Author Topic: Mixing Vaccines  (Read 1247 times)

janny

Mixing Vaccines
« on: October 20, 2021, 04:25:01 PM »
Hi. I am so confused as to what booster to get. Maybe some of you who are more scientifically inclined can help me. I originally had the Johnson & Johnson 7 months ago. Now we are being told that everyone 18 and up who had the J&J needs a booster. But, I am afraid of the blood clotting incidents reported. They are saying we can mix vaccines, but does anyone think this is a good idea for those of us with an AI disorder? I am really grappling with this decision! Thank you for any and all help and/or ideas.

meirish

Re: Mixing Vaccines
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 09:29:33 PM »
This is such a confusing and loaded question. I would check with my doctor about getting a different brand of booster than J and J and I would also ask if it would be possible to take an aspirin a day, or a baby aspirin a day to prevent clots. I have talked to some other people who have noticed that people with covid are dying from larger blood clots in their lungs or having small blood clots in the small capillaries of their lungs.

I am 78 years old and can't take aspirin because of a bleeding problem in my colon and I am a J&J user so I am going to ask my doctor about this. I know that keeping out fluid intake up for any of us helps to keep our blood a little more thin so this in itself is one way to help prevent blood clots. I hope that you can find someone who can help you figure this out. Good luck. meirish

janny

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
Meirish, thank you! I'm not so sure I trust my doctor. They seem to just go alone the party-line that it is okay to mix and match. I am leary of doctors to begin with since I have had many, many bad experiences with them! (I could tell stories for hours!). I know some of you others had the J&J and am just wondering what you have all decided to do, in case anyone cares to share. My sister is a nurse and has made me leary of mixing them, but also tells if I don't get a booster "You will be toast". I love my sister! lol

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 09:47:25 PM »
Pay attention to the news from Thursday.

Dr Fraud LIED to us all.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 09:57:19 PM »
I have to tell you Janny, and this is my personal opinion, that I would not mix them. We know so little about any of this stuff we are dealing with and it will be a long time before we know even half of the truth about it. So many opinions and who to trust has become a big item for some reason.

I feel that, as a registered nurse, we are taught to never mix drugs that are not the same. In fact sometimes it is tricky to mix drugs that are the same due to dates, etc., special conditions, etc. Every single one of the vaccines made all over the world are made in a certain way, by a certain company, with a certain recipe(so to speak) and even if it was two different companies who used the same recipe I would not mix 2 drugs. Every single product (chemical, etc) one uses in a recipe is made by many different manufacturers and you can't get the same results using different companies chemicals. This is getting down to the nitty gritty but sometimes this is what can make us sick or whatever.

Sometimes there are two exact (so to speak) drugs made by different manufacturers and a doctor will prefer one brand over the other as they are of the opinion that their preferred brand works better. This makes it seem prudent to stick with the same drug when it comes to the boosters to my way of thinking.

I am going to talk with my doctor about possible antibody testing and just when I should take a booster. Thats all I can do. It is up to all of us to think, research and check with our doctors....plus do not panic or lose sleep over this. There is not promise or guarantee in life over anything. Make our decision and don't look back. Thanks and take care of yourself. meirish

janny

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 06:48:05 AM »
Jazzlover, yes, that is why I do not trust anyone or anything these days, which is sad. Meirish, thank you for your advice. I take it you will probably not get a booster then, correct? With our immune systems already misbehaving, it just does not make sense to me to confuse it even more in such a short time frame with two entirely different vaccine technologies. But, in saying that, with the holidays coming up, I will be around a few unvaccinated people and feel like I need some kind of booster. So, maybe I will just take my chances with another J&J! I would sure love to hear what you end up doing too. Thank you!

meirish

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 10:19:05 AM »
I am going to take the J and J booster. I am not worried about blood clots for some reason. There were not so many reported---or as far as I know that is true. The thing is I have not heard about blood clots with other vaccines and this makes me suspicious. With the millions of vaccinations given by the other vaccines and don't hear about blood clots makes me wonder.

The same can be said Guillain Barre syndrome. I have heard many times about J&J causing this problem but not much about the other vaccines having this problem. The thing is every vaccine made has had problems with Guillain Barre as this is just something that occurs. It is not common with vaccines but happens. I have taken care of patients in the nursing home who are recovering from Guillain following their yearly flu shot. Guillan can occur even after a viral infection that someone may have had. The darn news never tells the whole story on this medical stuff. Sure infuriates me.

So, yes, I am going to get the J&J booster. I have to just talk with my PA about what good it does to have an antibody blood test to make sure one needs it. Many opinions on this also. Opinions are wearing us all out.

Also, I have a friend who had covid without vaccination. Her doctor had her take a whole aspirin during the infection and about 6 weeks after she was well. He said that with covid the blood clots are often the cause of death. Sooo, my thought is, when you get the vaccine you are getting a bit of the virus to kick up your immune system to make antibodies. Why don't they tell people to take aspirin when they have the vaccination. So many questions. So many things to ask the doctors. Take care. It is your decision to make. meirish
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:31:11 AM by meirish »

meirish

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »
OK, I got curious and did a search on blood clots and aspirin after the covid vaccination. What an interesting article. It was written with information from the United Kingdom. This doctor stated that the blood clots were caused by low platelets that happened as an inflammatory (or autoimmune) effect from the J&J vaccination. Interesting...as the other 2 American vaccines used also cause a inflammatory effects that cause autoimmune issues. Very confusing article.

I checked the name of the person and the date of the article. Date of the article was 12/04/2021.....what???

If any of you want to check this out the article was carried by the Huffington Post and the article was written by Natasha Hinde 12/04/2021. I was confused because in nurses training we learned that low platelets cause hard to control bleeding that needs blood clotting agents to stop. I then searched both low platelets and high platelets and it seems like this doctor might have been confused or maybe didn't know what he was talking about. This is what makes all of us in this country crazy trying to interpret all the stuff that is thrown at us in the news. Thanks for putting up with me. meirish

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 03:42:17 AM »
Meirish, clotting with low platelets does sound counterintuitive, but it's been a known, if extremely rare (1-<2%), adverse effect of Heparin therapy for years. Seen in people with platelet factor 4 (PF4) an antibody that activates platelets rather than directly attacking and destroying them, as in idiopathic thrombocytopenia or ITP. That, in turn, promotes clotting and eventually low platelet levels. Forming clots causes a drop in platelets as they are used up, and is a normal response, called consumptive thrombocytopenia (low platelets)

The mechanism seems to be, that there is a very active clotting response to something, possibly an autoantibody overreaction to normal cells (in Heparin induced thrombocytopenia or HIT in which heparin paradoxically activates platelets, leading to platelet depletion and clotting, it's an autoimmune response). The reaction is so rapid that the clots have formed even while the platelets are dropping, leaving the contradictory condition of a massive amount of clots, and a low platelet count
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

meirish

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 10:35:27 PM »
Linda, Thank you for that. It really sounds like a confusing autoimmune type of thing that goes on with that type of clotting event. You can always know the answer to any question that is tossed your way. Thank you again.meirish