Author Topic: How have any of you folks been doing in regards to your covid boosters?  (Read 1461 times)

meirish

I am going to be getting my J&J booster on Dec 9th and just wonder if all of you are getting your boosters or just bypassing them for now. I had a hard time finding a pharmacy that was giving the J&J? Still have thoughts about skipping it but then someone said that it would be good to have these boosters as Delta is still around and the boosters seem to help with this variant. It started out being a confusion and has never stopped being a confusion and I, for one, am sick of the whole shooting match. :o  meirish

Floridalady

Re: How have any of you folks been doing in regards to your covid boosters?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 04:57:32 PM »
Irish,

I had the J&J on March 5th, Fast forward to Labor Day and I felt like I was getting a cold. I was kind of shocked because my husband and I hadn?t been anywhere except grocery store and haircuts. I had a sore throat, achy and very tired. Then I ran a fever of 101 for one day and the next day I was better.
Two weeks later I told my doctor and she said it sounds like Covid. She tested my antibodies and they were high and suggestive of a Covid infection.
To answer your question I feel like my infection is a booster shot. We live in Florida and currently cases are very low.
I hope you come to peace with whatever decision you make.
Anna

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
Research more .... Stew Peters on Rumble exposes the truth about the jabs.

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 04:34:04 AM »
I had the J&J in March. I decided to get the Maderna booster. No reactions at all.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

araminta

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 10:03:09 AM »
I had the Pfizer booster in one arm and the flu shot in the other.

I felt fluey the next day, and of course both arms were sore, actually the flu arm was much worse than the Pfizer arm!

The day after that I was OK again.

Good luck meirish, I hope your choice is a good one for you.

Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 04:32:34 PM »
Hi  :)

I had a Pfizer booster having had two AstraZeneca shots before that. Top of my arm was a bit tender the next day - but that was all. Basically no side effects.

good luck!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Confused

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 07:59:26 PM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 06:40:58 AM by Confused »

meirish

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 09:57:50 PM »
Well, I cancelled my booster shot for now. I have felt lousy for quite a few weeks and even more so the past 3 wks or so. I have not been on my hydroxychloroquin as my new neuro would not renew it and neither would my primary PA. They have their reasons, but I know the real reasons and it makes me upset. So, I have really been miserable with body pain. I have had a really lousy experience with my first neuro that has dragged on and been unbelievable. And then she cut my IVIG product dose in 1/2 and that same day the infusion center called and asked me what is going on with that doctor. The infusion center is very concerned that I could start having increase in some symptoms and increase in my myasthenia issues.

I have had some days that were not so good. Thankfully I am seeing another neurologist that specializes in myasthenia and hope that both these issues can get resolved. This has been extremely upsetting to me and that stress is not good for autoimmune disease as we all know. With the fact that I have felt bad I also have felt like I was high risk for some more intense reactions to the booster. Johnson and Johnson have kicked their booster up a notch and it works very well.

I feel weak in general and don't feel like my body has the strength to cope with added stress. Hopefully,  I will endure these issues. The state of MN has been inundated with covid and the hospitals in the middle of the state and into the larger cities around us have really filled the hospitals to the max. Good time to stick around home. Have a good week. It is snowing here since 2PM today. meirish
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 09:44:35 PM by meirish »

Confused

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 12:10:29 AM »
Irish,

You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.  I have no understanding or answers.  I keep seeing this same thing happening here to so many and for no good reason.  I have a friend whose doctor retired and she can get no help.  May the Christmas spirit fill all those doctors who seem to forget what becoming a doctor is really supposed to mean.

Blessings for all of us
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:52:29 AM by Confused »

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 07:56:49 AM »
I have no shots at all...neither has our kids, grandkids or even my 82 and 90 year old in-laws. None of us has had Covid that we know of. We do not wear masks. We have always gotten together for cook outs, thanksgiving and Christmas.....no one I'll. It's been this way since January 2020.
It works for us.

Shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

meirish

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 10:07:46 PM »
At Thanksgiving I was looking around the table and there were 12 of us. Eight of the family had had Covid. One is a nurse and works with it a lot. One was a college student and had it in college. My one son and his wife and 2 kids went on a weekend vacation with other relatives that had had it months ago and a few who hadn't. When son and family came home they were all ill and quarantined by 7 days.

