Author Topic: My Cancer Surgery  (Read 652 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
My Cancer Surgery
« on: August 28, 2021, 04:11:10 PM »
I had a long written out letter, and it went poof.
Had my surgery and have the results back. They got all the cancer. It's a stage 1. He said I need no further treatment. We are thrilled. Tomorrow is our Anniversary. My surgery was done robotically. Went in that morning and out that evening.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

meirish

Re: My Cancer Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 05:39:26 PM »
Wow, Susan, you had high tech hysterectomy that is for sure. So glad that it was such a short surgery. So good for your body with less stress. Hard to believe that a person can have such a hospital stay. I had surgery like that 30 years ago and was in the hospital 5 days.

It is truly a miracle that you had only stage one that is for sure. So happy for you. Now you have to eat good and get sleep and exercise for good healing. So, so happy for you and your husband. God Bless. meirish

susanep

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
Irish I didn't just choose that hospital, but the gyn I seen for the biopsy said he worked with the doctors there so they automatically set it up. There is a video on you tube that shows a robotic hysterectomy. I had never heard of it before. It did go well though. I have had lots of sore pain after the first day. I tire easily, but today has been a better day. I have yet to move the bowels, but he told me to take some miralax. I am using some gas x too.
Susan
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 04:25:49 AM »
Wow! Congratulations! Great news.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:17 AM »
Dearest Susan,

Relax, try some breathing/mediation exercises to heal your mind, body and soul.

No matter how 'easy' a surgery is, it's never really easy.

Be gentle with yourself now.

Thanks for the wonderful news.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) Inter.
Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Oral Lichen Planus-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om.3-Methotrexate-Esome

araminta

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 02:59:33 AM »
That is fantastic news!   I can't believe how quickly the operation was done!

I'm really happy for you and of course your family.

And hope you had a happy anniversary.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

susanep

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 07:10:45 PM »
 Thank you Jenny  and  Carolina. I have been resting. Araminta we enjoyed a quiet day together.
Has anyone had a difficult time getting their colon to work again. I've had gas but haven't had a bowel movement in about 6 days.
Where does it all go? lol.. Oh I have been taking miralax.
Susan
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 07:13:30 PM by susanep »

jazzlover

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 10:18:47 PM »
That's amazing! Happy Anniversary!
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »
HI  :)

So glad to hear that! Rest up and heal well.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

meirish

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 08:21:17 PM »
Susan, If it was me I would call the doctor and tell the nurse that you had surgery and hadn't had a BM for those 6 or 7 days. There is probably something the doctor could order for you to help stimulate the bowel to have a bowel movement. When we have anesthesia it can make the colon lazy as it sort of gets a little nap also during surgery. Causes the muscles of the colon to be lazy. Try drinking prune juice or eating high fiber foods and fruit. Best to make sure that you ask doc so that you don't end up suffering from this. Good luck. meirish

susanep

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »
Well, right before I was going to call the doctor I went. I have went each day since. Next week,but I forget what day, I go back for the first post surgery check with a nurse. I think there is one more after that.
Thanks for comments friends.
susan