Author Topic: vaccine shots  (Read 1395 times)

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
Re: vaccine shots
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 09:04:19 PM »
Linda,

I just read your inputs on this thread - I guess I am a little late on catching up on things, but I wanted to say that I like how you worded and explained your replies.  Very constructive and easy to follow.  Well explained.

I guess I am trying to say thank you for your input.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

Jeigh44

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »
I decided not to take any!  ZERO!  So many people I know are getting Covid have been double vaccinated.  I will consider it once they find a vaccine that has a better efficacy rate.

meirish

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 10:55:21 PM »
I will add now after all this time that I had investigated really well on all three of the vaccines that our country gives and had come to the conclusion that the way the drug replicates is very important. Also there seemed to be more info stating that the first two drugs were more prone to be involved with inflammatory issues. The way I read it the Johnson and Johnson didn't because of the method used to make it.

Now, I may have interpreted this wrong and I have gone back and tried to find the info that I had read and it doesn't seem to be around now. Can't help but think that the way they explained things has changed over the past year. We will never know until a few years have passed I guess as this is such a wicked weird virus with so many strange effects on people. It is almost like the virus itself has as many symptoms or weird reactions on the body as the Sjogrens autoimmune disease itself does. My humble take on this. meirish

jazzlover

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2021, 08:21:42 AM »
One thought is:

Ask yourself how many "boosters" you are willing to take, for a virus with a 99% survival rate.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 04:26:54 PM »
Hi

Long Covid is no fun and I have read that about 10% of people end up with it. I have a flu shot every year and would be quite happy to have a Covid shot as well if necessary.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

meirish

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 10:36:06 PM »
I have a feeling that I would not be in the 99% recovery rate. People with autoimmune disease and other diseases that they list all the time, are at higher risk for death. This darn covid is such a complicated disease and it can cause autoimmune or inflammatory issues also that can cause death. The latest thing they have figured out is to give aspirin to people with covid for a few months to prevent blood clots. People in the hospital probably get blood thinners I would guess as they are much sicker.

As a nurse I read so many medical articles that explain things more in depth (some of which are so complicated and in depth they are beyond me) and it amazes me just what this covid can do to our bodies. Totally a 100 more times complicated than the old yearly flu that we think of. Will take years for researchers to nail this disease down I think. My opinion. meirish