

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »
I can tell u that in Britain they have the same tests as in the States and their situation is terrible as in all the countries of Europe. we will have an awful January thanks to the holidays and Christmas parties. I am in Italy that was an example for  Europe because we had a very high number of vaccinations but since 15 days we are exactly in the same position as most of other countries in Europe, but there is worse in Netherland and Poland for instance and also Germany is  going badly. read some English newspaper
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

meirish

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 07:49:32 PM »
A doctor was on TV tonight telling about the South Africa nations and how they are treating the omicron. They had 14 deaths for 1 million patients and USA had 2200 deaths per one million patients. I guess they are treating the covid omicron and other variants with the medications that are not allowed in the USA with good luck.

Also, many different articles and videos by different doctors from different countries telling how transparent South Africa is being about their covid and they are doing a better job at following the science. All these different docs are telling how smart the doctors are in S. Africa and how good they are about research, etc. They even reminded me that the first heart transplant was done in South Africa. I had forgotten about that.

Seems maybe the rest of the world could learn a thing or two from them. Stay well folks. meirish

bluegardenia

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 07:39:59 AM »
ABVOUT BRITAIN from Daily Mail
One last party for England? Boris warns of 'challenges in coming weeks' in NYE message as he mulls new restrictions NEXT WEEK and experts warn fresh curbs could be needed 'at speed' after cases hit record of 189,213 and hospitalisations double
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

bluegardenia

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 07:47:48 AM »
SOUTH AFRICA 57 660 350 MILLIONS PEOPLE
United States    332 005 700

jazzlover

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 01:48:21 PM »
I've seen evidence of this over and over.

They are killing people in the US hospitals.

Plain and simple. Stay OUT of them if you can.

They use Remdesivir, which causes fluid to form in the lungs in at least 54% of patients. They know this, yet they continue to use it.

Not to be confused with Regeneron, which is helpful. (the infusions)

meirish

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 05:49:47 PM »
I just read tonight from South Africa that there numbers of Omicron are starting to stay the same and decrease in some areas. They feel that the covid is starting to run its course. This is just what so many doctors from our country and other countries have been saying about this covid variant.

I also heard a trustworthy doctor in the USA tell about the regular flu that is going around and his info is making me upset. He said that the regular flu shot is helping about 40 % of the time. Reason being.... they always calculate what flu viruses to put in the flu shots by what the southern hemisphere is doing flu wise over their flu season. This year by the time flu got to us it had mutated some and become stronger and the flu count is up. WE have a normal flu death count of 30,000 to 60,000 a year over the past many years.

This year the flu is hitting the younger kids more and there have been more deaths in the under 10 age four or so. They are swabbing and know which flu the kids are suffering from. Now the USA is telling us all these young kids are dying from the new covid. I guess I question this as I heard the info on the regular flu before I heard stuff about the omicron. Why are we not testing these children and finding out for sure just what flu they have. Most of the kids were in the hospital around 3 days who had a more severe flu and recovered. What is going on is what I want to know. So much contradicting information is out there.

Also, just heard that the Pfizer vaccinations cost Pfizer 1.30 cents a shot approximately and the charge is huge. Our insurance companies are really paying out huge amounts. Heard this number from different sources and some people had worked in foreign countries where they saw the cost of the vaccinations. meirish

Remember, we are not going to start a brawl on this site. It is good to share info as we all use different search language and find different sites. There is so much different info out there it is just crazy. We need to stay calm but be educated to make good decisions for ourselves, family and our country.

Confused

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2021, 06:27:16 PM »

I think it is good to hear the various information others have as something might help when talking to their doctor about things.  The more informed the better
chance of things working out for your particular issues.

I am not happy about the flu but it is good to know!!!  Yikes!

So really the more information the better and it should not cause a brawl because everyone helps when they simply state what they have heard or ask for ideas.  I would never expect someone to take my ideas as I know everything.  I just put out what i have heard and I definitely need information on different
things.  Helps as sometimes it can be hard for me to remember the simplest thing!

Floridalady

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 06:59:13 AM »
My whole family caught Omicron over Christmas vacation. It is very contagious! Yesterday there were a million cases in the US. We experienced fever, headache, sore throat and muscle aches. You feel really bad for a few days and then gradually get better. We started feeling back to normal after a week.
Dr. Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins said this our ticket out of Pandemic.
We were vaccinated and still got it. One family member had a booster shot and got it.

Best to everyone.
Anna

meirish

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 07:43:49 PM »
Dr. John Carpenter has been quite good for information about the omicron. He also gets info from other countries and it really is interesting. Seems like the one of these people said that it has been good to have the omicron as it is helping us to reach herd immunity and explained how the delta and omicron are interacting with each other. I can't remember the specifics right now (so much information) but at the time I felt quite good about the direction this seems to be going. Some doc from the US said on TV tonight that he thinks the omicron will have pretty well gone through the US in 2 to 4 weeks. Wow. That is fast.

I am thinking that I will end up with it for sure as it is said that everyone on the globe will probably get it as it is so infectious. Probably some living totally remotely may evade it for a while but I would think it would catch up with everyone eventually. I guess the flu during World War I lasted 3 years and was into the 4th flare when it decreased. I guess we are in the third year now and the omicron is the 4th flare. Time will tell. None of us will hold our breath that is for sure.

We must all hang in there and hopefully the school situation will be solved without huge problems. Guess we all have to encourage one another. Our country hasn't had to endure hardship like this in so many decades and it should be a good reminder that we must not be complacent or naive enough to think nothing bad will ever happen cause it has, does, did and will again. Take a deep breath I tell myself and keep on plugging away. Take care all, meirish