Author Topic: Men with Sjogrens  (Read 1107 times)

araminta

Re: Men with Sjogrens
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 04:49:14 AM »
Thank you very much for your advice, meirish, and of course you are right.   I will have to get a biopsy at some point, the sooner the better.  But at present things are difficult here, it takes ages to get through to a surgery on the phone, let alone talk to a doctor.  Our local surgery will be starting the Covid booster jabs and flu jabs very soon, so they will be frantically busy.   I think I'll wait till that rush is over before I try contacting them.

I recognise that feeling of being labelled a hypochondriac.   Yes, it would be good to have a doctor with personal experience of autoimmune disease.   My ortho wrote to my doctor that I "looked well"!   So that's all right then?!
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

meirish

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 09:38:02 PM »
That is interesting about the "he looks well. I am thinking that you are from GB and I have to tell you that it is the same way in the US when it comes to talking to a taped voice when calling the doctor and then given a list of "line 1" etc. to choose from and then waiting a long time for a human to answer then phone. I had a line this week that I called about 4 times and one time I waited 30 minutes and still no answer so I hung up. I just want to see how long I would have to wait!! I bet people have had anxiety attacks and maybe even strokes waiting to get a hold of someone who could answer our questions or make our doctors appointments.

It is a long wait for any scoping, etc where I live now and other tests as people have been spending the past 1+ years in their homes hiding from covid and just now it seems everyone want to see the doctors and have the tests they have been putting off. Enough said about that.

I have to tell you that I am now making appointments even when they are way in the future. I have decided that if I have a problem that needs some attention because it is chronic and  but been eventful I will just go to urgent care. If urgent care thinks it needs more attention they sent you over to emergency. However, there are times that urgent care will write a referral and one might just get into the doctor sooner. It is sort of a crap shoot lately and probably be that way for a long time. Covid seems to have made itself at home in our lives for a good while. Just hang in there and do the best you can which just breaks my heart to have to say this. I hope that you can get some help sooner rather than later. meirish

araminta

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 02:00:01 PM »
Thank you, meirish.   I wonder if things will ever be quite the same after Covid, I've heard that we will just have to live with it as we live with the flu, and of course there are bound to be more mutations.

I'm very sorry you're having trouble getting help when you need it.   It's good that you have a contingency plan for emergencies, I just hope you never have to put it into action.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.