Author Topic: So Tired  (Read 648 times)

Confused

So Tired
« on: November 05, 2021, 04:14:18 PM »
Anybody get so tired they can barely move.  Any help for this?

araminta

Re: So Tired
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 08:10:17 AM »
I don't get so tired I can't move, but I do have days (lots of them) when everything feels like a big effort.   Sometimes fresh air helps.   I've also found that sometimes if I keep on going through the fatigue, I can start to feel a bit better after a while.   It's such a strange illness.

I usually feel better if I have a good night's sleep, particularly if I don't go to bed too late.

I wish I could suggest something else for you. :(
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

meirish

Re: So Tired
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 09:16:34 PM »
Yes, and yesterday and today are some of those days. When I am like this I just sit and rest and take a lot of mini naps and sometimes some long naps. I usually have these after I have had to run errands or been to the doctor and then do another couple of things. I just don't have any reserve capacity.

As we get older the normal thing that occurs is that our reserve capacity diminishes. This is the amount of energy and the ability that we have to sort of pull ourselves together and continue on with more tasks and/or mental chores, so to speak. AS we age we normally decrease in this area and have to do less over a certain amount of time and rest more...

However, add in these darn autoimmune diseases with fatigue as a big component, and we are literally toast. It is so darned disgusting cause in our head and heart we are planning to thinking about pursuing some tasks or even some fun and we just can't do it. My myasthenia Travis enters into this also as my muscle strength will give out and I just have to stop and rest or sleep for several hours.

The problem is when we are younger with autoimmune disease and our energy level crashes we are embarrassed and frustrated as no one understands when we try to explain it. We end up sounding like an idiot try to make an excuse for our inability to keep up with the rest of the gang. WE should not have to do this cause it is what it is.

Then when we get older we don't have to make an excuse much bum everyone that is older seems to have their down days with fatigue even when they don't have big time disease issues. But..... we still don't like it. Most of the time going to Walmart for a long shopping trip and walking just about kills me and it is so frustrating. I bet most people on this site are the same way at least once in a while. So, you are not alone, I don't think.  Just do what you can. Just be sure you aren't anemic or have any other health issue that is affecting you. Take care and do what you can when you can. Meirish