Author Topic: Men with Sjogrens  (Read 485 times)

acer455

Men with Sjogrens
« on: September 05, 2021, 09:58:44 PM »
Any men with Sjogrens out there? Want to ask some questions..

meirish

Re: Men with Sjogrens
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 09:44:53 PM »
There is one for sure and maybe 2 guys on here. They don't come on much but are here off and on. I think it might help if you could put down some of your symptoms and how long you have had them..

I think that the guys will read through the posts frequently and post when they have something to say or ask.

If you go to the search (above) and place.. male or men in forum.. you might end up getting some posts that men have done. Might want to add year 2021 cause I know there have been a couple guys on here in the last 6 months. One of them comes and goes and has been here several years. Sorry, can't remember his name right now. Good luck and be patient. Good things come to those who wait. meirish

felpeyu2

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 05:11:13 AM »
I am a 49 year old man and I was diagnosed about 15 years with Sjogren.

meirish

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »
Welcome felpeyu2, I am thinking this may be your first time on this forum. Hang in there and we might be able to track down 1 or 2 of our men who have been around for awhile. I am going to see if I can find one of them and will return when I do. Thanks for stopping by our forum. meirish

meirish

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 09:55:26 PM »
felpeyu2,Well, I just went down to bottom of the page and went back one page at a time through 17 pages of past posts and noticed your name in several places so now know that you have been on this forum a few times. Hopefully acer will check in and read through these posts and see that you have arrived to help him out.

I have to add that it was very interesting flipping through all the posts over the past several years. The subject matter is unbelievable and there is so much info in there for people that might help them learn how to be a sjoggie, how to deal with doctors during some of those difficult times. different kinds of meds and how they were given and if they helped. A treasure trove of information experienced by autoimmune patients and quite a few soon to be diagnosed autoimmune patients.

If the doctors had time they would truly learn a whole lot about the various complaints and difficulty in diagnosis we all have. It might help some doctors learn to be more patient about how they deal with us. Just running over the past years of so many of our lives. Take care all and hope you can be of help felpeyu2. meirish

araminta

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 04:15:26 AM »
I remember a man called Gorn who was on here fairly recently.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

meirish

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 09:37:31 PM »
I remember seeing that name lately also, Seems like he was on the forum quite often for a while. Maybe he will come through again soon. Thanks. meirish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 10:38:47 PM »
I am not on much anymore but I have Sjogren's symptoms. I may be deluding myself but i think i am finally making progress against them. The challenge is all the damage done before I got here.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Kristian

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 07:05:32 AM »
I am a 41 year old man with Sjogren's, diagnosed at 32.  Sorry I don't come on as regularly as I should.   Feel free to use the message board or message me directly if you have any questions I can help with.  I know everyone on the board is very helpful, hope we can help you out :-)
Sjogren's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Low Vitamin D, Sciatica down both legs permananently.
Take Enbrel, Synthroid, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone ER, Gabapentin, Raios (long acting prednisone), Vivlodex, Aquaoral, Exovac,  and endless eye drops :-)
Tumeric, Sea Buckthorn Oil and Vit D

acer455

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »
Hi Everyone I have so many problems with this at one time I have dry mouth with pain in my glands dry eyes I had severe back pain that I had to go to the ER 3 times then my feet are burning and toes were blue problems urinating and ED which I didn?t have before I lost smell and taste which is driving me crazy cause it?s hard to eat healthy and been to a rheumatologist who says I have something but not Sjogrens if this is not Sjogrens than what is it my GP tested me with a blood test and of course negive in blood but borderline autoimmune factors ?The hospital loading me up with pain medication anc took mris but everything came out fine except the blood results they said I have something wrong with me but they don?t  know what I keep saying to them it seems like Sjogrens they keep brushing it off anybody think this is Sjogrens? Anybody know of a good Rheumatologist in Florida? The pain in feet and arms are terrible no appetite?..
I?m only 51