Of that group. my nurse DIL had covid and then had the vaccine some months later. The college student had it and then had vaccine some months later. I had the vaccine and was never ill but didn't get it until March. One never had covid but got the vaccine so he could go on a cruise this winter and one teenager got the vaccine without having covid.

Sooo, 7 have still not had the vaccine of which of which 6 had covid.... and 5 had vaccine of which 1 had covid. I did all this math for my own curiosity Those who had covid without vaccine feel they have natural immunity. I have not gotten into any arguments with family about this. I have just told them that I would not be around them much til things settled down.

What a crazy time for all of our families. I can't help but think that by now many of us may have had a very mild case and built up antibodies. I didn't go out much before vaccine and always wore a mask and limited my trips and the places I went. Now I am a little more apt to get together with my kids but I still stay away from places and wear a mask.

A doctor was on a show tonight who has a lot of experience is many areas and he said that there have been no deaths world wide that have been reported to the new variant and it is a much milder covid. He is hopeful that this many mean that some herd immunity is starting to build up around the globe because so many people are just getting aches and pains and a cold. Time will tell. Take care all. meirish

sixty

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 11:14:07 PM »
I got my phizer booster yesterday and my arm's sore today.  I also felt on the verge of a flare this morning but that only lasted for a few hours.  So all in all it turned out okay.

jazzlover

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2021, 09:36:13 AM »
So sorry to hear that your doctors are not cooperating, irish. Many have indeed forgotten how to doctor.

My doctor has not had the V and neither has his staff. All are fine.

My husband had it and never knew it. We are not vaccinated and I am supposedly the one with all the health issues. I was tested for the antibodies but still no results. I need to call my Dr's office again on Monday.

eye2dry .. :)
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

finallyadx

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 06:24:29 AM »
Hello, I had Moderna for the first two shots and went back for my booster and got Moderna as well.  Second Moderna felt achy and flu-like the next day.  Booster shot I felt worse than after the second shot the second day but was fine next day.

Wishing you luck.  I took Tylenol later in the afternoon after my booster that same day.  Took Advil the day after my booster shot later in the afternoon.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

meirish

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 10:35:52 PM »
I still haven't had my booster and get so disgusted when there is all the info blaming this vaccination and others for all these side effects. Makes one wonder if any of them are safe. I know that all meds have side effects and some of them can be very serious. If you get on internet and keep searching and get into the hard core info you will find that all off the vaccinations have problematic side effects but so many of them are not talked about. Who the heck do we believe.

I am waiting to see what this omicron variant does because if is isn't as dangerous as the others then it is possible that just having it will help us with our herd immunity and possibly put us into endemic instead of pandemic. The "rumor" is by several doctors that many of the highly contagious viruses are not as dangerous.

Remember the days when mothers took their preschoolers to someone's house in order to expose their kids to chickenpox? They wanted the kids to have them before they went to school so they didn't have to miss so much school after they went to school and caught them.  All the contagious diseases that we dealt with as kids were infectious and some extremely infectious and after we had them we had immunity.

This is called the science of contagious disease that I studied in nurses training. All of a sudden they want to ignore this herd immunity and I don't get it one bit. Again, what is going on with all the inundation we are getting with conflicting information. Not trying to start a discussion but I am sick and tired of us being told so many different things. I think we just have to listen to all the info we can find and do a lot of research and not panic. Panic and fear won't help us as we really are not sure what we should really fear. I have never seen the medical field be so conflicted. My humble "sick of being home and wearing a mask" opinion. I can tolerate having to follow some rules but when the rules are so conflicted and literally being fought over I am stressed and disgusted.

With that off my chest I want you to know that I wish you all a Merry Christmas with your families, loved ones and friends. I discovered this Dec. that there is Christmas music playing almost all day on quite a few radio stations. It has been a few years since I have heard this much Christmas music. These are not even the Christian radio stations. Some of the country stations playing a lot also. I have found that listening to these a couple of times a day for an hour or so just calms me and helps me remember the good times we had over the years.

We must never lose hope and must never let go of our need for getting our life back to normal. It seems like we need to have the special holidays with our families and the encouragement and feeling of being loved and cared for. That is what these holidays are about. Take care and stay safe all of you. meirish
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 09:40:15 AM by meirish »