Author Topic: Sore eyes looking at computer screen  (Read 884 times)

araminta

Sore eyes looking at computer screen
« on: November 01, 2021, 03:52:28 AM »
Do you get this?   I know it would be better not to use the computer too much, but sometimes I have to use it more than I would like.   Have any of you tried some kind of protective filter over  your computer screen?
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

MarieB

Re: Sore eyes looking at computer screen
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 10:54:32 AM »
Hi, Yes I have that problem also.   That's a good idea about a computer screen.  I remember having one at work years ago.   
I did get some new glasses and they supposedly put a film on the lens to help.  Not sure I can tell it though.
Good luck. 
Diagnosed w/Sjogrens May2014
SSA >8  SSB >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Antichromatin Antibodies >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Anti-DNA(SS)IgG,Ab/Qn 37(0-19EU)H
Began Plaquenil May 2014

meirish

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 01:03:35 PM »
I have some information somewhere that tells what color your eye glass lens should be for outside, indoor and computer. I don't know where this is but you maybe could do a search on this. Two of the colors were grey and green but don't know for sure what the third is. It might be a tan color lens.

I have the same problem you folks do. Sometimes I think it is how bright the background is on the screen. My white seems to be too bright. My granddaughter tried to change this for me but it still bothers me. Have a good day. meirish

araminta

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »
Thank you Marie and meirish for your replies,  I guess this is probably a common problem with Sjogrens.   I will try to find out the best colour for glasses lenses - I'm wearing brown tinted ones at present but they don't seem much hellp.   Yesterday I tried wearing my UV protective sunglasses over the top of my glasses!   That did cut out the glare, but things looked a bit dark.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 03:24:49 AM »
I use blue-light blocking lenses with a yellow tint, the same ones as I use for night time driving. I have the ones that fit over my prescription glasses. I bought them originally for the glare of oncoming headlights, since in our climate, there were many months of the year that I found myself driving back and forth to work,  always in the dark, because our winter daylight hours are limited. I tried them when my eyes were particularly bad, out of desperation if nothing else, and they helped! Now I keep a pair in the car, and one on the desk!

It's also helpful to always have some surrounding lighting when looking at screens, so the only brightness isn't the one spot your eye is focused on.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

araminta

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »
Many thanks for the advice, Linda.   I have ordered some yellow over-fitting glasses today - they will look weird, but I'm past caring about things like that!

meirish

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 05:48:07 PM »
Thanks for that info Linda. That answers some questions for me. meirish