Author Topic: Osteoarthritis all over, ANA 1:640  (Read 416 times)

Nancy_Drew

Osteoarthritis all over, ANA 1:640
« on: September 16, 2021, 05:11:09 AM »
Hello everyone,
I am 31 yo Russian female and have osteoarthritis, the most disturbing one is in my fingers. It started suddenly 1,5 years ago after tragic pregnancy and great stress. My ANA is 1:640 fine speckled, all the antibodies from 3 panels are negative (lupus, sjogrens, scleroderma, polymyositis), I checked it 2 or 3 times. Now I gave birth to another child, a healthy baby, and have an exacerbation of pain in my joints. During pregnancy I had a remission. Also, a year ago ultrasound shown inflammation of parotid glands, inflamed submandibular lymph node, had dry mouth and dry eyes, neuropathy, enthesopathy, tendinopathy. Now I don't have these symptoms, only painful OA and inflamed tendons. My thyroid is always fine, all the blood tests are also negative and normal (including RF, ESR, CRP, HLA-B27 and many others). Any thoughts? Seronegative Sjogren's?

meirish

Re: Osteoarthritis all over, ANA 1:640
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 08:57:53 PM »
Could very possibly have seronegative Sjogrens. It is not unheard of believe me. So many times people on this forum have all the symptoms and their blood work is negative so their rheumies or family doctor, whoever, just passes them by and says you aren't sick. negative blood work.

I had all the symptoms off and on fore 30 plus years and no one took me seriously cause my ANA was neg as was my sed rate, etc. No one ever gave a thought about sjogrens. IN 2003 had a lip biopsy and actually surprised a bunch of doctors cause it was positive in spite of negative blood work. I had suffered increasing symptoms of all kinds and was diagnosed with Bullous Pemphigoid in 2002, Sjogrens in 2003. Myasthenia Travis, Hashimotos and severely low T-cells in 2006 and autoimmune hearing loss in 2016. I had my first hearing loss of right ear in 1997 but the blood work wasn't available then.

All I can tell you is that I had all kinds of symptoms since 1964---not all at once---but one thing and then another and it didn't seem to let up and as I got older it got worse. In 2005 I went to a Sjogrens study at the U of Minnesota and I had negative blood work for the first time and positive dryness eyes and mouth. I have had one salivary gland removed and have also gotten a name for my arthritis in my hands. I have osteoarthritis not RA but it is painful also and wrecks the mobility of your hands as the years go by.

I am on intravenous gamma globulin one a month since 2006 and get 80 mg which takes 6 1/2 hours. I have to tell you it has helped my myasthenia and low t-cells but has not helped the Sjogrens which has gotten worse over the years. If you can get someone to put you on Plaquinal or Hydroxychloroquin you will probably have less pain and swelling i your body and it also helps fatigue. I can only inform of you my issues, etc but there is a lot of information on this site and just reading through the archives and the many years of info many help give  you ideas plus there are new ideas and info from people on all the new posts that take place.

The information is always changing and improving and there are people on all sorts of medications who give their ideas and opinions. It is a learning process. Many of the doctors out there have not caught up with the technology that is expanding as the years go by and we have to advocate for ourselves and be strong and aggressive to get the help we need. Hope you can find what you need on this site. Good luck to you and keep on posting if you have more questions. Others have info and are willing to share. Good luck. meirish